Favorite Restaurant for Dinner While at MK?

CodeGoddess

DIS Veteran
I'm curious what everyone's favorite restaurant for dinner is while at MK? (inside or outside the park)

I see BOG and Liberty Tree Tavern mentioned a lot. I am reading mixed reviews on dinner at BOG so I am on the fence about (plus the hard to get ADR). Liberty Tree Tavern seems to have good reviews but we have a vegetarian in our group so this may not work. Any other standouts I am forgetting? TIA!

I enjoyed the food at The Plaza, and the price is actually pretty reasonable. The atmosphere is a little hit or miss, and they kind of cram people in, but I think that's true of a lot of Disney restaurants.

I'm a vegetarian and I ate at LTT last April, no problem! I got a huge salad without the chicken if I'm remembering correctly!

Actually as a vegetarian I liked the menu at LTT much better then the option (singular) at BOG (I've been checking out the menu there since we have an ADR in August but I'm not super excited about my one choice there - the ratatouille - 'cause I hate eggplant).

Last edited:

Come out of park and go to one of the nearby resort restaurants. They are better then the park options. The only place we eat at is CHH.

I'm trying BOG for breakfast and Plaza for lunch for the first time on our September trip. I love Columbia Harbor House. Great food for a quick service.

Any specific ones you would suggest for proximity?

If you like character dining, 1900 Park Faire at GF is great for dinner. I'm not a buffet fan, but the food is really good. And the interaction with Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters are worth the price of admission alone! You can hop a boat (I think) or the resort monorail to get there.

Trail's End over at Ft Wilderness... lovely boat ride and the atmosphere at the Ft is so relaxing it makes a great break from the MK craziness. Trail's End is buffet style and I've had good meals there each time I've gone.

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal. *
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea
NOTE1: The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the eatery(ies).
And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free or paid) so we can try
several appys/entrées without pigging-out.
NOTE2: Now, for a real treat, go to The Hotel and Tea Room in Davenport, FL on
a Friday evening. It is run by a real, true Little Old Lady (Miss Mae), who refuses to
charge big bucks! They have a steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shula's. It is an
OLD hotel with a small dining room. Chef is an award winning Chef with Best-In-Show
awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our bill for two (salad, 1½"-thick-after-cooking
rib eye, dessert, and taxes) was only $66.00. They have a nice Afternoon Tea. Breakfast
is literally all you can eat for $6.00, tax included. Yep, six bucks! The place is about
40-min from WDW, but really worth the wait. (Check them out on Facebook or Internet.)
Ressies required for Friday night steak fry and most Afternoon Teas.

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal. *
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea
NOTE1: For a real treat, go to The Hotel and Tea Room in Davenport, FL
on a Friday evening. It is run by a true Little Old Lady (Miss Mae), and she refuses to
charge big bucks! They have a steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shulas. It is an
OLD hotel with a small dining room. Chef is an award winning Chef with Best-In-Show
awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our bill for two (salad, 1½"-thick-after-cooking
rib eye, dessert, and taxes) was only $66.00. They have a nice Afternoon Tea. Breakfast
is literally all you can eat for $6.00, tax included. Yep, six bucks! The place is about
40-min from WDW, but really worth the wait. (Check them out on Facebook or Internet.)
Ressies required for Friday night steak fry and most Afternoon Teas.
NOTE2: The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the eatery(ies).
And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free or paid) so we can try
several appys/entrées without pigging-out.

I think we have similar tastes. I don't mind the CS for lunches or quick breakfasts but for dinners we like to sit down with a glass of wine and talk.

The Wave (at the Contemporary) gets pretty consistent good reviews and we enjoyed it. Be Our Guest has a great atmosphere and decent food but I'm not going through the hassle of trying to get a reservation -- it wasn't THAT good. The Plaza isn't bad -- a step above quick service but not as good as many other table service places. We are eating there on Halloween because nothing else was available, we didn't want to leave the park that day and as someone else mentioned the prices are very reasonable (we are paying out of pocket for that meal). Did not care for Crystal Palace at all. If you can get reservations my top choice would probably be 'Ohana (if on the dining plan -- it is pretty expensive out of pocket).

We rarely eat in MK, but in the past have eaten dinner at The Plaza and it was wonderful!!! We are trying Tony's this year before MNSSHP!

Nov. 1996 - First Visit to WDW @ Dixie Landing
Jan. 2005 - Off Property
Jan. 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan. 2013 - All Star Movies Resort
Jan. 2014 - Art of Animation Resort
Sept. 2015 - Grand Floridian (upcoming)

We've eaten at Plaza several times. I know that while on the DDP it's not the best credit option, but we find it to be a quiet escape with good food. We love the window seats. If you're paying out of pocket it is def worth it. The prices aren't too bad. The menu is limited, but we always love the food!

We ate at Crystal Palace last summer for dinner. The food was good and kids enjoyed the characters, but I do not see it as a must to every trip. JMO.

As PP has mentioned, Trails End buffet at Fort Wilderness is a good choice for dinner. An easy boat ride from the MK dock. I have heard good things about the Wave but haven't tried it yet. My preference would be Kona Cafe at the Poly. Easy monorail over and back. Others may suggest Ohana also at the Poly.

We've eaten at Plaza several times. I know that while on the DDP it's not the best credit option, but we find it to be a quiet escape with good food. We love the window seats. If you're paying out of pocket it is def worth it. The prices aren't too bad. The menu is limited, but we always love the food!

We ate at Crystal Palace last summer for dinner. The food was good and kids enjoyed the characters, but I do not see it as a must to every trip. JMO.

I definitely agree with this. While not a good value on the DP, the Plaza has some very tasty sandwiches & burgers at a lower park price for a TS. Their banana splits, shakes & ice cream goodies are wonderful. Its also a neat, old-fashioned ice cream parlor hang out with air conditioning when its nasty hot & humid outside. The Plaza has earned its place at MK. The trick is knowing when to use it to your best advantage for a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter