Favorite time to cruise

If you eliminate specialty cruises (in which case the answer is "whenever they are offered," my favorite time is September. The weather is warm, the water is warm, and the rates are low.

Yes, we've had hurricane issues on some cruises, but weather is always a risk with a cruise. Today the problem was fog in Galveston.

Early to mid May. It's too close to the end of the school year for most people to take their kids out of school so I can have a relatively child free cruise (except on DCL).

Also, September in Alaska was great for the same reason. Too close to the beginning of the school year for people to take their kids out of school.

We like November. It is still warm on Castaway Cay. We do not have any school age children so we can cruise anytime.
:wave2:

We love May - Its nice and warm but yet not super hot like in the summer months.

We are trying the end of July / beginning of August. Hopefully it will be cooler on a cruise than it is at home.

I really love early February. First I like to sail around my birthday, 2nd, the price is usually decent, 3rd it's cold in NJ but nice and warm in the caribean. Not a big fan of heat and humity, so that time of the year is perfect. Quite warm enough to lay by the pool or on the beach and swim in the ocean.

I really love early February. First I like to sail around my birthday, 2nd, the price is usually decent, 3rd it's cold in NJ but nice and warm in the caribean. Not a big fan of heat and humity, so that time of the year is perfect. Quite warm enough to lay by the pool or on the beach and swim in the ocean.

I am glad to hear you say that we are cruising a few weeks - second week in February and we were worried we would regret it being in the winter and not being able to enjoy outside things.:)

I am glad you bring up February. We will be attending a wedding :bride: in NJ in Feb 2014 and were thinking of taking a cruise right after. Its pretty expensive to fly to the East coast from Montana and we are wanting to take another cruise so we thought why not kill two birds with one stone! I figured it can't be terribly expensive to fly from NJ to FL. :woohoo:

I am glad to hear you say that we are cruising a few weeks - second week in February and we were worried we would regret it being in the winter and not being able to enjoy outside things.:)

Which sailing are you on?

And you'll enjoy the outside things, no worries! The ocean can be a little chilly in the Bahamas, but hasn't stopped me in the past from getting in there. Further south it has always been great!

I am glad you bring up February. We will be attending a wedding :bride: in NJ in Feb 2014 and were thinking of taking a cruise right after. Its pretty expensive to fly to the East coast from Montana and we are wanting to take another cruise so we thought why not kill two birds with one stone! I figured it can't be terribly expensive to fly from NJ to FL. :woohoo:

I guess terribly expensive is rather relative! It wasn't too inexpensive this year! We were very close to deciding to drive!

I guess terribly expensive is rather relative! It wasn't too inexpensive this year! We were very close to deciding to drive!

Its probably a lot less then flying from Montana :laughing: I figure, worse case, we can rent a car and drive. It still will be cheaper then flying to the east coast twice! Glad to hear the weather is still nice in February.:thumbsup2

August. We prefer it to be warm so that we can enjoy the beaches and the pool deck.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter