Favorite time to cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tinkmt, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tinkmt

tinkmt Mouseketeer

What is your favorite time of year to cruise...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

If you eliminate specialty cruises (in which case the answer is "whenever they are offered," my favorite time is September. The weather is warm, the water is warm, and the rates are low.

Yes, we've had hurricane issues on some cruises, but weather is always a risk with a cruise. Today the problem was fog in Galveston.

4. ilovetexas

ilovetexas DIS Veteran

Early to mid May. It's too close to the end of the school year for most people to take their kids out of school so I can have a relatively child free cruise (except on DCL).

Also, September in Alaska was great for the same reason. Too close to the beginning of the school year for people to take their kids out of school.

5. VowRenewal13

VowRenewal13 Mouseketeer

We like November. It is still warm on Castaway Cay. We do not have any school age children so we can cruise anytime.
    :wave2:

6. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

We love May - Its nice and warm but yet not super hot like in the summer months.

7. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

We are trying the end of July / beginning of August. Hopefully it will be cooler on a cruise than it is at home.

8. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

I really love early February. First I like to sail around my birthday, 2nd, the price is usually decent, 3rd it's cold in NJ but nice and warm in the caribean. Not a big fan of heat and humity, so that time of the year is perfect. Quite warm enough to lay by the pool or on the beach and swim in the ocean.

9. cdnmickeyfan5324

cdnmickeyfan5324 Earning My Ears

We like end of April beginning of May. No hurricanes and great weather!!

10. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear you say that we are cruising a few weeks - second week in February and we were worried we would regret it being in the winter and not being able to enjoy outside things.:)

11. tinkmt

tinkmt Mouseketeer

I am glad you bring up February. We will be attending a wedding :bride: in NJ in Feb 2014 and were thinking of taking a cruise right after. Its pretty expensive to fly to the East coast from Montana and we are wanting to take another cruise so we thought why not kill two birds with one stone! I figured it can't be terribly expensive to fly from NJ to FL. :woohoo:

12. MrsKP

MrsKP Mouseketeer

September! Weather & price. Just buy travel insurance!

13. allears

Which sailing are you on?

And you'll enjoy the outside things, no worries! The ocean can be a little chilly in the Bahamas, but hasn't stopped me in the past from getting in there. Further south it has always been great!

14. allears

I guess terribly expensive is rather relative! It wasn't too inexpensive this year! We were very close to deciding to drive!

15. tinkmt

tinkmt Mouseketeer

Its probably a lot less then flying from Montana :laughing: I figure, worse case, we can rent a car and drive. It still will be cheaper then flying to the east coast twice! Glad to hear the weather is still nice in February.:thumbsup2

16. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

August. We prefer it to be warm so that we can enjoy the beaches and the pool deck.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards