Favorite Moderate Resort Pool

• Caribbean Beach

• Coronado Springs

• French Quarter

• Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.

mickeyplanner

DIS Veteran
We have a trip booked at the BCV (we are DVC members) and want to add a couple of extra days to this trip but also save some money on those extra nights by staying at a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate Resort Pool and why?

We have a trip booked at the BCV (we are DVC members) and want to add a couple of extra days to this trip but also save some money on those extra nights by staying at a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate Resort Pool and why?

We've only stayed at CBR and we loved the pool. With that said, it has been redone since our stay and the pics I've seen look great as the pirate theme is very cool, IMO :).

We have stayed at CBR, POR and POFQ and CBR is our favorite Mod resort and favorite Mod pool. We like it because it is a good size, has 2 great slides and it also has a kiddie splash area that is really nice for the little ones. Also, one of the two hot tubs is kind of hidden so it usually isn't packed with kids.

We stayed at CBR our first trip with DD when they were redoing the pool. It looked awesome during the construction phase. The only down side we for us at CBR was the internal buses. Do you think that would be a problem in May?

We stayed at CBR our first trip with DD when they were redoing the pool. It looked awesome during the construction phase. The only down side we for us at CBR was the internal buses. Do you think that would be a problem in May?

Don't all the mods have internal busses?

I think when PP referred to internal busses you got confused between busses that go to the parks and the unique to CBR bus that drives from Village to Village but doesn't ever leave CBR.

Tom

We love the pool area at CSR. The pool is huge with a fun slide and Mayan pyramid. When the pool openings in the morning, the CMs gather all of the kids to sit on the pyramid steps as they turn on the cascading water. That is pretty fun. All areas of the pool are visible from surrounding chairs, which I like. The area also has a dig site (sand for digging and excavating), a playground and an arcade plus pool bar/QS restaurant. You can refill mugs here too. In addition, there is a splash area for really little kids. Evenings there include roasting of marshmallows and movies by the pool. My kids DS12 and DD10 have been going there since they were 4 and 6 and have always loved it...still do!

I think when PP referred to internal busses you got confused between busses that go to the parks and the unique to CBR bus that drives from Village to Village but doesn't ever leave CBR.

Tom

You are right! I was just thinking that they all have multiple bus stops!

OP: we really enjoy CSR, it feels almost like a deluxe, so that would be my recommendation.

French Quarter does not have an internal bus.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;50028803]We love the pool area at CSR. The pool is huge with a fun slide and Mayan pyramid. When the pool openings in the morning, the CMs gather all of the kids to sit on the pyramid steps as they turn on the cascading water. That is pretty fun. All areas of the pool are visible from surrounding chairs, which I like. The area also has a dig site (sand for digging and excavating), a playground and an arcade plus pool bar/QS restaurant. You can refill mugs here too. In addition, there is a splash area for really little kids. Evenings there include roasting of marshmallows and movies by the pool. My kids DS12 and DD10 have been going there since they were 4 and 6 and have always loved it...still do![/QUOTE]

CSR is the only Mod we have not stayed at. Do they have an internal bus loop? You are really making this a tough choice because I did not know all that about CSR.

As far as I know there are no busses that go from one location to another on property only. You can get a preferred room near El Centro and not far from the Dig Site pool. Often CMs in golf carts will offer guests a ride, but not always. The property is large, but we have never been troubled by the size. They d now have "Business class" rooms in a desirable Casitas building and those include access to a lounge, continental breakfast, snacks, etc. Preferred rooms are in Casitas. We have only ever stayed Delux and CSR and really like CSR a lot.

I agree with several other posters. I have had the pleasure of staying at all the moderate resorts and CSR is by far our favorite!

CSR for us. Dh just asked if we could switch and stay there instead of POFQ.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;50028803]We love the pool area at CSR. The pool is huge with a fun slide and Mayan pyramid. When the pool openings in the morning, the CMs gather all of the kids to sit on the pyramid steps as they turn on the cascading water. That is pretty fun. All areas of the pool are visible from surrounding chairs, which I like. The area also has a dig site (sand for digging and excavating), a playground and an arcade plus pool bar/QS restaurant. You can refill mugs here too. In addition, there is a splash area for really little kids. Evenings there include roasting of marshmallows and movies by the pool. My kids DS12 and DD10 have been going there since they were 4 and 6 and have always loved it...still do![/QUOTE]

Our favorite as well. The slide is great for all ages, even adults and other than SAB I think the longest on property. The hot tub is the largest on property. We have never had any problem getting lounges, table/chairs at any time of day. The pool bar serves a small menu of counter service items and we've had lunch by pool without having to walk to a restaurant. Shade and sun alike. They play pool games with the kids too, and even big kids can play if like a trivia game. My kids loved it when they were young and still their favorite as adults.

The bus situation is that the bus picks up around the resort with the last stop being the main hub El Centro. So anyone wanting to go from their room to the El Centro can catch a bus. When it leaves the front it heads to the parks, so you can get on any bus coming by if you are only going to the main building. We like Ranchos which we can ride the bus to the front or walk, but we usually walk, it's not bad and the resort is beautiful. And at night stunning with all the lights bouncing off the lake. You def want to walk it at night.

Back to pools:
POR - Great theme, across the bridge from food court. Slide is fun for young children. Our issue is that even in low season we never can get seating for the family, find ourselves cramming on a couple chairs. We usually give up after once or twice and use quiet pool, so defeats one purpose of upgrading.
POFQ - Adorable theme, works great with resort, but even when my kids were young they called it the baby pool. Depends on your kids age and likes but I think for young families it is fine.
CBR - both our trips our room was located 1/2 mile from the main pool. First trip we went, it was before they renovated it and was not much. I understand it's cute now but last trip we decided we weren't going to walk that far (my kids were no longer young and excited about it) and I'm not in to getting on buses in bathing suits. So honestly room location could kill it for us no matter what the pool is like.

CSR has an amazing pool. The hot tub is huge and the slide is pretty good. Their poolside bar is also fantastic! You can also refill your mugs at the pool too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No Brainer....CSR By Far!!!! Best opening ceremony of a pool, Best overall experience, best slide of the mods, largest hot tub right near by...:thumbsup2

A couple of things on CSR, the business class rooms are located in Cabana 9B, which is close to the main building and not too far from the pool. The preferred rooms are Casitas Bldg 1, 2 and 3 which are close to El Centro, but are actually one of the farthest from the pool area. There is no dedicated bus that just loops the resort, the resort is really not that big to walk. But, if you can know the buses route around the resort you can get on a bus and take it to another bus stop within the resort, but again nothing is to far to walk. First we like all the Mod pools that we have stayed at (POR, POFQ & CSR) have not been to CBR since the pool refurb. The Mods we stayed at all have a toddler pool close to the main pool.
CSR: We will be in the minority here:) We like the pyramid and the slide is the longest of all Mods and very fun, even for the big kids (mom and dad). The pool itself is very big but to me it is a bit boring, it is really just 2 big squares together. Hardly any shady areas to sit in if you do not always want to be in the sun.

POR: We like the layout of the pool with the little island in the middle to swim around. Like that there are a lot of chairs in the shade. Muddy Rivers Pool bar is very nice.

POFQ: Our DD's like this best because of the fun atmosphere with the dragon slide, which is the shortest slide. Also has a lot of shade areas to sit.

Thank you for all the votes so far. So far CSR is winning. The more we keep reading on CSR and the fact we haven't stayed there before it really making us lean that way. Now for building requests???? :confused3

CSR - so large - never feels crowded
reason #1 - it is large - very large
reason #2 - business visitors are at their meetings, not in the pool :rotfl2:

Buildings:
Cabana - between the food court and the pool
Rancho - nice and southwest feeling, close to the pool, far walk to the food, but close to a park bus stop
Casita - convention area, feels like an apartment building with fountains

Your choice

We have stayed CBR & Riverside but hung out at the FQ pool one night by far we love CBR. I like the feel more. Maybe because I just love the beach feel I got at CBR and was just not "feeling" Riverside. I will save up longer to be able to get 2 CBR rooms before returning to Riverside. The kids liked the water slide at Riverside but love the whole pool at CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter