Favorite Nonalcoholic Beverage at Trader Sams?

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
DH and I typically go to Trader Sams for a drink one night after visiting the parks. We absolutely love the fun atmosphere and realized that they do not skimp on the alcohol! However, during our trip next month, I will be 20 weeks pregnant, therefore, no alcohol for me! DH said he will have to drink double since I can't have any. :rotfl:

What nonalcoholic beverage do you recommend? I prefer something fruity. I have looked at the menu on Allears but cannot decide. Is there anything off the menu you would recommend?

Thanks for the recommendations!

All three of their non-alcoholic menu drink are fruity but in different ways. The Skipper Sipper has a nice tangy lime and mint flavor. The Jungle River Sunset's predominant flavor is OJ but with bubbles and some nice floral notes. But my fav is the Schweitzer Falls. It reminds me of a fizzy POG (passion, orange , guava) juice combo that we make when we're on vacation in Hawaii. It's good but sweet. So if you want something less sweet I would do Skipper Sipper. Off the menu, talk to the bartender. Tell him/her what you are in the mood for. They will probably take a crack at it for you. When I was pregnant second time, I had a major jones for banana-smoothies, but every pregnant lady is her own vessel of cravings so the idea of whirrled up bananas may gross you out.

Do they serve nonalcoholic drinks at Trader Sam's? I've certainly never had one.

Ooooh... I may have to go for the Schweitzer falls. At least at this point the guava sounds soooo good. And the sweeter the better!

Thanks for the descriptions!

You can always create your own concoction. A friend during her pg would always order what we called a "MOMosa" with pineapple juice and club soda. You can do virgin daiquiris, pina coladas, madras (OJ and cranberry juice), etc.

I figured they could do virgin versions of their alcoholic beverages too. We will have to see what I am in the mood for when we are there in one month! :cool1:

I have not tried any of them, but of the three non-alcoholic drinks on the Trader Sam's menu, Schweitzer Falls looks the most interesting. It is made with Sam's Gorilla Grog and Sprite. Gorilla Grog is made with passion-orange-guava juice (POG juice), pineapple juice, and falernum (spice syrup used in many tiki drinks). Rumor has it that the Disneyland Jungle Cruise skippers have created their own drink by adding rum to a Schweitzer Falls, which they call the Backside of Water!
The Jungle River Sunset is orange juice, falernum, hibiscus grenadine, and soda water, and the Skipper Sipper is almost like a virgin mojito, with lime juice, splash of Gorilla Grog, falernum, mint, and soda. They both sound pretty good, too. Why not try them all?! It's great that Sam's offers non-alcoholic options, giving everyone a special experience without having to drink alcohol. Adventurers Club offered non-alcoholic specialty drinks, and I used to love going there when I was 18 and getting a Babylonia's Brew.

Awesome information and I especially love the bolded part haha :)

I enjoyed The Jungle River Sunset it is a tropical fruit punch and can be enjoyed with or without pineapple, I prefer without only because I am not a big fan of pineapple.
There are 1600 different pictures and other items on the walls to enjoy viewing. And there is a show of thunder and lightning (Pretty certain it coincides with what drink one orders) that reminds me of the Enchanted Tiki Room. There are drinks that actually glow too! As well as fun ceramic Tiki inspired drink ware that can be purchased as part of a drink or separately. I like this place it is cool (In more ways than one) and fun.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter