1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Favorite Restaurant on the Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MarineFam, Jan 13, 2013.

1. CSHaydt

CSHaydt Mouseketeer

We've done the Magic and did the Dream last year and are booked on the Fantasy next year.
    Honestly i was disappointed in Royal Court; Enchanted Garden was ok but my DS found them both extremely boring and they were pretty but theme was nothing exciting... Animators was extremely entertaining! So to me that was the best restaurant.

I guess we are cheap we haven't done Remy or Palo - as much as i'd love to... i'd rather save the money for fun stuff with the kids.

So my vote - Animators!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. madduck

madduck Mouseketeer

DPUCK1998
    I was responding to a direct question from WDWMOM because she asked. I didn't want to explain my opinion because I knew people would tell me that I don't know what good food is. I have eaten foods in at least 7 different countries,many different regions of the United States, and lived for 18 months in Colombia, so I don't believe that adventurous has anything to do with the fact that neither my wife or I found the food to be a HOMERUN. Different strokes for different folks. I just think people should realize that Remy is not a must do and money might be better spent.

4. wdwdmom

wdwdmom Earning My Ears

I appreciate the feedback. We'll probably stick with Palo and the MDRs this cruise. Thanks, everyone!

5. dpuck1998

dpuck1998 <font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen

I couldn't agree more, I was stating my opinion and appreciate yours. I wasn't commenting on your post, just describing what I think of Remy.

6. MarineFam

MarineFam Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Great feedback everyone! Thanks. We are all so excited to get on the Fantasy and try out the new restaurants. I think we will go to Palo as we really enjoyed it in the past and I don't see spending the money for Remy when I was really happy with Palo and don't want to be away from the normal Dining rotation with the family more than one night. It's gonna be a great cruise....

7. ratt1345

ratt1345 Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

For MDR's: Animator's by far. I like the look and feel of Enchanted Gardens. My least favorite would be Royal. That could have been done up better. The food is excellent in each restaurant. Next cruise DW and I do Remy. So I will be able to comment on that later.

8. STLEdge

STLEdge Mouseketeer

Remy. I've eaten at Remy and Palo and I did not find them comparable. I would compare Palo to a high-end chain restaurant like Morton's or Ruth's Chris. Very good, no question, but not memorable. Remy delivered one of the best meals and experiences we've ever had. Cannot recommend it enough.

9. DLBDS

DLBDS Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

I don't know if it's because I'm never hungry or what but I always find the MDR food just "eh". I've told my family that if I don't see much on the menu then I'm heading to Cabana's after we eat. I DO consider myself a "foodie". Just never seem satisfied at an MDR. And I'm the one always ordering escargot. Go figure.

10. dpuck1998

Love the escargot! We usually order several :thumbsup2

11. AddysMama

AddysMama Earning My Ears

Didn't go to Palo or Remy - but our vote is Cabanas for the buffet and Enchanted Garden for the dinners. (except the night where Animators Palate animates your drawing - that was the BEST night!) We had a window seat in EG so that might have swayed our vote. I'd say Royal Court was our least fav.

12. dpuck1998

I think you hit on something there. EG was our least favorite but RC was our favorite. We had a window seat at RC and sat in the busy isle at EG.

13. disneylover2170

disneylover2170 Earning My Ears

Mine was probably Anamators palate loved how you had the same exact waiter the whole time u where on the cruise felt like u were at home!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mtinkerbell5189

Mtinkerbell5189 Mouseketeer

What type of things did they have at cabanas for dinner?

15. libpetersen

libpetersen Mouseketeer

Cabanas at night has the menu items from the other resturants. Very convenient and a great option as we were not that into the main dining rooms and preferred the adult only resturants. (Although our next cruise we may try the regular dining rotation.) We took the kids to Cabanas most nights on the Dream and we would have multiple waiters getting the kids what they wanted VERY QUICKLY from all of the menus. We would have a drink and maybe an appetizer, then take the kids to the clubs while we went to Palo or Remy.