Favorite Guilty Pleasure on DCL

Inside Cove Cafe they have a bakery case filled with treats. In the morning they have morning type pastries, and delicious sticky buns.
Then in the afternoon they have cakes and cookies.
Around 5pm, I believe they put more appetizer food in, like cheese and olives and such.
Its all free, only the beverages are purchased.
We discovered the snacks at Cove Cafe on our last cruise and it became a favorite later afternoon treat to fix a small plate of snacks and sit on the deck to people watch. We had late dining, so a small afternoon snack really hit the spot and kept everyone from having a meltdown before dinner.

My guilty pleasure is the plates of Parmesan they put out in Cafe Cove in the evening time. Sometimes I have so much, I can barely eat my dinner. Is that bad?

I love drinking POG juice every morning at Cabanas!! Can't get enough of it!

That is a good one! When we were on the Fantasy in Sept, there was only one drink machine that had the POG juice. We always tried to get a table near it!

I love drinking POG juice every morning at Cabanas!! Can't get enough of it!

That is a new one for me. What is POG juice?

Back in the good old days you could take some POG juice (passion fruit, orange and guava) back to your room and throw some rum it!

POG is not available at every drink station in Cabanas - you have to look for it.

DW
Butternut Squash soup in AP
Me
Ribeye steaks on the grill at CC-SB

The butternut squash soup along with the bake potato a PP mentioned was my nightly guilty indulgence virtually every night as my appetizer (I believe there was one night one was not available). I asked for both the first night at AP (and a table conversation of how could one choose between as I had previously enjoyed both) and magically I had them appear the next nights regardless of whether on the menu where we were.

My guilty pleasure since my first cruise is the cocktail called a Caipirinha with passion fruit puree instead of simple syrup. I've been known to order them at the earliest convenient time (when I can get to the 13th floor bar). The strange thing is after our first trip in 2012, I bought all the makings and made myself one. I still have 2/3rds of a bottle of cachaca nearly four years later, so it must be something about being on the ship. The good news is that I don't seem to have a caipirinha problem, on land at least.

The Pasta Purseittes in Animators
Brunch at Palo is a must.
Breakfast and lunch at Cabanas (Dream and Fantasy)
Midship Detective Agency on the Dream and Fantasy
Rainforest Room on the Dream and Fantasy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter