Favorite on-site hotel

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by carrieshields, Jan 26, 2013.

1. carrieshields

carrieshields Earning My Ears

We will be visiting Universal Orlando on May 2 - 4, staying on-site for two nights. My husband and I will be traveling with our kids, 20 and 13. We have never been to Universal and are making a special stop to see Harry Potter. Which hotel is your favorite?

Thanks!! pixiedust:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pattyw

pattyw WDW- We luv u!!

We've stayed at all three on-site hotels. Just returned from The Hard Rock Hotel (stayed there 1/4-1/6), and that was our favorite!! The Royal Pacific probably our next choice. I didn't think I'd like all the "rock music" and all, but it was fine. I thought the hotel was very quiet- and we were there when the holiday crowds were still there and just starting to lessen!:)

4. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

We have only stayed at Portofino Bay, but we looked at the other 2 while there.I loved the feeling of seclusion with PBH and the theme.It is the furthest from the parks, and that is not all that far..we loved it so much we are going back this summer.You can't go wrong with any of them and you can pool hop too

5. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i have stayed at all 3.
    RPH is my home away from home.

since you have 3 adults and one child in your group, you might want to go with PBH for more space in your room.
    the rooms at pbh are more spacious than the other 2 hotels.

6. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

All 3 hotels are nice, don`t think you would be disappointed in any of them.

But, Love the RPR.

Love everything about it from the minute you walk through the door.......just everything.

Staff are wonderful, restaurants are excellent, ambience is lovely, pool is a lot of fun, proximity to the parks in all 3 are ideal.

All our stays have been the best time ever, can`t imagine staying anywhere else when we visit Orlando.

As macraven says it`s a home away from home :thumbsup2

7. dsmom

dsmom DIS Veteran

PB!!! LOVE everything about it!!

8. cocofifi

cocofifi Mouseketeer

I've only stayed at HRH and PBH, and loved them both. My personal favorite was PBH. The grounds are room were really pretty. The HRH had a more contemporary, modern vibe. PBH has an old world feel. And, of course, RPR a tropical atmosphere. I honestly think you can't go wrong with any of these hotels.

9. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

Portofino by a mile for us. Royal Pacific was fine - we enjoyed our stay there. None of us liked Hard Rock, not even my teenage daughter who had asked to stay there. We all agreed it was back to PBH next time.

10. TheAviator

TheAviator <font color=blue>I don't always live dangerously,

If money is no object I would recommend the Portofino, it is technically the nicest and the price reflects that. Very plush. For me the RP is a very close 2nd and is almost equal, I actually stay at the RP much more due to the $$ and I do prefer overall the pacific tropical theme of the RP. The Hard Rock for me is a distant 3rd. I would not ever stay there unless I absolutely had to stay on site and the other 2 were booked. I just don't like the kind of sterile theming with the Hard Rock.

11. mjohnson96

mjohnson96 DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both RPH and PBH. I loved our room at PBH, we ended up with a ground level patio and it was wonderful and the extra floor space is noticeable. We got good rates last year so that is why we tried it. This year I haven't decided, we enjoy RPH for the family aspect and with a stroller we like to just walk and it is much easier to just walk over to city walk or IOA.

It will all depend on price :) hopefully they will release June AP rates soon. If my mom comes with us we will prob go with PBH again since my parents adored that resort and they were super friendly. If not then we will head over to RPH since the price usually is a tad better.

12. carrieshields

carrieshields Earning My Ears

I'm taking everyone's advice and booked a room at Portofino Bay! I booked a bay view room. Any chance of getting a ground floor by the pool if I request it? Which tower should I ask for? Thanks!

13. dsmom

dsmom DIS Veteran

if you have bay view it will not face the pool. i would request west wing- ground floor- that way you will get a patio.

14. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

call and have your request put on your reservation.
    don't wait until you arrive to check in to make the location request.