Favorite Counter Service Restaurants in WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tomigirl484, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I do like the Mara at AKL

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe, and Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
    AK - Flame Tree Barbecue and Yak & Yetti Counter Service
    DD - Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich
    MK - Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest (lunch)
    DHS - Backlot Express, Starring Rolls, and Writers Stop

4. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

I don't do a ton of CS because a lot of it just isn't appealing, but the Yorkshire (I think I got that right) fish and chips shop in the UK pavilion at Epcot and Tangerine Cafe are excellent! We've also enjoyed Earl of Sandwich and WPE n DTD, but we have a couple of local WPEs, so its not such a draw for us. I do think if you are stuck in AK that Flametree is a decent decision, but note if you need to escape for some ac, that the Rainforest Cafe bar almost always has seats available. It may not be the best in terms of food, but we have sought it out for a respite from the heat.

5. bsb

bsb Earning My Ears

I don't mean to hijack but I have a question. At starring rolls if you go for lunch on the DDP do they give you those huge cupcakes everyone talks about as your dessert?

6. jlr9882

jlr9882 Mouseketeer

Do you know if the 1/2 chicken and ribs combo at Fairfax Fare is as good as Cosmic Ray's? I have heard that Cosmic Ray's only has that combo for dinner now, and we have dinner ressies every night on our upcoming trip. I haven't tried Fairfax before, and want to get the best bang for our DDP buck. I would love the chicken and rib combo if it is the same as Cosmic. I wish FF had the mashed potatoes instead of coleslaw. Not a coleslaw fan, but would still order if it the chicken and ribs are as good.

I also love Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina, and Yorkshire Fish Shop in Epcot. I ate at the Japenese qs many years ago, and it was good then too.

At Ak, we went to Flame Tree for the ribs and they were great.

7. PalmettoPrincess

PalmettoPrincess DIS Veteran

I would think so because we were able to get the big cupcakes at Sunshine Seasons as our dessert. Someone else can pbly confirm though

8. Eric in Canada

Eric in Canada Earning My Ears

9. spidet1964

spidet1964 Mouseketeer

Definately Flame Tree at Animal Kingdom. The chicken it excellent.:goodvibes