favorite recipe for wings?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
my 4 yr old has discovered chicken wings and loves them!

i make them with equal parts bbq, honey and soy sauce, baked for 55-60 minutes and he devours them!

what's your favorite way to dress wings?

Our family loves Chicken wings! I've never tried to make them my self though we always head out to alll the different wings places around here to eat! lol

I'll have to try yours sounds yummy!

Holycow

My boyfriend (who is the pickiest eater ever) loves both of these wing recipes.

Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce

2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, trimmed and separated
1/4 cup peanut butter -- the natural unsweetened kind is the best, but any smooth pb will work.
3 tsp curry powder -- I use a spicy one, but a mild powder or paste would be good, too.
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp pepper
6 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp brown sugar --honey works well, too
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp Tabasco sauce or chili sauce, if you have it. This is optional, or you can increase or decrease the amount. The wings already have a bit of a kick from the ginger and garlic, so use your discretion.

Mix everything except the chicken in bowl until farily smooth. Add wings. Marinate for at least two hours at room temperature. Saving marinade, put wings on broiling rack and broil until browned and cooked through, (about 20 minutes) basting wings with marinade about every 10 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve.

I don't know where I got this recipe, but they're good! Perfect and easy on the grill.

Chinese Chicken Wings

18 chicken wings
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder

Mix all ingredients together except wings. Place wings and marinade in a resealable bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill. Place on grill (a grill basket works great for this) and cook until done. Brush with remaining marinade about half way through the cooking process.

2 large bottles soy sauce(1 lite, 1 regular)
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon each garlic salt, garlic powder

Mix until the sugar is dissolved as best as you can get it. Marinate the wings overnight(preferably 24 hours).
Bake at 350 for about 1 hour turning once

it is from sydney at chyrels place
3 lbs chicken wings
Salt and pepper
2 cups honey
1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup of your favourite barbeque sauce
1/4 cup oil
2 cloves garlic minced

Cut off and discard wing tips
Cut each wing at joint to make 2 sections
Rinse wings,drain and pat dry with paper towels
Season wings with salt and pepper
Brown wings
Transfer wings to slow cooker
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours

my DH is the wing king, he get teriyaki glaze (it's thick, not the thin kind), mixes it with dark brown sugar, then coats the wings in it before baking. They are sooooo good, sticky, but good. :p
Note: I buy a disposable tin foil pan for him to bake these in as they are hard to clean up after!

If I am making hot wings, I use Frank's hot sauce. If the wings are cooked on the grill I use my own terriyaki recipe.

Soy sauce
Water
Fresh garlic or chopped garlic in the jar.
Onions
Fresh Ginger

For the soy sauce and water, use a 1:2 split. Three - four cloves of garlic or 1 - 2 tablespoons of garlic in the jar. One medium onion chopped. Approx 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger. I usually mix it together before adding the wings so I can taste it. It is best to allow the wings to marinate for 24 hours in the fridge. Cook on grill (smoking is best, they won't burn).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter