Favorite deck...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kapoof, Oct 5, 2013.

1. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Just wondering what is your favorite deck to book a room and why?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cpeters

cpeters Earning My Ears

On the Magic Deck 6 and Deck 7 on the Fantasy. Reason being this is near the mid level of the ship's. We also try to get near the mid level elevator so we are as close to middle both ways as we can. Not sure if that helps with the motion or not, but we have not had any problems with sea sickness.

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I like Deck 2 on all the ships.....hardly any motion, convenient to everything onboard. Everything is easily walkable except the pool deck which is a quick elevator ride away. So easy to get back to your room after a day in port.

MJ

5. ariel fans

ariel fans Mouseketeer

Love deck 5 and extended veranda.

6. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

Any room on the ship is better than being NOT on the ship! :)

That being said, we love deck 8 on the Dream and Fantasy, between forward and mid elevators (8556 ish).

And, deck 7 on the Magic (never been on the Wonder), aft, as there is a "hidden deck" all the way back. We love that!

7. silkie8

silkie8 Mouseketeer

I haven't even cruised yet, but I hope my answer will be Deck 5.....we booked stateroom 5650 with the extended verandah.

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

On the Magic it's deck 1. We've only ever sailed on the Wonder (decks 5 and 7) and the Magic (deck 1). We were in 1079 for 21 days this summer and it was perfect. The motion is gentle down there.

For us, we only used the stairs. We had our 8 year old daughters with us and were going to be onboard for so long that we didn't want to gain weight. So no elevators for us. We went up and down so much it was amazing. But we also ate whatever we wanted and managed to still fit into our clothes at the end of the trip.

We are hoping to take a trip next year and have reserved the same room. We were right by the doors to the crew area, so it was blissfully quiet there. Actually, that's not entirely true. It was blissfully quiet on the EBTA, but on the Med we had the most obnoxious family across from us with horribly loud children running up and down the halls at all hours while yelling. But we figure that could happen anywhere on hte boat.

We did talk to others who said that being on that level made getting an elevator easy.

9. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

Deck 2 on the Fantasy/Dream for the same reasons MJ lists!

Sayhello

10. minniemouse1

minniemouse1 Member of the Grand Slam Club!

deck 5 on the magic/wonder when you have little ones. We loved that the location was so close to the kids clubs and that there were only a few rooms in the hallway.

11. disneymagic316

disneymagic316 <font color=peach>DVC Owner since 2000<br><font co

Deck 5 on the Magic and Wonder. Deck 7 on the Fantasy. We like being in the middle of the ship We also book staterooms either mid ship or slightly aft. I feel less motion than being forward.

12. Ginger Renae

Ginger Renae Mouseketeer

We were in 5150 on our last trip and have 5650 for the next one. I loved the huge veranda and took a nap out there every sea day. It was fabulous!

13. SZ2016

SZ2016 Mouseketeer

On the Magic and Wonder deck 7 midship in a 5A because they are more stable and quiet. We hadn't explored any other stateroom areas on our 2012 Magic cruise but this last time on the Wonder we did while delivering FEs and felt the lower decks were very loud and when either aft or forward we could barely walk down the halls due to the motion.

14. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

We just stayed on deck 5 aft on the wonder and loved it! It's a short hallway, so never a far walk from elevator/stairs, and not much traffic! Also I just hate how narrow the room-only decks are, and there was only short hallways of narrowness on deck 5! Previously we were on deck 7 midship and waited FOREVER for elevators

15. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Except for concierge, deck 7 is our deck of choice on all 4 ships. We like to use the stairs & find deck 7 has quick access to the pools going up & easy access to shopping going down. We usually try to be forward, because when we do use the elevators they seem less crowded than ones mid ship. :)

16. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Deck 2 for us ... Love the proximity to the atrium, GS, shops and restaurants.

17. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

Deck 1 all the way for us. Quiet, quiet, quiet with almost no foot traffic in the hallway. We also thought there was far less noticeable movement when we were in our cabin than there was when we were on the higher decks.

18. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Another Deck 2 Dweller.

On the classic ships ...
    Hallway runs the length of the ship. Use that to get to Forward, Mid or Aft and then "pop" up to where you are going. 1 floor up to two of the restaurants and 2 up to Animators. 1 floor up is Beat Street (formerly) / Route 66. Lots of stairs to get up to the pool deck. WBPC cruise (14 nights - NO weight gain)

On the New Ships
    Very quiet and private. Easy access for breakfast in Enchanted Garden. Lots of stairs up to the pool decks - chant with me as we climb: Eat More Deserts, Eat More Deserts ...

19. Phil'sFrontier

Phil'sFrontier DIS Veteran

on our first and only cruise in 2012 we stayed on deck 8 (8554 iirc) and that was nice. kind of right in the middle. I could take the stairs no problem most of the time(32 y/o male).
    Also had amazing views of Castaway from our balcony.

20. GrumpyBelle

GrumpyBelle DIS Veteran

Deck 7 on all ships. Seems pretty centrally located.

21. Happy100

Happy100 DIS Veteran

Deck 7 on any of the ships too. However Aft is best because the elevators are easier to get onto. :thumbsup2