Favorite Restaurant on the Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MarineFam, Jan 13, 2013.

1. MarineFam

MarineFam Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

What was your favorite restaurant on the Fantasy? We have been on the Magic twice but this is the first time on the Fantasy....:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Remy

4. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

5. MarineFam

I have been to Pallo on the Magic and thought it was wonderful and can't imagine that it would get better but that is what I am hearing. What about the rotational restaurants?

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Royal Court on the Fantasy was nicely furnished, right down to the bread baskets shaped like Cinderella's Coach. Would love to bring one of those home (legally.)

Both the Crush show and the Animation show in Animator's Palate were fun -- Disney Imagineering at its finest.

7. texasgirl73

texasgirl73 Obsessive Trip Planner

If you take out Remy and Palo, and only include rotational restaurants- my favorite was Royal Court- I had both my favorite dinner (rotational) and favorite lunch there. The food is most important to me. The Animation Magic Show made Animator's Palate the most enjoyable if you take food out of the equation. Enchanted Garden was pretty good but if I had to miss one (on the Fantasy that is) that would be it.

8. MarineFam

Great! thanks for the info. We can't wait to experience this being a different ship there will be so much more. We are taking a first time cruiser family with us too.

9. magic carpet man

magic carpet man Magic Carpet Man

I think Enchanted Garden's theme really disappoints, but I suppose is better than Parrot Cay. Animation Magic is by far the best innovation on the Fantasy.

10. ilovetexas

ilovetexas DIS Veteran

Another vote for Remy!

Of the MDRs: Royal Court, Enchanted Garden then Animators. In that order. However, if traveling with kids, I'd probably reverse the order. The kids would be more impressed with the animation than the elegance of Royal Court.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I liked each of them, for different reasons. Animator's is incredible--obviously for the high tech stuff. The animation show is unbelievable. Royal Palace is gorgeous. Enchanted Garden is pretty and more low key. I may have missed the theme lighting change part of it because of where I was sitting, but it was a nice environment. It was MUCH better than Parrot Cay which is way too noisy and just not that attractive.

Royal Palace is neat in that each place you may end up sitting (do enough cruises.....) you'll see something different.

12. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

13. AzMickeyFan

AzMickeyFan Earning My Ears

They all have different decors and themes. It all depends on your taste and what you want. For me.... if it's on the Fantasy, then it's my favorite!

14. madduck

madduck Mouseketeer

Not Remy. Give me Palo any day.

15. Disney Legend

Disney Legend Earning My Ears

I did not go to Palo's or Remy's on my December trip. My favorite place to eat was Cabana's. I will never be a foodie critic but hey, I really liked it.

16. wdwdmom

wdwdmom Earning My Ears

Madduck, why not Remy?

We leave in a few weeks. I booked Palo, but not Remy because we are not wine/champagne drinkers, so I don't know that we'll get our money's worth.

Please enlighten me.

17. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

I LOVE Enchanted Garden...it just goes to show that everyone likes something different! :)
    My least favorite is the first night in Animators...I HATE the Crush show...way too loud and distracting.
    I've not done Remy, I just can't justify the cost.

For dinners, my favorite rotational menu is Enchanted Garden, then Royal Court/Palace, then Animators.

For breakfast, I prefer Enchanted Garden...its a buffet, but less hectic than Cabanas, and they make these amazing croissant sandwiches with ham and cheese (I add scrambled eggs...yum!).

If you are doing 7 nights, make sure you experience breakfast in all of your options...they are all great for different reasons!

Have a great cruise!

18. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

I also love the Enchanted Garden atmosphere and cannot stand the Crush show in AP. I prefer Cabanas for breakfast because I typically eat the same thing every day - oatmeal with walnuts sprinkled on it :) Once per cruise we go to the sit down breakfast & no matter which ship, DH gets the waffle sandwich with dulce de leche & I get the buckwheat crepe. We also do the sit down lunch once per cruise - I like the butternut squash risotto I had on the Fantasy - yummy!!!

Palo. Its nice. I'll be honest. I like dinner, but I'm kinda sick of it.....too many cruises I guess. We have done Palo brunch twice & I do like that as well. We are booked for Remy lunch in March & will try Remy dinner one day.

We've never gone to a buffet lunch in a restaurant (except for embarkation lunch in Parrot Cay on the classic ships). If I'm eating buffet lunch, I'd rather be outside on the pool deck & get from Cabanas. We've also not done sit down dinner in Cabanas yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

19. super mike b

super mike b DIS Veteran

I agree, we love lunch at Cabanas. And dinner at Palo.:thumbsup2

20. madduck

madduck Mouseketeer

WDWMOM

About Remy, we just didn't think anything we ate was that good. My favorite thing was one of the breads. We kept waiting for something to wow us and it never arrived. We went into it not really knowing what to expect, but since it cost four times that of Palo, we did expect to like the food more than Palo. I've read where several people on these boards said that they were glad they tried the restaurant but probably wouldn't eat there again. I think I am one of those that won't eat there again and wish I would have spent my money on something/anything else.

21. dpuck1998

dpuck1998 <font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen

Remy was the best meal I've ever eat'en. I understand food is a very personnel choice, but the food at Remy is as good as any. You have to be slightly adventurous because it isn't big portions of common food, but almost everything was a home run.