Favorite Moderate and why?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by JeannieKY, Apr 19, 2013.

1. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

Thank-you all for the feedback!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. JeanetteK

JeanetteK Mouseketeer

Can't say we have a preference (yet) as last year was our first trip, and tomorrow begins our second trip. We were at CSR last year and LOVED it. It's truly a beautiful resort. The walks aren't bad at all, and all staff we encountered were wonderful. We're staying at POR this year, so we will have some comparison. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews on POR.

I don't think POR or CSR would disappoint you (although I make this statement without having stayed at POR yet).

4. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

We are big CBR fans. We tried POR one year and wished we wouldn't have. We are going again this July and staying at CBR.

We love everything about CBR. The beautiful tropical colors and foliage; the white, sandy beaches with lovely hammocks; the main pirate pool and seven quiet pools in each village; and the big size of the resort.

The food court is good with a lot of options. The rooms are large with lots of storage (but, yes it does only have double size beds). The gift shop is really nice, and everyone is very friendly. The big size makes it seem like there are fewer people at CBR.

We also request Jamaica or Aruba and it is a very short walk over the bridge to the main pool and food court. The bus system has always been good for us.

Good luck on your decision and have a great vacation!

5. mdsouth

mdsouth DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both CBR and CSR. We prefer CSR. We stayed in the Cabanas and it was a short walk to the food court bus stops and the Dig site pool. The pool was the fairest but just over a little bridge. The pool is really nice and bigger than CBR so it felt less crowded.

We really liked Pepper Market amazing wonderful food for counter service credit!

We never noticed the conference people probably because we were in the Cananas. Most of the convent enters stay in the Casitas I think.

Both had a tropical theme that we liked in the rooms and outside so really no difference there. Both had white sany beaches and big hammocks. one of my favorite pictures of DD is at CSR in the hammock. Everyone talks about the hammocks and beaches at CBR but CSR has them too!

At CBR we were in Jamaica right across the bridge and little island from the pool and food court. It was a much longer walk for us to pool and food court than CSR.

We had standard rooms at both places. Bus service was about the same at both.

Enjoy your stay in whatever you choose.

6. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

My family's favorite resort is PO for the reasons mentioned by PPs. Some members like FQ better. Others like POR. With the lack of discounts at FQ, we stay at POR. However, we walk over to FQ and use the amenities there just as much. My family stayed at CSR a few years ago. We were located in the Ranchos section. It was quite a walk to the lobby. And weather was rainy. At that time, I found the bussing confusing. I understand it now. You can use the bus to get to the lobby. Without the dining plan, the food can get expensive. It does have the health club, if that is something you would use. I would like to give the resort another try, but Pepper Market is keeping us away for the reason I mentioned. As a family, we would like to give CBR a try. We usually make a trip over there to eat at the food court. My DH would like the option of all the quiet pools.

7. pilferk

pilferk <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I've stayed at all 3 (well, 4 if you consider POFQ, but that's excluded).

During the summer?

CSR. Because it's not the height of the convention season (usually), which is my only "minus" for the resort. I really like the setup, the pool, and the CS offering (though it's pricier than other CS options at other resorts).

My second choice would be POR, especially after the recent refresh (which I'm not seen "live", but I've seen a lot of pictures of). Likewise, good CS and the resort is just lush and inviting.