Favorite spots at the Boardwalk

E

eeyoresmom

DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA

We've never found much to occupy us at BW during the day other than the pool. Not really much happening on the BW. Perhaps renting one of those surrey bikes?

I was thinking more of spots to read, have a cup of coffee, etc. We have a garden/pool view and I requested Village Green. If we get a room in that section I will probably spend some time on the balcony, otherwise I like to leave the room while DH gets ready or while he's working out, etc.

We like to go to the Belle Vue room in the BW Inn and play the board games they have there. We also usually do a resort tour - walk through BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin just to see what's going on. We've done the surrey bikes but didn't find it all that fun. Sitting on the open air porch off of the BW lobby is nice and relaxing. Then in the evening - the games and entertainment on the Boardwalk are fun. Sitting on the beach at the BC/YC is relaxing as well. Occasionally we grab a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and sit in one of the swings. Also, sometimes there are movies on the beach.

I always wanted to read a book under the stairs that lead from the Boardwalk to the Lobby (or upstairs outside of the lobby). We're runners so we like doing the loop around the Boardwalk (and YB). Also, you could spend a night at Jellyrolls listening to the dueling pianos.

Probably not applicable, but every morning there I roll over to the bench next to the Atlantic Dance and have my coffee and a cigar. I do this early so there's no one else around and I get to see the Friendship boats come out for the start of their day. Ditto the Belle Vue, the deck outside offers great People Watching but drinks aren't served until 5 pm.

Bill From PA

Thanks everyone. The lounge sounds good. Can you access it and the deck before the bar opens?

DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA

Oh, for sure for us. Getting a slice of pizza and/or a cold beer and sangria from the take out window, grabbing a table near the water, listening to the Friendship boats blowing their horns and people watching. That's my Disney moment.

It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!! :cool1:

It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!! :cool1:

I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side :goodvibes

I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side :goodvibes

Just go through the lobby and keep on walkin', you'll find it! It's a fun adventure LOL

If I remember correctly, the lounge is off the lobby on the inn side. It is really elegant and relaxing. Allearsnet has some great video of it.

Thanks everyone. The lounge sounds good. Can you access it and the deck before the bar opens?

Yes, you can enter the lounge area at any time. DD18 and I enjoyed playing checkers there for an afternoon break.

As for getting to the BWI quiet pool, go to the elevator bank for the Inn side. Then either keep walking and exit through the glass doors and walk down the stairs OR you can take the elevator down to the ground level and exit there. You won't see the pool when you exit, but walk through the garden and around another building and it will be there. It's very nice and quiet there.

Muscles and Bustles is a decent fitness facility if you want to get a little work out in. Also, you can schedule massages which are always a treat.

Yes, you can enter the lounge area at any time. DD18 and I enjoyed playing checkers there for an afternoon break.

As for getting to the BWI quiet pool, go to the elevator bank for the Inn side. Then either keep walking and exit through the glass doors and walk down the stairs OR you can take the elevator down to the ground level and exit there. You won't see the pool when you exit, but walk through the garden and around another building and it will be there. It's very nice and quiet there.

Thank you. Just the kind of detailed info I like. I hate walking around a hotel in pool attire, even with a decent cover up on, so I'd much rather know exactly where I am going.

- sitiing on the wicker chairs on the back balcony
- reading in the nook UNDER the back balcony
- belle vue lounge
- walk to fantasia gardens mini-golf
- eat outside BRG, people watch & drink a beer flight
- have an ice cream (from sweet shoppe) as you watch the nighttime performers, cheer on those playing games
- relax at the prettiest (IMHO) pool on property at the BWI side
- watch a movie by luna park
- rent a bike at community hall, or and/or rackets to play tennis
- jellyrolls
- ESPN
- get a resort fact sheet at the front desk, and check out each one. enjoy the gorgeous lobby
- watch illuminations on the bridge to EPCOT
- walk to DHS, just because you can :)
- there are lots of photo ops at the BW, so spend time taking pix
- looking out over the crescent lake from sea breeze point
- ping-pong at community hall

:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter