Favorite Counter Service Restaurants in WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tomigirl484, Jan 1, 2013.

1. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

Sad that one little triangle can have as many calories as a typical lunch, isn't it? And the fat? Oh my gosh. Maybe if I eat it while doing a wall-sit and lifting weights with my free hand...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tomigirl484

tomigirl484 Earning My Ears

All of these awesome suggestions are making my mouth water!!! Thanks everyone for your advice and recommendations! Definitely on the docket so far is WPE, Starring Rolls, Sunshine Seasons, and Sleepy Hollow based on these posts....AHHHH, can't wait!!! :yay: Thanks for all the well wishes...I'm gonna try not to gain more than 10 lbs on this trip ;)

4. j-me

j-me Mouseketeer

Don't miss a DOLE WHIP in Fantasyland MK... it's MUST HAVE especially on your first trip.

Epcot World showcase.. ENGLAND...fish and chips
    MK... Comsic Rays

Hope you have a wonderful time .. You WILL!!!

5. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

MK- Columbia Harbor house
    Epcot - Morocco & Germany. Desserts -- France
    AK -- Flametree BBq
    HS- starring rolls or back lot express

6. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

We knock out DHS early in the day because the food there is so bad (to us) - there for RD and then walk over to Epcot for lunch. The Morroccan, French, Norwegian, UK, German and now Italian pavilions (if you count tapas at the wine bar as CS, its definitely quick service) have very good offerings. We enjoy grazing and having a few drinks in the later afternoon, so this works for us.

As mentioned, Flametree is the best at the AK, but still not as good as offerings at Epcot - can you tell I love Epcot and the World Showcase food?

DTD for Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express - which are both excellent.

MK - I'll be honest, one of my BEST memories of childhood took place at WDW and the Plaza restaurant, where I learned that on vacation my folks would let me have ice cream for lunch. It was magical:) So, I almost always go there for lunch (but I'm trying BOG of course for my trip next week!) and you can often get in without too much of a wait. That said, I was pleasantly surprised at Tortuga Tavern on my last girls trip. The chicken taco salad was far better than I anticipated and while I always thought a "fixings bar" sounded gross, I was proven wrong by all the jalapeno's I could stand!

7. VillianDiva

VillianDiva Falling in LOVE with Disney!

MK - Pecos Bill/Columbia Harbour
    AK - Flametree BBQ
    Epcot - SO hard! Mexico, Morocco, and Sunshine Seasons
    Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls for a sandwich and cupcake

8. jrtoastyman

jrtoastyman Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

This is actually pretty funny, had not noticed your post, obviously, but at least in my experience, I stand by my comments.

I've not tried the BBQ at Fairfax Fare, but just because the same items appear on a menu doesn't mean they are the same, which is particularly important when talking about BBQ. Pretty much every BBQ place has the same items on the menu (at least in a particular region), but not all ribs, pulled pork and smoked chicken are created equal. Does the food at Fairfax actually taste like the stuff at Flame Tree? The aromas at Flame Tree draw me in, and even though I've eaten at Fairfax Fare before, I've never even been tempted, which suggests that they are using a different preparation.

If they ARE smoking them over at DHS, well, I know where I'm going to try to visit on my next trip!

9. sambisc

sambisc Mouseketeer

Flame Tree Barbecue has a good menu, generous portions, and a nice seating area.

Dole Whip in MK is a must for a snack!

10. Married_Him_@_Disney

Married_Him_@_Disney A Disney Mom

Two words: Schoolbread Norway

:worship::lovestruc:hippie::love::woohoo:

11. michellebeck316

michellebeck316 Earning My Ears

All of our favs too!

12. Married_Him_@_Disney

Married_Him_@_Disney A Disney Mom

Sometimes words are not enough....more on the schoolbread...

[​IMG]

13. cheshirecatattack

cheshirecatattack Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House

Epcot - sunshine seasons

DHS - fairfaxe fare

A.K. - flame tree bbq

14. tomigirl484

tomigirl484 Earning My Ears

Ummmm.....YUMMY!!!

15. fbarker

fbarker Mouseketeer

MK: Pinocchio House (sitting outside on the second level people watching)
    DHS: Starring Roles ..nice quiet area again great for people watching

16. pegrad1

pegrad1 Earning My Ears

Our trip is in 3 months & 3 days. (I still haven't figured out how to get my DisTicker to show up on here. Just have the link) I have pages of tips/suggestions, our ADR's are all taken care of and I thought to myself...how in the world will we pick Counter Service meals? By that I mean, I don't want the same ole, same ole burgers & dogs. It's Disney, I want some counter service magic! Okay, so as much magic as you are going to get with Quick Service! :goodvibes I would rather do my research & have a few different options for each park at the ready. SO, I really appreciate this post as it has helped tremendously!
    Thanks everyone for the ideas/suggestions! It is truly appreciated!::yes::

17. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

One more addition I forgot to mention, I personally loved the food court at Caribbean Beach. It's been so long since I've been to the other resort food courts (I stayed at Dixie Landings before it turned into Riverside and Pop Sports), but I would imagine that the moderate resorts would have similar food at least in quality. I like the stations that they have so there are different types of food and I am not forced to get burgers and chicken sandwiches unless I want one. It's also nice to sometimes go back to the resort at 1, grab lunch and go back to our room and rest. :)

18. ILuvTinkerbelle

ILuvTinkerbelle Mommy the Magic Maker

So glad I found this thread....we leave in 2 days and I want to try and have some good food for our CS meals....will have to pour over this and the snack credit thread in the next days!

19. wdw71

wdw71 DIS Veteran

My favorite in The Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbor House
    Animal Kingdom is Flame Tree BBQ
    EPCOT is Sunshine Seasons
    and I don't have a fav in DHS not that any are bad its just none stand out to me.

20. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Not in Nov or Dec, when EoS has their Holiday Turkey/Dressing sandwiches.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love WGP Express and will normally choose it over EoS, except for when EoS has the Holiday S/Ws. I could eat one of those every single day of the trip, for any meal.:rotfl::rotfl:

As far as other counter service restaurants:

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Norwegian bakery, French bakery, Tangeriene Cafe

MK: Columbia Harbour House or Sleepy Hollow (sweet/spicy chicken waffle s/w)

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (unless my mom is with us--she has eaten there twice and got sick both times, so refuses to try it again) Also like a couple of sides at the Y&Y CS for a meal (chicken fried rice with egg rolls)

DS: nothing, but do like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls

DTD: Wolfgang Pucks Express, Earl of Sandwich, and Cookes of Dublin

Resorts: Pepper Market at CSR (love their huge chicken nachos)

21. LovinPooh

LovinPooh DIS Veteran

Caseys is my new fave.
    Also fell in love with cookes of dublin in dtd.