Favorite On the Road Snacks...

My father-in-law is a type 1 juvenile diabetics and prefers trail mix to munch on. He also enjoys popcorn and unsweet tea. He has done plain or honey roasted peanuts from time to time.

i have never made beef jerky at home!!!!! I will have to try that!!!! thanks for all the ideas keep them coming my shopping list is growing :-)

it is awesome. I use a dehydrator, but i have friends that use their oven.

popcorn and nuts usually. We also usually get a big bag of lollipops.

sweet tea is our usual go to.

we also usually take a sack of sandwiches of different sorts too.

We don't eat low carb, but I always keep almonds in my car to snack on. I'd bring a loaf of bread to go with the things you've listed (just to give the kids something that would have some carbs).

How about a lettuce rollup with meat and cheese in it? Take a large leaf of lettuce, thin slices or meat, cheese, roll it up, pop some toothpicks in and slice it up? Add whatever condiment you'd like for "glue" as well. They also have low-carb tortillas and you can do the same thing. For your teenagers, take dollar buns and make small sandwiches without the condiments in advance then you can have something heartier for them.

You can't go wrong with pinterest either. We also do a lot of make your own trail mix PRIOR to leaving on road trips. Then it's customized for the person. Everyone gets their own snack box and they fill it with their favorites. Minus items that need to be cooled. Then I try to separate them into gallon ziplock bags or containers (depending on my cooler I'm using) labeled.

Hope that helps!

I do homemade because I can't take the MSG that is loaded down in the store bought...plus it is WAY cheaper to make it yourself.

I love the lettuce roll up idea too- especially if it is hot outside.

On the road snacks?

I don't know, turtle I guess isn't too bad. The occasional snake or opossum, if you find them within a few hours, aren't too bad either.

Gotta watch out for the armadillos, they supposedly carry leprosy but I just took some Benadryl and the itching went away.

On the road snacks?

I don't know, turtle I guess isn't too bad. The occasional snake or opossum, if you find them within a few hours, aren't too bad either.

Gotta watch out for the armadillos, they supposedly carry leprosy but I just took some Benadryl and the itching went away.
:lmao:

On the road snacks?

Michael the title is SNACKS not your favorite entrees at the ROAD KILL CAFE
Paul don't encourage him

Meat and cheese roll ups.

I take deli pepperoni or mozzarella and roll them up. Or ham and whatever kind of cheese you like and roll them together.

I also pack different kinds of nuts.

Yep, no squirrel.

In honesty we take a cooler that sits in the floorboard in the back with my daughters. They use it as a table for the laptop so they can watch movies. We usually make some PB&J sandwiches, muffins, or ham and cheese crackers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter