Favorite Guilty Pleasure on DCL

Sleeping in. I know it sounds crazy to spend my vacation doing so much sleeping, but I get such quality sleep on the ship. The total lack of allergens, coupled with the amazing mattress and the gentle/barely rocking of the ship and I wake up so refreshed and I can BREATHE. Glorious.

That sure is good sleep! Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep I'll very slowly turn my head from side to side, like the ocean is rocking me to sleep. Works every time :)

Oh, those hash browns!!!!

I love the chicken parm at Palo, the fresh hot cinnamon pretzels at the pizza place on deck, the konk kooler on CC.......there's so much. :love:
Are the hash browns at the buffet or just the sit down?

Creme Brulee... and more than once. ;) I also like the scallops, only time of the year I eat them for some odd reason.

Hot stone massage - pricey, but a little slice of heaven!
+1 on the stone message, so expensive but so nice. The couple's message on CC Serenity Bay is even guiltier

The Bon Voyage drinks and having fun at the sail away party.
Having lunch not at the buffet, but in the restaurant
Desserts!!
Afternoon treats in the cove cafe
Watching sports or movies at night on the funnel vision eating a pretzel or pizza
Buying my mom a massage - I know she really enjoys this
Sitting on the balcony
Always renting bikes at Castaway Cay
Enjoying the fireworks at Pirate Night (or soon the Star Wars Day at Sea)
Watching 3D movies

:):):)
Your entire post made me get misty eyed. That's exactly how we feel about Disney cruises. I just don't know that any other cruise line could invoke the emotion from me that Disney does. I cry every time the horn blows, during the "See ya real soon", and especially when walking off the ship. I call the door you board through the "happy and sad door" because it's the happiest place in the world when you embark and the saddest place when you disembark.

Your comment about the "happy and sad door " had my dh and I cracking up. We always say, " look at those sad people getting off the ship" while we are in line to get on the ship, then we always comment how we are the happy people but we will be sad like them in a week. :):guilty: The saddest was watching the ship sail away without me after our Alaska cruise..
I too am grateful I can afford to do this.

Last edited:
Another vote for Skyline, Stiletto Manhattan and Pearl were our favorites

And an 11pm bratwurst sandwich from Tow Mater's grill

Exactly. I picked out some treats from the Filipino grocery store near us and then I carried them around the ship on a sea day until I saw someone with a name tag that said Philippines. :)

We live in a very multicultural city, so these things are easy for us to get our hands on, but not easy to find in the ports that DCL stops in (and many staff don't get shore time anyway.) The server we surprised could not believe that we brought her Polvoron from Canada! I might bring treats from a few different countries next time; there are so many nationalities on board..

FWIW, a lot of the crew from the Philippines will go to European Crew Corner on Merritt Island if they have the time while in port, since a lot of the food they make there is Filipino (There's a lot of Eastern European food too, so a lot of the crew will go there for that as well). They also have a store next door that sells a lot of international goodies, etc.

We are sitting at our dinner table right now going over this and we've decided the following are our guilty pleasures:

Me: Disconnecting from the real world.
DS1: breakfast! (All you can eat bacon!)
Both kids: the bunk beds
DW: quiet cove time and the cove cafe drinks
DS2: the specially made pancake at dinner every night

Being treated like royalty by our room steward and wait staff.

Palo!

Ice cream ALL THE TIME (apparently DW didn't have as much as the boys and I)

*I wonder how mad my wife would be if we booked a cruise this moment*

Shwarma.

Soft serve ice cream.

Mini eclairs from Cove Cafe (worse than peanuts - you can't have just one, or two or five).

Tacos in the middle of the day.

Champagne on the verandah as we leave port (arranged to be in stateroom when we arrive) along with a slice of pizza grabbed from on deck after the deck party.

Mint mocha latte from Cove Cafe at 11 am.

Iced champagne (on the Dream) with a twist of lemon peel. At all times of the day. As frequently as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter