1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Favorite resort and why!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by reddfrogg, Aug 25, 2013.

1. reddfrogg

reddfrogg Earning My Ears

I've stayed at most of the resorts, so I thought I would start this thread!!

Deluxe: Has to be Boardwalk (love the proximity to Epcot)

Moderate: Has to be Port Orleans (love the ambience & boat ride over to DTD)

Value: they are ok, but would rather stay at a moderate or Deluxe.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

I'd have to go with the Contemporary CL. It just screams perfect to me. I feel like no matter what side you are on you always get a good view. I love the food they offer, the style appeals to me and my family. I love the location. Being able to walk there and then your only a quick monorail ride there when you a ready to leave! The layout of the resort had me confused at first until I stayed and there and it made a lot of sense. It lacks theme for some people. I don't really care about theme, I would rather have other amenities that CR offers. I love the huge mosaic in the 4th floor. It's something to look at when starting or ending your day. The shops layout is a bit weird and that one store in the middle sticks out like a sore thumb and they should probably move it. It is fun when you are on the top floor and look down and it is just cool to watch people and see what's going on. To me, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Katie

4. reddfrogg

reddfrogg Earning My Ears

My wife didn't really care for the theming, but loved the views!!!

Her favorite would be AKL!!

5. circus4u

circus4u DIS Veteran

Favorite resort - the one I am staying at. Only sleep and shower there, don't use the pools (raised in Florida and lived there for 40 years or so. I guess growing up there changed my attitude since I now hate swimming and loathe any seafood.)

6. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

LOL I loathe seafood too! What resort are you staying at?

Katie

7. APiratesLifeForMe2

APiratesLifeForMe2 DIS Veteran

Favorite is Polynesian. Love the theme and monorail access.

8. Haley

Haley DIS Veteran

I think Polynesian is my #1 choice - it just feels so old school Disney to me and you can't beat the location. I also love the BC and AKL though.

I don't care for any of the moderates.

For Values I like Pop & AoA. I'd rather stay at a value than the moderates- I just don't see the point for the extra $$.

9. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Deluxe: Boardwalk because of the proximity to Epcot. AKL is a close second. In truth, I like the look of AKL better, but the proximity of the BW to Epcot gives it the edge.

I haven't stayed at any of the moderates or values, but I've toured all of them, so my choices are based on the public area.
    Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside because of the decor and I liked the Riverside Mill QS.

Value: Art of Animation because the decor is very cute.

10. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

I'm a DVC member and my home resort is Saratoga Springs so I'm slightly biased but that is my favourite resort for several reasons: its a very quiet resort (probably due to its size); the parking is almost directly in front of your room so it's ideal if you are a lot of shopping; it's very accessible to all the parks especially DTD and I4 and the rooms have got everything you require for your stay.

11. toodycat

toodycat DIS Veteran

Favorite deluxe: GF all the way.

As for moderates or values, I've only stayed at CSR, so I have nothing on which to base a comparison. We hope to stay at POR some time.

12. MinnieSummer

MinnieSummer DIS Veteran

That's a hard question. If we are going for a relaxing trip it would be AKL. If we are going for any of the Epcot festivals then it would be BC. If we are on a tight budget then it would be any of the mods except CBR (although we are staying there for one night in september so maybe it will change my mind). I really don't care for the values. In the DVC cat it would probably be Villas at AKL but it would depend, as above, on what we were there for.

13. clapton

clapton Mouseketeer

Deluxe:
    1. BC-location & atmosphere
    2. CR - my kids grew up staying there, lots of great memories!
    3. GF- classy and beautiful.
    Moderate:
    1. POR- atmosphere & food court.
    Not crazy about values, haven't stayed in years.

14. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Our favorite is the Poly for the following reasons:

- beautiful tropical atmosphere
    - 2 monorail stops from MK
    - 5-7 minute walk to TTC to catch the Epcot monorail
    - great pool that backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming
    - the beach for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room afterwards
    - large, spacious rooms with all rooms having a daybed
    - Captain Cooks for quick CS meals/snacks
    - convenient to GF and CR for a variety of dining/shopping options