Favorite/Least Favorite Meals

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nosnits, Jan 20, 2013.

1. nosnits

nosnits Earning My Ears

I have been drooling over the thread that has pictures of the meals served. They all look so good! I often go for the same type of meals when we go out to dinner but am gearing myself up to put myself out there and try some new things when we are on the cruise since I heard you can order something else if you don't like it.

I was wondering what everyone's favorites and least favorites were? What are you dreaming about having when you board your next cruise? I know everyone's tastes are different but I would love to hear about the enjoyments and disappointments that others have experienced. Plus I haven't eaten yet today and food is all I can think about so why not read about it too. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

My favorite meal on the Dream was potato leek soup, beef tenderloin and the chocolate decadence dessert from the "see ya real soon" menu. I loved the french onion soup, beef tenderloin with lobster, grandmarnier souffle, creme brulee in RP. In EG I really enjoyed the asparagus and crab soup and lobster ravilol. AP was my least favorite MDR but I did like the crunchy walnut cake. :goodvibes

Least favorite meal had to be the pirate night menu. Was really really looking forward to it but was disappointed.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Fantasy Favorite: Remy

Least Favorite: Pirate menu

5. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

Crispy Duck! Well prepared duck is amazing. It is served in Lumiere's/Triton's.

6. SoMosMom

SoMosMom Earning My Ears

Favorites: Oh, so many... too many to name... the lobster was great, the desserts, the goat cheese and potato appetizer (I held some back to go with the beef I ordered for dinner - yum!). Oh, and I think I ate my weight in salmon on the breakfast buffet with a 1/2 bagel and cream cheese every morning. Palo had a yummy selection of cheeses on the brunch buffet (everything else was good there too)... oh so so many yummy eats!!

Worst Food: Parrot Cay - some kind of Jamaican spice and overcooked/dry meat. Most of our plates went back with lots of food on them.
    I was also disappointed in general with all of the Ahi Tuna dishes I ordered - whether appetizer or main course. I requested some wasabi and they brought it right away but it didn't help much. Something about it just didn't seem right. The salmon made up for though and there were certainly plenty of other things to choose from.

7. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Favorite: the popcorn soup. OMG. I tried to explain that to my brother. He was like "wait why was it so good?" I couldn't explain it. I like the scallops with fava bean risotto I had in Enchanted Garden. I really enjoyed everything at Palo's brunch. At Animator's Palette the last night there was a pasta dish with sea food. I normally don't order pasta out because... frankly I can make pasta. Plus this had clams, which I don't eat. My dad ate the clams for me because I wanted to try it. So good! The escargot was yummy. So was the wild boar with latkes.

Least favorite? "The Beauty and the Beast" soup wasn't my favorite. I thought it was a baked potato soup. It had lentils in it. And I didn't like the pirate's menu. I was excited about it and then... eh.