Favorite dining rotation on the Fantasy?

MeggyK

Mouseketeer
Any preference on a 7 night Fantasy cruise? First time cruiser and unsure of what rotation to ask my TA to request. I know that it will only be a request with nothing guaranteed, but if people have a favorite rotation, I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Thanks!

Eastern or Western slight differences,

We like to hit Royal Court on the Sunday for formal night.

If doing Remy or Palo dinner do not miss the two Animators palette shows.

I have personally never understood requesting a certain dining rotation. On the Fantasy, I think that all the dining rooms are beautiful and I wouldn't mind formal night in any of them. On our first cruise (Wonder) I would have felt a little odd dressed up at Parrot Cay as that was more informal, but they have changed that restaurant now.

If you have Palo/Remy reservations, that could be why you are looking to request a certain rotation, but in any of the rotations you will be in all the restaurants twice (and one three times!). I agree with PP who states that if you will be at Remy/Palo to try to see both Animator's shows (if you haven't seen them before).

For me, the rotation is one of the few "unknowns" about our DCL vacation so we just go with it! :cool1:

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

We've never felt the need to request a particular dining rotation and we've sailed 9 times so far. We're always happy with whatever we get and it wouldn't make or break the cruise for us in the least.

To the OP's basic question - we don't believe that one rotation is better than the others. Go with what you get.

Thank you for the replies.

More details - we are doing the eastern route in March with my children. We want to have dinner at Remy. I have tentatively scheduled one, but I assume we may have to change it.
We won't leave our kid in the club on the first night, don't want to miss either Animators Palate dinner, and want to stay with the kids for pirate night.

I'm a veteran WDW traveller who is used to having my ADRs locked down at 180 + 10 days, so adjusting to the more laid back pace of a cruise is throwing me for a loop. :sail:

Thank you for the replies.

More details - we are doing the eastern route in March with my children. We want to have dinner at Remy. I have tentatively scheduled one, but I assume we may have to change it.
We won't leave our kid in the club on the first night, don't want to miss either Animators Palate dinner, and want to stay with the kids for pirate night.

I'm a veteran WDW traveller who is used to having my ADRs locked down at 180 + 10 days, so adjusting to the more laid back pace of a cruise is throwing me for a loop. :sail:

I would check for recent Navigators to try to determine when Pirate Night will be so you can avoid that date. Would you consider a late reservation at Remy so that you can still go to dinner with your kids if it happens to fall on Animator's night? You can go with your child but not actually eat with him that way you won't miss the show.

Once you board and get your rotation, you can always try to change it then if it conflicts with Remy.

I know how you feel about changing your mindset from WDW with ADRs all set 6 months in advance...but you will love the cruise and all the relaxation that comes with it (and less stressing about where to eat on what night hopefully!)

I have determined when pirates night is and avoided that day. I would love to do a late dinner, but don't think the kids would love to be in the kid's club until late at night.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the day we've chosen will work. If not I'll try to adjust it. We have our Palo brunch reserved, so at least I know that I'll have one adult meal. :)

We were on the Nov 30th Fantasy, Eastern, and I requested AERAERA but didn't get it. We ended up with RAERAER and ended up loving that rotation. I did try to switch rotations after we boarded but was unsuccessful and now I am so glad I was (unsuccessful). Pirate night should be on Wednesday night for you, if that helps.

We've never felt the need to request a particular dining rotation and we've sailed 9 times so far. We're always happy with whatever we get and it wouldn't make or break the cruise for us in the least.

To the OP's basic question - we don't believe that one rotation is better than the others. Go with what you get.

Totally Agree... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But that being said, we do Remy & or Palo either the 1st night (not possible for the OP) or Pirate night, just not our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter