favorite desserts?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by artofanimation, Jan 11, 2013.

1. artofanimation

artofanimation Earning My Ears

hi there! i'll be heading to disney world in almost exactly a week and i'm determined to try as many sweet treats as possible, but unfortunately, due to my company, i'm limited to just what i can get in the parks. shame, because i've heard so many good things about desserts at the poly. :confused3

this is only my second visit, so hit me with all your favorite desserts, classics or not, since odds are i've never had it! :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

There are plenty of good ones, but I can tell you one to avoid at all costs (IMO): the jalapeno cheescake at WCC. It's a perfect example of a chef getting a little too creative for his/her own good and ruining a dessert.. Yech.

4. TwoCortWort

TwoCortWort A Buckeye Disney Princess

The peanut butter cookies were my favorite this past time. The one at Hollywood Studios had butterfinger in it the other had peanut butter cups. So good. :)

5. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

DHS- Carrot cake cookie!!!! AMAZING You must try!
    MK- Storybook treats in Fantasyland Next to poo ride on right ,Dole whip in Adventureland
    DAK- Choc frozen banana
    Epcot- salted milk ch caramel

Ohanana bread pudding OMGGGGGGG!

I'm a sucker for sweets too

6. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

My fave from our Sept trip were the sugar crystal coated, red velvet cake pops! Omgg! Amazing!! You can get them at Goofy's, Main St. Confectionary, and Big Top Souvenirs. Other places too I'm sure.

7. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Dole Whip and Citrus Swirl in the MK. Key lime pie from Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT.

8. CraigInPA

CraigInPA Since June 1974

The white chocolate mousse with berries at San Angel Inn, the funnel cake at the american pavilion in Epcot, and most anything at LeBoulangerie and the Kringla bakery.

9. Mariannekay

Mariannekay Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same a

So many goodies! Where to begin...
    My MK favs are the Strawberry Shortcake sundae from Storybook Treats and the Pistachio creme brûlée from Tony's.

Epcot favs: Caramel ginger ice cream from the Lotus Blossom, Sticky Toffee pudding from Rose & Crown, and pretty much ANYTHING from Boulangerie Patisserie in France.

DHS fav: Red Velvet or Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls...OMG sooo good, but very sweet!

Favorite WDW dessert overall would have to be the bread pudding and ice cream at 'Ohana. It is fantastic!

10. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

DHS-Starring Rolls butterfinger cupcake
    MK-Pineapple Dole whip float
    Epcot-kaki gori from Japan, anything from France, school bread Norway, caramel corn from Wether's (Germany), American Dream (America)
    Several places (Main Street in MK, Goofy's in DTD, etc.)-Minnie Mouse chocolate/caramel apple; Mickey Mouse ice cream bars

(Poly-Ohana bread pudding)

The things that I really dream about are the Minni Mouse chocolate caramel apple and the Dole Whips. Everything else is good, but I can find acceptable alternatives at home.

11. WIDisneyFan

WIDisneyFan DIS Veteran

if you are looking for a good one outside of the park try the cupcakes at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort - the chocolate peanut butter ones are AMAZING

12. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

x2 on Ohana bread pudding, Choc frozen banana, and Dole whip! ALWAYS musts for me. :thumbsup2

13. jwdwi

jwdwi Earning My Ears

Anything in the new BOG restaurant. I had the strawberry cupcake, it was fantastic!

14. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

EPCOT
    French Patisserie/Boulangerie now called Les Halles
    Napoleons, Eclairs, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Tart, Chocolate Mousse
    Kringla Bakery
    Rice Creme, School Bread
    Rose & Crown
    Sticky Toffee pudding
    Via Napoli
    Zeppole di Ricotta (huge, great to share)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
    Ragland's
    The bread pudding is the best I've ever had!
    Girardelli's
    Just about anything!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    By POTC
    Dole Whip

Never been a cake or cupcake fan!

15. marshallsmommy

marshallsmommy Mouseketeer

White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake from Kusafari Bakery in AK soooo good!

16. 2012DisneyWorldBride

2012DisneyWorldBride <font color=royalblue>I was a Disney Bride on 12.8

The chocolate wave at Coral Reef and the rice crispie covered in chocolate and coconut at Goofy's Candy Company. Mmmmmmmm!!!!

17. artofanimation

artofanimation Earning My Ears

thank you guys for all of your input! i'll definitely have to make a list of things to try, but i have no idea how i'm going to narrow it down when it all sounds so delicious...!

18. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

If you like caramel, there's a snack shop at Germany in Epcot that has a large variety of options. We loved everything we tried there. Brings caramel to a whole other level. YUM!!!

The ice cream shop at Epcot and MK has a GIANT ice cream cookie sandwich. You can choose the flavor of ice cream you want and it's sandwiched between two ENORMOUS round chocolate chip cookies. Truly, Ginormous!!!

At the French bakery in Epcot, they have a yummy strawberry tart. Love!

My favorite dessert of all is the Zeppole Ricotta at Via Napoli. Oh.My.Goodnes. Total bliss!

The cupcakes at Starring Rolls at DHS are pretty yummy. They're very rich.

The desserts vary (what they offer from day to day) at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. The turtle cheesecake is a nice treat.

19. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ Mouseketeer

Liberty Tree Taverns Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I still crave it ..... If memory serves, they only have it at lunch, so keep that in mind.....

20. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

21. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

There are so many yummy desserts...

Magic Kingdom
    Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch only) - the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake
    [​IMG]

For snacks (i.e., not served at a sit down restaurant), the Dole Whip Float is one of my favorites. I like the pineapple juice with pineapple Dole Whip version (left in photo). (The rootbeer float is also good.)
    [​IMG]

Epcot - this park has so many good options
    Rose & Crown - both the Sticky Toffee Pudding (lower left) and the no-sugar added fruit trifle (top) are really good
    [​IMG]

Les Chefs de France - Profiteroles
    [​IMG]

Via Napoli - Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni - Vanilla gelato with Amarena cherry sundae
    [​IMG]

For non-restaurant items, there are lots of good items at the Kringla (Norway) bakery. I also liked the Patisserie, which recently re-opened, so I'm looking forward to trying the new items there. These were some of the items from the Patisserie.
    [​IMG]

Animal Kingdom
    Kusafari Bakery - Zebra Cupcake - this isn't a dessert from a table service location, but the bakery's cupcake is really good. The white elephant is also really good (if you like coconut)
    [​IMG]

Hollywood Studio
    Hollywood Brown Derby - Chocolate Three Ways - chocolate ganache, chocolate mousse, and chocolate cream
    [​IMG]

For "snacks" - Starring Rolls has lots of good cupcakes. The chocolate peanut butter and/or butterfinger cupcakes are both really good.