favorite dessert at palos

I think a lot of people here will say chocolate souffle. Even your server will recommend you order that and then another dessert. My husband prefers fruity desserts so we chose something fruity, but I forget what it was.

Loved the tiramisou and the panna cotta. The panna cotta was recommended by our server and was outstanding!

Chocolate souffle and tiramisou, those were my two favorites.

I was naughty and had some of each on the same night.

Not too naughty, though, shade with others. :p

Definately the chocolate souffle!

I went with the panna cotta last time and was NOT disappointed. We had the pistaschio dessert one time and I didn't like it --it was very dry.

Our table shared the souffle, the panna cotta, the tiramisu and the pistachio/berry tart. I didn't like the souffle at all but loved the other three.

Originally posted by Michelemouse
I didn't like the souffle at all but loved the other three.

*phew*

Thought I was the only one... *grin*

You know what, we had every single dessert they offer, and I can't remember which one I liked the best!! :confused: I only remember that I did NOT like the souffle...

We ordered that, and then our server asked if we wanted to sample any other desserts. We said yes, and next thing you know, she brought one of every single one over...

*looks around embarassed*

*whispers*

and we ate them...all.... :eek:

:teeth:

We haven't dined at Palo for dinner yet (are going to do that in May!:hyper: ), but did the brunch.

My favorite dessert at the brunch was the stollen w/the jam, berries and fresh whipped cream. I kept going back for that! (They ran out:( )

I can't wait to try the chocolate souffle!:Pinkbounc :tongue:

Without a doubt.....the Chocolate Souffle' .... Andy

Brunch @ Palo and the Lemon Merangue Pie. It's not like any Lemon merangue pie you've ever had. Also liked the fruit pizza.:tongue:

Originally posted by Mickeyhugger

My favorite dessert at the brunch was the stollen w/the jam, berries and fresh whipped cream.

This was, by far, the best thing I had to eat all week on the ship. The fresh, whole berries were amazing and the taste of all the ingredients together was to-die-for! I am salivating just thinking about it and I hope it is still offered when we go this October.

At dinner - the souffle' for me, DH like the tiramisu

At brunch - lemon meringue pie and the stollen bread (does anyone have the recipe for this - it was amazing and the berries were teriffic

Denae

We thought the Chocolate Souffle was just so-so... It was not chocolately or sweet enough, even with the sauces!!! Now, I just recently had the promotional Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake with fresh Breyers vanilla bean ice cream, at Cracker Barrel... for all you chocolate lovers, there is only one word for it... DECADENT!

At Palo we LOVED the cream custard with fresh berries (forget the name of it) It was just delightful!!! Delicious!! As one poster said, their fresh berries are wonderful, and that custard was so light and sweet... Just perfect!

And, another food hit for newbie cruisers... The banana bread at Parrot Cay is do die for! We should have asked our servers to bring more!

What is panna cotta?

I love tiramisu and thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate souffle!

After being a little disappointed at some of the desserts in the dining rooms, I was *thrilled* with all Palo offered!

--CC

Panna cotta is a type of custard. It was absolutely delicious. If I remember correctly (and there were sooooo many desserts on our table it's hard to separate one from another :D ) it was served with fresh berries.

Okay. Don't everybody fall over:faint: , or roll your eyes:rolleyes: , but I'm going to try every dessert mentioned that I haven't tried yet!

You all have made it impossible for me to narrow it down to one!::yes::

Our server recommended we try the souffle with the panna cotta as a finish and it was absolutely perfect. The heavy chocolate followed by the cleansing taste and lightness of the panna cotta and fresh berries made for a great combination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter