Favorite Entertainment Book Restaurants?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by gyver65, Jun 18, 2003.

1. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

I purchased an "Entertainment Book" for Orlando and I only have 4 days in July to use it since we will only be there for 3 nights. So I would like to get some recommendations of favorite restaurants found in the book.

I looked through the book and picked some that sounded good.
    Any suggestions on these are very welcome:

Arthur's 27

Baskervilles

International Lighthouse Lobsterfeast

Jungle Jim's

Larry's Cedar River Seafood

Ocean Grill

The Official Allstar Cafe

The Outback Restaurant (Not the chain) in Wyndham Palace

Watercress Cafe in Wyndham Palace

Wings, Etc. Restaurant & Pub

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LOVETHATMOUSE

LOVETHATMOUSE DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from

We used the entertainment card (the one from NY) for the character breakfast at Grovesnors Hotel in DTD (Baskervilles) It was a nice buffet and Goofy/Pluto were dressed as Sherlock Holmes/Watson. They only do the breakfast 3 mornings so check the days, but we had an overnight stay and it so happenned the breakfast was the morning we were there - Great luck for us! You can also use it for their dinner buffet they told me.

Where else can you get a character breakfast for buy one/get one free?

4. Disneyworldfan_In_CT

Disneyworldfan_In_CT Earning My Ears

Hi gyver65

Well it's your lucky day :-) I too have the Orlando book and have been to everyone of the restaurants :-) Here's my two cents...

Arthur's 27: Very Romatic, but expensive even with the card.

Baskervilles: AWESOME!!! Ask for Ivan as your waiter, he's great! Tell him Tom from Connecticut suggested him. He has been great to our family every single time!

International Lighthouse Lobsterfeast: Average at best. The Boston Lobster Feast is far superior, but unfortunately not in the book, but well worth the money.

Jungle Jim's: OUTSTANDING!!! Great food for a great value!

Larry's Cedar River Seafood: Good.

Ocean Grill: Average.

The Official Allstar Cafe: Very good and be sure to see the Disney complex too while you're there. If your nice, they'll let you look around ;-)

The Outback Restaurant (Not the chain) in Wyndham Palace: Incredible! A wee bit expensive, but the best steaks in Orlando.

Watercress Cafe in Wyndham Palace: A basic cafe (sandwiches, etc.) Good for breakfast if you are staying there.

Wings, Etc. Restaurant & Pub;) ;) ;) : Yummy wings and Yummy pints ;-)

Hope this helps...

Take care...

Tom

5. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

Thanks guys for the wonderful advise. I will make sure I make it to Baskervilles and hopefully Ivan will be there.

I know that the coupon says that it is good for lunch or dinner. I was wondering if it is also good for the character breakfast also.

Thanks,
    Bobby

6. LOVETHATMOUSE

[Thanks guys for the wonderful advise. I will make sure I make it to Baskervilles and hopefully Ivan will be there.

I know that the coupon says that it is good for lunch or dinner. I was wondering if it is also good for the character breakfast also.]

As I said before, it is good for the character breakfast - we did it in April. Had eggs, pancakes, fruit, crepes, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt etc, etc, etc..... Like the one they have at Chef Mickeys (but no mickey waffles, only regular ones). They even had a separate pushcart for kids too. Definitely worth using the coupon. We would go back in December with the new ent. book, but we are staying at HIFS and they give you free buffet breakfast every morning.

7. KittenLittle

KittenLittle <font color=FF66FF>Minds her manners! ;)

I wonder if the coupon is good for the character breakfast at the Wyndham Palace? It also just says lunch or dinner on the coupon. Does anyone know about this??

8. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

I am also wondering if the Watercress Cafe which is located in the Wyndham Palce offers the entertainment coupon for the character breakfast on Sundays. The coupon specifically states one free lunch or dinner with the purchase of another of equal value.

I also would like to thank lovethatmouse for clarifying the character breakfast at Grovsners that it does offer the entertainment coupon for the character breakfast. I originally misread you first message.

Thanks,
    Bobby

9. LOVETHATMOUSE

No Problem! I'd like to know about the Watercress Cafe also. Kind of nice to have a character breakfast and then walk across to DTD for a day of shopping like we did :) from the Grosvenor.

10. Cindy'sCastle

Cindy'sCastle DIS Veteran

Hi LoveThatMouse,
    I seen that you mentioned staying at the Grosvenor Resort. Did you like the hotel? We have reservations for July, staying there for 6 nights. I thought it looked like a nice hotel but on another thread some people were saying really bad things about their stay. Now it's gotten me worried. Can you tell me anything about the hotel? Thank!!! :confused: :(

11. ziggy14

ziggy14 Mouseketeer

I justed called the Watercress Cafe in the Wyndham Palce and they said they do accept the entertainment coupon for the character breakfast. Looking forward to using my coupons next month.

12. Local_Girl

Local_Girl DIS Veteran

Does anyone know which characters appear for the breakfast at the Watercress Cafe in the Wyndham Palace?

13. Local_Girl

Local_Girl DIS Veteran

I just looked up the info on the Wyndham website. It says the characters that appear at the Watercress Cafe on Sundays are Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy.

14. LOVETHATMOUSE

Cindy'sCastle - We only stayed there one night. Drove down (or up?)from WBP and treated the folks to an overnight to Disney. The hotel was very nice. Beautiful lobby. We had a Disney Deluxe Tower Room and it was nice sized, clean, and even had a small fridge in it. The lobby has a little "market/cafe" in it and we got the chili after a full day in MK and it was delicious. We got up in the am and went to the character breakfast in Baskervilles with the coupons and enjoyed it. Never used the pool b/c of time limits we had. We were going to stay there this Dec. for 3 days before our cruise, but got too good of a deal from Ent. Book. to pass up on. They have a nice kids club that we spoke with some guests about. Never used their transportation, but heard no complaints from the people we met. We will defintely stay there again sometime. You should have a nice stay.

15. Cindy'sCastle

Cindy'sCastle DIS Veteran

Thanks LoveThatMouse....it makes me feel much better. My husband told me to quit worrying since we're only there to sleep and will be gone most of the day. But since it's his first time going I didn't want the hotel experience to be a bad one. It's good to hear something positive about the hotel. We are also staying in a Tower Room, and are suppose to get one with the Disney view. I figured you can't beat the internet deal for the rebate they are running right now. Thanks for the info. :D

16. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

I just called "Baskervilles" and according to the automated message, they have character breakfasts on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays between 8:30 am and 10:30 am.

Adults: $12.95

Children (ages 4-9): $5.95

I guess that's not too bad if you use the entertainment coupon as long as kids over the age of 9 eat their money's worth (or at least eat something).

So I guess we will try Baskervilles on Saturday and Watercress Cafe' on Sunday since we will only be there from Thursday through Sunday.

Bobby

17. KittenLittle

KittenLittle <font color=FF66FF>Minds her manners! ;)

Ziggy14-thank you for the info!!:bounce:

18. LOVETHATMOUSE

Just a little note - you can do the character breakfast at Baskervilles and not eat the buffet. They had a regular menu that you could order off of for less money for those who don't overindulge on buffets. You still got the character interaction, but if you just wanted to spend $5 on eggs, you had that choice too.

19. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

I'm glad that they offer more than just the buffet during the character breafast at Baskervilles and Watercress since most kids do not eat that much anyway.

If two adults get the buffet and three kids get something less expensive does the entertainment coupon work for one of the buffets or does it discount the lowest price item?

Thanks,
    Bobby

20. LOVETHATMOUSE

Our party of 4 all had the buffet - 3 adults and 1 child. When the bill came, the waitress had deducted one of the adult meals. Don't know if that is the policy, or she was just nice and let us save more money.

21. gyver65

gyver65 Earning My Ears

Larry's Cedar River Seafood?

Tom replied to my original post that listed restaurants from the "Entertainment Book" that I was considering. He mentioned that Larry's Cedar River Seafood was good. Has anyone else eaten there? If so I would love to hear opinions.

Thanks,
    Bobby