Favorite brand of packing cubes?

Eagle Creek Pack-it cubes. I don't have the newer Specter cubes but some of mine are nearly 20 years old and have held up very well (which is why I don't have the newer ones). They get used about once every 4-6 weeks. I use the packing folders also. Would not consider traveling without them.

I have a few from different brands but the ones I like most are the Eagle Creek Ones.
They are made from very good material, lightweight and durable.

E-bags. On Amazon. Multiple colors, multiple sizes. Can color code each family members items. Can order them from Amazon Prime when you are in the last minute packing crunch when you realize you need more and they can get to you fast!! :)
They are AWESOME! Have a wonderful trip!

I bought Rick Steves travel cubes at least 5 years ago and they've held up well over multiple trips.

Does using these packing cubes add a lot of weight to your luggage? We are going on the Hawaii 10 day and we'll be caring a lot of clothes. 50lbs can add up quick....:sad2:

Does using these packing cubes add a lot of weight to your luggage? We are going on the Hawaii 10 day and we'll be caring a lot of clothes. 50lbs can add up quick....:sad2:
not at all. i have all mine (3 sets) packed into one of the bags for storage and i bet they wouldn't weight a pound. very light nylon.

When I buy anything that comes in a plastic zippered bag (bedding, etc) I save them and use them as packing cubes. Very easy to squeeze the air out as well. Protects clothes from dampness too.

Just thought I would bump this up in the forum since I came across a sale on the eBags version of the cubes.

eBags is currently having a sale on their packing cubes (along with a few new prints), plus an additional full site discount/free shipping offer running right now. A great time to really save some money if you are buying a number of packs of these.

Sale runs through 5/28.

Flight 001 spacepak system

Hands down best on the market

Just now getting back to this thread

wanted to back up our post (see above quote) that the Spacepak system is simply the best!
since we were entering an online competition for how do you pack...got all of our cubes out for a photo op to enter the contest...figured it would be good to post here
as you can see we have invested in this system
after years of trying just about every packing cube on the market...Flight001 Spacepak System can not be beaten.

They are well worth the $$
have had our for years now and done hundreds of trips worldwide with them....and never had any issues.
very well made

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 38
I'm from Australia so our premium brand packing cells are a different brand to yours. If you don't want to spend a lot of money then the IKEA ones still do the job just fine.

We have used ours over a dozen times so I thought I would share a tip to make them even more useful. There are 3 people in my family so we each have a large packing cell each. On the last night of our holiday I dump all the clothes on the bed together and sort them into whites, darks and colours, and that's how I pack them to travel home. Once back home I simply dump the packing cells onto the laundry floor and empty them into the machine one load at a time. My front loader will hold the contents of one packing cell. If we have been somewhere where we have taken our own towels, I pack a cell for those as well. It makes post holiday washing at breeze.

I too love them and wouldn't travel without them.

Following up on this again. So, I've recently purchased a full set of eBags (during the sale I referenced above) and full set of Dot and Dot from Amazon. I have been traveling like crazy for work this summer and have been trying various cubes from both sets. So far...I like them equally and find them equally good. They are slightly different sizes (even s/m/l from one set to the next is slightly different)...so I move back and forth between the two depending on what I'm packing. In any event...so far, I'm not seeing any difference in quality or functionality that would lead me to say one is better than the other. I'm very pleased with both sets.

I have a set by Dot&Dot. I find them very useful in organizing not only when traveling.

I bought several sets of the Eagle Creek. I hate them. They hold very little, and I dislike the fact it's hard to see thru them! I'm used to using the clear compression bags. I like those so much better! Thou in 3 days, I'm using either of them!

I use and like my Eagle Creek compression packing cubes. Not only do they help organize your clothing they also compress to make even more room. I have purchased several sets of various colors to add to my organized packing.

Frankly I prefer the gallon plus size of zippered zip lock bags.

The "Problem" with packing cubes is that if you use them and are putting them into a carryon sized roller back (21x14x9) you can't fit other stuff in there very well.

I am an overpacker and started researching packing cubes after finding them referenced on "how to pack lightly" pins. Our family of four is flying for the first time for 11 days of Disney goodness next month. I know I need to scale down my packing. We bought some ebags in a few different sizes and colors. We have used them several times since the spring and I love them. We have a very large suitcase that I like to use. I just stack our packing cubes into it like books on a shelf. I can usually get 3 full days of clothes per person including shoes in each of the large cubes, and use another for toiletries. The downside is-that particular suitcase costs money to fly on Southwest, but we can each have 2 checked bags. I am now faced with the reality of having to take more suitcases than neccessary in order to meet the size regulations for the flight. I do also like using oversized Ziploc brand bags for packing some items. When my kids were little I packed each of their clothes by outfits in Ziplocs. It was always easy to find their clothes and to let them choose what to wear without making a mess of the suitcase or dressers.

I have several sizes of eBags packing cubes. I mostly use them for my son. It was especially perfect when he was younger and I would just pack them by day. I could just hand him a bag of fresh clothes each day and I would never end up at the end of a trip with mis-matched clothes. I would also keep a separate cube for PJs and one for swim wear.

For myself, I would use the larger cubes and have one for shorts, one for tops...

Another great feature of the cubes is that if you are flying, we would always take a couple of cubes containing outfits and swap them in each other's bags in case a suit case was lost. It would at least give us a few days of clothes while we waiting for bags to catch up!

Anyone have pics of these? Really want to explore these options! We will be travelling for 14 days so will have lots of stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter