Favorite chili recipe

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a favorite chili recipe they care to share? I have one thats good for beginners or people who only like a lttle kick. You can add more heat if you like.I also am trying to find ones without beans(we're on Atkins DH has lost 150lbs ina year!!!) Thanks.
Chili

2 lbs ground beef; browned & drain fat
1 28 oz can crushed tomatos
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1/4 cup water
2 15 oz cans red kidney beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 or more cloves of garlic; minced
1 teaspn sugar
1 teaspn salt
1 tablespn chili powder (add more for more heat)

Saute onions & garlic in small amount of oil. In heavy pot add all ingredients. Stir and simmer over low heat at least one hour. The longer it simmers the thicker it gets.
Because its not very spicy everyone enjoys it. For large family gatherings (communions, 4th of july etc) we make a huge pot and grill a ton of hot dogs for chili dogs the kids go crazy for them. We also put out bowls of shredded cheese, chopped onion, jalapenos, and sour cream for those that just want a bowl of chili. Enjoy.

My favorite and the easiest that I have found is the Hunts chilli starter. One can of the starter, one can of beans (I use 2 cans of starter and 3 cans of beans of different types-dark, light-spicy). and a half a can of water. You can't beat it if you made it from scratch. I like to cook and can be pretty good at it when I have the time and I wouldn't make it from scratch again. I can come home from work and put it on and let it cook for 30 min or an hour and it is great!!!!! I highly recomend it.

My favorite is vegetarian...(of course it would be) :D

Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

This Tex-Mex great pleaser is another vegetarian happy medium to
please meat eaters and meat-free-ers alike.
2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan) olive or vegetable oil
1 medium yellow skinned onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, red or green, seeded and chopped
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1 cup pale beer or vegetable stock/broth
1 (32- ounce) can crushed tomat
1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cayenne hot pepper sauce, several drops
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup spicy vegetarian refried beans

Toppings:
8 ounces (2 cups shredded) spicy monterey jack or smoked cheddar
Chopped scallions, whites and greens
Diced fresh seeded plum tomato

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter