Favorite Restaurant to start and end your trip?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by dec2901, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mbtohill

mbtohill Mouseketeer

Our trips always start at the Biergarten and end at Jiko. We like to think the Biergarten gets us in the right frame of mind for a crazy fun week and Jiko is a nice relaxing way to end things.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dizneemaineeak

dizneemaineeak Earning My Ears

We typically arrive late afternoon and grab a quick bite at resort, but our first full day usually starts with Chef Mickey's. No need for a lunch break that first day!

4. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

I like a dinner at 'Ohana the first night and a dinner at Cali Grill the last night.

I like Cape May for a last morning breakfast.

5. SteveandAli511

SteveandAli511 Earning My Ears

We always like to do Ohana on our first full day there (we no longer book ADRs on our arrival day so we don't feel rushed to make it there depending on flights/tiredness.) For our trip in May it'll be our 1st Anniversary on our first day so we'll be eating at Citricos instead :thumbsup2. We do have an ADR for Ohana a couple of nights later though!

We never really have a certain place to go on our last night, maybe because we'd associate it with leaving the next day, lol. Normally it'll be whatever we're in the mood for, which sometimes is as simple as heading down to Earl of Sandwich and grabbing some shakes at Ghirardelli!

6. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Our first Disney meal is ALWAYS lunch at our resort food court. :goodvibes
    Our last night meal is ALWAYS dinner at Epcot - it varies each year. Last year was Teppan Edo - this year it will be Via Napoli. :)

7. hotcarib

hotcarib DIS Veteran

Akershus 1st park day (lunch)
    but we always include 1 Cellier visit (and not for the filet, cheese soup or pretzel breads:))
    Lunches
    Y&Y
    La Cava
    Dinners
    Boma
    Tokyo (Illuminations view rather than the food)
    'Ohana (Lapu and bread pudding.....really don''t care for their dinner)
    otherwise whatever reservations are open and look good
    This time we are trying Yachtsman and Be Our Guest

8. Shannon30

Shannon30 Earning My Ears

Cystal palace!

9. ellie'smom

ellie'smom Mouseketeer

First meals for us is always at Earl of sandwich. We check in, go to DTD to shop for trinkets, and eat at Earls. Last Night we always eat at Rose & Crown and watch the fireworks from their restaurant. Our last meals at the parks always vary because every year we go to a different park to close out our vacation.

10. anniemae

anniemae Either she is eating a delicious

Our first meal is San Angel Inn at Epcot. When we enter, I just feel like we can start vacation, we just love the atmosphere!

We usually end with Liberty Tree Tavern since the last day is at MK.

11. mom_of_2

mom_of_2 Mouseketeer

We always start with Chef Mickey's for dinner!

12. kiford

kiford DIS Veteran

We always go to Teppan Edo our first day. Not sure why - it just became a tradition. While we don't have a specific last day favourite, we always make sure to fit Victoria & Albert's in sometime during the trip and make sure to clear the calendar for the evening to spend the time. We also have other favourites but it depends on how many days we spend at WDW.

13. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

Teppan Edo has become our first night tradition. We love it.

Last day tradition has become an as early as we can get it Crystal Palace breakfast and then hitting a few attractions in the MK before one last trip around on the Railroad. It's a nice way to end things.

14. dmiller64152

dmiller64152 Mouseketeer

This is our first trip, so not exactly a tradition, but we're starting with dinner at Biergarten and ending with dinner at Ohana (and watching fireworks from the beach). At least that is the plan this week .. I seem to be changing my ADRs daily!

15. crabbygal902

crabbygal902 after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore

We usually save 'Ohana until the last night of our trip, and we've finally learned to stop doing that! By the end of the week, we are worn out, over-fed, and can't truly enjoy 'Ohana. I will try to book 'Ohana on the first day of our vacation instead next time.

Chef Mickey's is our traditional first day meal. Nothing says WDW to me like the monorail, the characters, and the Contemporary.

I guess we will switch the 2 and see how that works. A Chef Mickey's breakfast on the last morning seems like a good way (is there ever REALLY a good way??) to say goodbye. :sad:

16. joanne312

joanne312 DIS Veteran

'Ohana is our first day dinner tradition. And the entire meal is filled with "I can't believe we are actually here!" repeated over and over!

17. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

For us we don't have any one restaurant we end our visit with but in our arrival day we always do Narcoossees and then head over to the MK into the night.

18. Brook1099

Brook1099 DIS Veteran

We start our first full day at Tusker House in AK, my kids favorite for years, and they love to start there vacaton at AK. They can't get enough of the YETI.

We usually end at Trex another kids favorite and xmas shopping for mom. This year thinking maybe BOG and Wishes.

19. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

California grill!!!!

20. hooch11bear

hooch11bear Mouseketeer

Last year we started our trip off by eating at Captain's Grille for lunch, headed back to our resort to relax and then we headed to Raglan Road for dinner. We are doing the same thing this year too. Our first day in the park is always at San Angel Inn for lunch. We love the feeling of being in the Mexico pavilion!!

21. NJdadof2

NJdadof2 Mouseketeer

Last year we ended with Lilo and Stitch for Breakfast, and we are doing the same this year.

Starting off with Hoop Dee Doo this year, and I am anticipating that will start us off right. :thumbsup2