Fastpass or wait in line??

junior2431

Earning My Ears
When you arrive at a ride/attraction, any thoughts(I know everyone IS different) on how long your willing to wait in line as opposed to grabbing a fastpass(if applicable) and coming back? For example, you arrive at Space Mtn and the posted time is 30 minutes, do you stay or get fastpass? 45 minutes, stay or Fastpass? Thanks.

20-30 minutes depending on the ride and the queue. Some rides always have a shorter wait than is posted, while others when they say 60 minutes, they mean 60 minutes.

Also I mind waiting less for rides with interactive waits, even like Everest where there is lots to see and look at.

Less than 30 minutes I'll probably wait in line but any more than that and I'll probably fastpass it. To much to do to be stood around waiting in line!

We will wait up to 45 minutes, unless the FP return time for that particular attraction has a return time in under that time. Then we will get the FP. :goodvibes

15 minutes tops for lines with FP. We rope drop and FP and never ever ever wait.

This is us as well. One exception is TSMM (maybe 30-min wait SB with FP for second ride later). We never waited more than 15 minutes for anything else.

Our typical limit for waiting in lines is 30 minutes. Anything more than that we either FP it or just go another day.

I'd say 20 minutes or less for standby for our family(we go in the offseason, although that's relative lately). Anything over and we'll typically grab a fp. We get to the parks early and can hit big rides before the standby lines get long, then collect fp's throughout the rest of the day.

Ride wait times have been far too unpredictable lately. I think this has to do with them testing out how many FP slots they can milk out of the system before rolling out FP+. Too many reports lately of a 20 minute posted wait time becoming double or triple that. For now at least, anything more than 15 minutes I would FP when possible.

I agree with 20-30 but my son was 15 months when we went, he would have been a disaster. Luckily we didn't wait much. Two 30 min character meets, when the baby was asleep. I think even with the FP we waited 30 min for tsmm, it was massively slow once we got in FP. I wish we hadn't FP for Winnie the Pooh, DD was sad she didn't get to do the cool things in line!

Recently, I've been going during the first two weeks of September, so wait times have not been long at all, save for Toy Story, which I always get a FP. Soarin' is another one for which I usually get a FP.

I do like to wait in line for Space Mountain, as I love the ambiance and listening to the background music! I feel like I am missing something if I get a FP for Space Mountain...

Some rides I don't mind waiting in line. Space Mountain is cool and dark so it's a nice break from all the color and noise. ToT has an awesome line, even though some of it's outside, they really carry the theme through. TSMM looks like a nice line, but I waited in there once for 100 minutes and felt like a heifer in the herd. Always FP that one.

But I go in the off-season, so lines aren't really an issue for me, especially when I get there early.

We go to WDW over school breaks so it is VERY busy. My patience for standing in line is much longer over Christmas or Spring Break than when I used to go in May and October. Plus, fast passes are in shorter supply when we go. So ... We tend to stand in line longer than other people. That being said, I won't get in a line with a wait time longer then 30-40 minutes. Sometimes that means that we miss something or that we come back on a different day.

20 minutes wait for any ride. We rarely use FP now with the enforced return times (too much of a headache for us) Anything longer than 20 minutes, we come back.

If there's an option to get a FP, I always get a FP. Why wait in line if you don't have to? If I want to ride more than once, I'll get the FP first, then hop in line.

"I do like to wait in line for Space Mountain, as I love the ambiance and listening to the background music! I feel like I am missing something if I get a FP for Space Mountain..."
VERY interesting. Are there any other rides that you'd hate to miss the line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter