fastpass question

swtmommie2four

Mouseketeer
i will be in DL the 19th and 20th:banana: , if i start both days in DL, by the time i get over to DCA, will all the FP for soarin and ToT be gone?

Well, that totally depends on what time you get over to DCA. I'd try to either get over there or send a runner over there for FP before noon since you are right in the height of Spring Break.

Well, that totally depends on what time you get over to DCA. I'd try to either get over there or send a runner over there for FP before noon since you are right in the height of Spring Break.

<deleted infomation in error>

I really doubt they will be gone in early afternoon... especially TT

Andy

Can't send a runner because the tickets will never have been validated in DCA. ( although I have heard dissenting views on this )

Andy,
Please explain this for me. I'm a little slow on the draw. Is this true for only the *first* time you use your park hopper? Let's say we get there on a Thursday and use our park hoppers in both parks. Then, on Friday morning, do we have to "validate" our tickets again? I can't remember how it works. I jsut remember them scanning tickets when we entered but I'm not sure of the logistics of it all. I told you I'm slow today. :cool1:
~mm

The 1st time you enter Disneyland your park hopper is validated for that day. After that when you re-enter Disneyland they see that the ticket is already validated for that day and that you are a re-entry and should check your handstamp. (it makes a different sound also)

If a park hopper is not validated for the park then you can't get fastpasses.

Since DL & DCA are 2 different parks then you can't use your hopper for fastpasses until the hopper has gone through the turnstiles to be validated for that day.

I assume APs work the same way.

I've seen at least 1 person claim recently that they were able to get DCA fastpasses without the hopper ever being used to enter DCA.

I've never tried it myself but I will next month.

Andy

(edit... I realized I absolutely did not answer your question. Hoppers are validated at the park turstiles first use every day)

Sorry, Andy, but you're misinformed.

Once you activate your hopper or AP by going through either park, it is then activated for FP collecting purposes in both parks. This has personally worked for me and many others here. You can verify this by reading Hydroguy's FP sticky on the top of this board.

Oh, here's a link for ya: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553197

So to the OP, yes, you can send a runner over to DCA to collect FP's for that park even though the rest of your party has only entered DL that day.

Just chiming in to agree with DangerMouse. You only need to have the tickets validated at one of the parks in order to obtain FPs from either park. It worked for us on our last trip.

To the OP, ToT FPs almost never run out. Soarin's might, but more towards the early evening.

Sorry, Andy, but you're misinformed.

Once you activate your hopper or AP by going through either park, it is then activated for FP collecting purposes in both parks. This has personally worked for me and many others here. You can verify this by reading Hydroguy's FP sticky on the top of this board.

As I said in my post I have heard conflicting infomation on it. I'm happy to take Disboards members word for it.

I will say that several times last trip my AP make what I thought was an invalid sound when entering DCA and I wasn't able to get fastpasses. I had assumed it wasn't validated but perhaps it was something else.

Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter