Favorite MK Resort for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Wonders10, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Wonders10

Wonders10 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm taking my boyfriend to WDW for a short weekend away. I thought a yummy breakfast before we head home would be nice. So out of WL, GF, CR and Poly, what restaurant would you choose? We prefer non-character meals.

TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

I would probably choose Kona Cafe. I've never tried the Wave though, and it looks interesting. :goodvibes

4. tinkermama117

tinkermama117 Mouseketeer

I second Kona Cafe at the Poly. The Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes are to die for. We also did the Wave. It was good, but Kona was better. The best part about the Wave was we didn't need a reservation and were able to just walk right up.

5. phyllis1966

phyllis1966 Something witty

The GF may be our favorite resort, but for breakfast, we love the Kona Cafe at the Poly, or the Wave at the CR. Both have great breakfast menus, and at the Wave, you can do the limited, but truly delicious, buffet if you want. I read about how good the sweet potato pancakes were, and we were not disappointed! They are also available a la carte...we love some variety with breakfast, though, so opted for the buffet, which was great.

Kona is a new favorite breakfast spot for us, too. It's never crowded (shhh!), and the more tropical choices make it a nice change of pace.

:sunny:

6. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice RIP, Max!

The breakfast we had at 1900 Park Fare in June was fantastic. Yes, it's characters, but the buffet food itself was excellent and includes an omelet bar. The atmosphere in the Grand Floridian is grand and such a nice place to be on a sunny morning. :sunny:

7. NYPrincess422

NYPrincess422 Mouseketeer

Another vote for Kona Cafe ~ its our must when ever we visit MK. :goodvibes

8. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

The Wave has a good looking buffet.

9. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

If you didn't want characters I would recommend Kona Cafe. However, if you are willing to go to a character breakfast I would highly recommend 1900 Park Fare at GF. The food is delicious and there are tons of choices since it is a buffet.

10. CajunMomof3

CajunMomof3 DIS Veteran

Kona Cafe!! The Tonga Toast and Somoan are phenomenal!!

11. dwfanatic

dwfanatic DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepseagreen>Proud momm

I realize that it is not on your list, but we love Boma at the AKL. It's a must do breakfast every trip!

12. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Another vote for Kona Cafe. The pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are delicious. For a big eater or enough to share the Big Kahuna is another great choice.

13. amandaC

amandaC DIS Veteran

Yet another vote for Kona!

14. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

Kona Cafe! Yum! We do it almost every trip...once for breakfast, once for lunch! But I have to say ya'll have me curious about 1900 PF. We're not character people either....but something new might be fun!

15. MarkF0wle

MarkF0wle "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

If you're willing to jump the boat over to Fort Wilderness; I just adore the buffet at Trail's End. It's always quiet; relaxed but has a really decent selection of foods.

16. wiserabbit

wiserabbit Mouseketeer

We love the GF Cafe for breakfast - it's light and airy decor - you can see the lovely grounds of the GF - breakfast food has always been great - and the Grand Mimosa YUMMY - :woohoo:

Second choice is Kona Cafe - never tried the tonga toast though - but if great coffee is your thing - Kona is THE place in the morning....:thumbsup2