Fastpass + is absolutely lousy

Hi Robo

I am talking fantasmic at HS. I did not know you had to be in the actual park to make fp's for that park. I only went to Epcot because it's a short walk from my villa at Boardwalk.

I was hoping to get this sorted out on the phone. no such luck. So I went down stairs to concierge and he suggested I walk to Epcot and use a park kiosk
Did you try the mobile website instead of the app? You may still be able to get Fantasmic FPs for tonight when you get to the park, depending on when you get there, too. Good luck! :)

Again.

Tonight, Fantasmic! runs at 8:30 and 10PM.

If you want FPs for the 8:30 show, you should be able to get them at a DHS kiosk as late as 7:30-7:45PM, or so, which is about the time you should be heading into the F! theater, anyway.

If you want to go to the 10PM show, you won't need FP.

I don't know why you think the system stinks. You get information from a CM who tells you to walk to Epcot. You make the walk over and find out that you actually have to go to DHS. So you walk over there. And then back to the resort. And then back to DHS again for the show. It's a ride rationing system AND a weight loss system. What are you complaining about? :cool:

I've never had a resort concierge refuse to make a 4th FP+ for me. How frustrating!

I hope the margarita is good.

Don't walk to a kiosk anywhere. Get in line with all the other folks to see the show. So much worry over something you can see from a walk in standpoint. If you do go to Epcot stop at Rose Crown and have a Bass for me.

Last edited:

So much worry over something you can see from a walk in standpoint.
I see it not so much as "worry" as I do "frustration". The OP had something in their virtual hands, and now it as been blown away by the Disney wind. We can debate whether the thing they virtually held was worth holding in the first place. But either way, it is frustrating to have it blown away.

Lol, I've got a really big margarita and 1 hour before dinner.

Eliza, when you have a chance, stop back by the Concierge desk at your resort, or stop by guest relations once you get to DHS and explain the wild goose chase you were just sent on (to no avail). They should compensate you with some any attraction fastpasses for the hassle THEY caused you.

I've never had a resort concierge refuse to make a 4th FP+ for me. How frustrating!

We got refused at BC last week - tried to make a 4th for DHS after using 3 at MK.

Friends of ours (newbies) there at the same time as us got soaked at AK - rained for 3.5 hours. They bailed on their 2 remaining FP. They tried to get concierge at YC to help them cancel their 2 remaining AK FP & help them book something at EP later in the evening in case the rain stopped. No can do.

Yeah I've not had good luck getting the concierge desk to help with much of anything.

This is the one thing I have trouble understanding when it comes to FP+. WE all have te mobile app, but yo cannot use it to make a 4th pass, and that is rediculous. If Disney wants us to like FP they better get that system stepped up so that it is easier to use from your phone, There should also be support from the resorts. The WDW rresorts are advertised as convenience and immersion n the Disney experience, yet there is no ability to make adjustments and the CM's are not all fully tained in how this aspect of Disney planning works. Eliza's wild goose chase based on errroneous information from a CM is an example of how WDW needs to step up to assist guests whn it comes to using this system.

Did you try the mobile website instead of the app?
^^^
This!!!

Every time I've had issues with the MDE app in the Parks, I pull up MyDisneyExperience.com in my mobile browser and it works like a charm.

Sorry you had so much trouble, OP!

This stinks. I have not been a fan of this FP+ system since they started it. Rides that never had excessive waits now do due to the addition of FP. It's not going to stop me from enjoying myself, but I still don't care for it.

Hi Robo

I am talking fantasmic at HS. I did not know you had to be in the actual park to make fp's for that park. I only went to Epcot because it's a short walk from my villa at Boardwalk.

I was hoping to get this sorted out on the phone. no such luck. So I went down stairs to concierge and he suggested I walk to Epcot and use a park kiosk
It's all too late now but maybe will help someone else in a similar situation but wouldn't the walk to HS from the BWV been about the same as the walk to Epcot? And you'd gotten to the right park too.

I've never had a resort concierge agree to make 4th FP. They've said they can not. You must be quite persuasive when you ask them :)

Do you stay CL? I'm wondering if maybe that's the difference.

We did not stay CL, asked at the concierge desk at the WL and were told no.

Why are you going to Epcot for Fantasmic FP's? I don't think you can book Fantasmic from an Epcot kiosk.
I believe she is going to Epcot because she can walk to that park. They told her she can only get her problem fixed at a park

I've never had a resort concierge agree to make 4th FP. They've said they can not. You must be quite persuasive when you ask them :)

Nope. Just stroll up and say, "Hey, can you make a 4th FP+ for me?" My experience has been at WL. Maybe the concierge staff is better there than at the YC/BC? The first time I asked, the CM was downright giddy about it (no joke). She was a cute little CPer and seemed so excited to be able to play around in the FP+ system. I think she was disappointed when I just told her to give me a Philharmagic for the next available time and then I'd play with it on my phone to get something I really wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter