1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Favorite restaurants at Wilderness Lodge

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Catira, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Catira

Catira DIS Veteran

Hi we will be staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time in November. Which restaurants are your faves? Our traveling party consists of adults only.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We love Artist Point. Both the filet and salmon are amazing and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.

4. MSSANDRA

MSSANDRA DIS Veteran

They are so different that comparing them would be pretty difficult. Artist Point is a very nice, signature place, where you can enjoy a quite dinner with very good food. We have no problem taking kids here, but it is certainly more upscale. WCC is loud and crazy and has tons of smoked flavor food. Some people love it, others (including me ) are not so crazy about it. The last is simply a counter service place. It's small, not a food court, with somewhat limited choices. It is fine for a quick meal and for some reason, we like the hot dogs there. Would never go there just to eat, but it works if you are staying there. You are also a very quick boat ride over to Trails End Buffet at FW that is very good food.

5. ArmyWife3-4

ArmyWife3-4 DIS Veteran

If you're looking for a more adult dining options and you're willing to go with a Signature dining experience, Artist Point is fabulous. The theming and atmosphere is lovely, and we've never been disappointed with the food or the service. It's our special place to celebrate special occasions. We just love it!
    Also be sure to check out the Territory Lounge for drinks and appetizers and/or dessert. Such a lovely place to sit and take in the day!

6. Sadie22

Sadie22 DIS Veteran

On our last trip we stayed at WL and ate at all the restaurants. They were all good. We end every trip at Whispering Canyon, but it was our first time at the others. Artist Point was super.

7. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

Wilderness Lodge Eateries:
    . . . Artist Point - one our five favs for Signatures
    . . . Whispering Canyon Cafe - OK and acceptable
    . . . Roaring Fork - skip it unless REALLY hungry

8. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Well--I'd skip Whispering Canyon unless I was VERY--VERY--VERY-hungry.

Its noisy, full of "antics" and the food perfectly ordinary.

AP and the Lounge are both very nice---

9. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

we loveeeee Whispering canyon. I was let down by Artist Point

10. mcconnellfam96

mcconnellfam96 DIS Veteran

Be aware, WCC just instituted a new procedure....you are given a disk (coaster size) when seated at your table. One side is green and the other is red - if you keep your disk turned to red, the WCC will not include you in the "craziness". :)

11. DucksInThePool

DucksInThePool Earning My Ears

Although it may seem a bit bizarre, my favorite part of staying at WL (snack-wise) was the condiments bar in the food court. Whenever on my way down to the pool, I'd grab a few slices of pickles and be on my way:cool1:
    Artist Point was delicious as well when we went.

12. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Is this for real? That's like the meat system at our favorite Brazilian steakhouse~ my kids are constantly turning over each others' cards on each other, one way or another :rolleyes1 I could see that would be part of the antics, at least with my family :goodvibes

I think Roaring Forks has some decent food~ their salads are good.
    We love the Contempo Café at the Contemporary~ worth a boat ride over for Counter Service.

Whispering Canyon has a good breakfast. We've eaten there for breakfast, lunch and dinner several times and breakfast is our favorite of the three.

I know many love Artist Point, I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it, it's just never wowed us the few times we've gone. Nice though.

Territory Lounge is the nicest lounge/bars in the Magic Kingdom resort area in our opinion.

13. prgal0715

prgal0715 Mouseketeer

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences at Artist Point; the food is outstanding as is the service. It's on the quiet side and a really nice spot for an adults-only dinner.

And while it's not a "restaurant" per se, Territory Lounge has some really yummy snacks (like Pinot Grigio fondue!) and good cocktails in a relaxed atmosphere.

Enjoy!!

14. SouthJersey

SouthJersey Yeah Buddy

Artist Point is excellent, we've just replaced it on our future trips after this past trip though :(

The others are 'meh' food if you're hungry, nothing memorable.

15. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Good move--sadly tho, you'll have to see and hear it.

My ears are still ringing from the servers banging the serving carts on the floor and screaming "Ye Hah"

And that was nearly 10 years ago---