Favourite Buffalo Airport Hotel?

anyone ever stay at the hilton garden inn, thinking of staying there on the next trip down.:confused3

I've only stayed at The sleep Innn directly across from the airport and the quality inn across the other way on genessee street,The sleep inn was nice enough but not for us.I can't fall asleep there it just feels off and there was no indoor pool for my girls :( .I like that the Quality Inn has the 24hr McDonalds there but this September we are trying out the Days inn for the first time.

Do all of these hotels pick you up and bring you back to the hotel. Or do you take a taxi. This is such a great idea. We live in Stoney creek. So I would normally just drive. But is appealing to have already gone thru customs the day before

Each hotel is different with times they have shuttle to airport some are 24 hrs some are not. Some hotels share a shuttle and you can have long wait at airport for it to come and get you on your return. We also look for time the hotel starts breakfast if we have a really early flight- some start as early as 4:30 am- others like Comfort Inn and Suites did not have hot food out but let us take muffins, yogurt etc at 4 in the morning. We also now always find out where the hotel will have you park your car-one year at the Sleep Inn we had to park down the street in a different lot away from the hotel and ended up pushing van out over snow banks and the parking lot was a huge muddy mess.

These are two sites I like to compare hotels and parking rates http://trinityreservations.com/ http://www.buyreservations.com/park-sleep-fly-hotel-search/

We have also pricelined a hotel and paid hotel for parking for 2 weeks when got there and another time got the Comfort Inn and Suites last year for $45 for a night via priceline and then we just drove to the airport and parked there-did like not having to wait for shuttle at end of trip doing in that way.

I prefer to park at the airport as from what the previous person stated you sometimes have to wait quite a while for the hotel shuttles to come get you on the return trip. We have had that happen to use so from now on will park at the airport even when staying at a hotel overnight, just hate haveing to stand around waiting ,by that point in time we just want to get movin and get home!:thumbsup2

I was going to bid on priceline knowing I'd get the Marriott, maybe I'll check out a couple of the other hotels mentioned.

Can anyone confirm you still get the Marriott using the options we've always used?

Another vote for the Staybridge Suites booked through www.trinityreservations.com!

Our price was 126 (taxes in). The indoor pool and rec area outside were great for the kids (and adults). Room was smallish but clean and comfy ... Kitchen was a plus. Breakfast was good. Oliver Garden across the street and a shopping mall about a block away. Many restaurants a short drive down the road. Cars are parked at the hotel. No issues with shuttle (and there were 8 of us). Would use them again.

Another vote for the Staybridge Suites booked through www.trinityreservations.com!

Our price was 126 (taxes in). The indoor pool and rec area outside were great for the kids (and adults). Room was smallish but clean and comfy ... Kitchen was a plus. Breakfast was good. Oliver Garden across the street and a shopping mall about a block away. Many restaurants a short drive down the road. Cars are parked at the hotel. No issues with shuttle (and there were 8 of us). Would use them again.

Do you have to pay to park here? I love the staybridge suites for our family of 5 it works well!

greenclan67 said:
Do you have to pay to park here? I love the staybridge suites for our family of 5 it works well!

Not if you book a park n fly package. You can book direct on the Staybridge site, but it's much cheaper to book through trinity reservations or through www.buyreservations.com. I'd double check the number of people the reservation covers, because we were given a small room (1 Q bed and a pullout) the last time we booked the package. It was suitable for the four of us, but likely would not be for a family of five. I'm pretty sure both sites list the number of people covered clearly.

We've had great experiences booking through both sites. I think we've used trinity for four stays and buyreservations for one. We often use them even when we're not flying out, because the rates ( which include parking) are cheaper than the regular rate on the Staybridge site.

Our $126 included parking for up to 14 nights and the airport shuttle. As another poster mentioned, we ended up in the smallish 1 Qn + sofabed room. When I booked through Trinity Reservations, I requested a room with 2 beds. I got a reply that the hotel only had the 1 Qn + sofabed option available and was given the option to cancel our reservation (without penalty) if that wouldn't meet our needs. The rates are definitely much better through Trinity than through the hotel directly.

Max occupancy via Trinity says 5 people for the Staybridge vs 6 people if you go through buy reservations..........we booked through buy reservations just because of that for Christmas time this year and I did put that we have 6 people so a one queen bed and sofa bed room will not work for us! I will have to call them and confirm that they can fit all 6 of us!

Thank you for the replies. How far from the airport is this? It says 10 mins. We have stayed at the Marriott in Amhearst that everyone uses here through priceline. We have also done the Days Inn right accross from the airport! But our flight isn't until 5:30 at night, so we have a whole day to kill first!

Thank you for the replies. How far from the airport is this? It says 10 mins. We have stayed at the Marriott in Amhearst that everyone uses here through priceline. We have also done the Days Inn right accross from the airport! But our flight isn't until 5:30 at night, so we have a whole day to kill first!

I'd say that the Staybridge is at most 10 minutes from the airport. They've got us there in less than that for a flight first thing in the morning. I think it's a little closer than Amherst. I like the location. It's just down the street from the Boulevard Mall. There's an Olive Garden right across the street, and lots of shopping (Kohls, Target, Walmart, Marshalls, Dick's ...) down Transit Road.

ETA The Staybridge also has a Movie Room, where you can bring or borrow DVDs and watch it in comfy chairs etc. Our kids enjoy doing that. If you bring some disney movies, it might be a fun way to kill some time while waiting for your flight.

Trinity reservations is no longer offering Staybridges on my travel date in October. When it was still available, it stated only for 4.
Buyreservations still has it available. It says occupancy is 6, but further down, the type of room available says queen plus pull out. So I emailed them about this, as there are 2 adults and 4 kids in my family, and the reply was the offer is only for the queen plus pull out but they do offer rollaway beds if needed. I am not too happy. If I want the actual suite, I have to go through the hotel itself, the room currently costing in the $300's.

Trinity reservations is no longer offering Staybridges on my travel date in October. When it was still available, it stated only for 4.
Buyreservations still has it available. It says occupancy is 6, but further down, the type of room available says queen plus pull out. So I emailed them about this, as there are 2 adults and 4 kids in my family, and the reply was the offer is only for the queen plus pull out but they do offer rollaway beds if needed. I am not too happy. If I want the actual suite, I have to go through the hotel itself, the room currently costing in the $300's.

We are waiting to see if priceline will have a good deal when we go Sept...

momlee4 said:

It would be a tight squeeze with one rollaway (nevermind 2) in the qn + sofabed rooms. Is 2 rooms an option - maybe splitting 1 adult and 2 kids in each? I would thnk that would still be cheaper than a suite. I don't know if you could get a regular hotel room in Buffalo that sleeps 6 ...

The website we recently used was buyreservations.com. Their packages offer a night stay, transportation to and from the airport and parking. Their rates are reasonable too.

This is our 5th year staying at the Millennium. :thumbsup2

We prefer our hotel to be away from the airport (noise). Plus you're right next door to the Walden Galleria. Great restaurants nearby too!

Like a previous poster mentioned, we always book a courtyard room which opens up to the pool. The kids have a blast and it keeps them busy the night before a flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter