• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to link my MNSSHP tickets to MDE in order to book FP for that day? We are not planning to attend a park before the party.

Yes, you need to have some sort of ticket attached before you can make FP+ reservations. Only book slots which you can use after 4pm obviously, as you can't get in before then.

Andre

Yes, you need to have some sort of ticket attached before you can make FP+ reservations. Only book slots which you can use after 4pm obviously, as you can't get in before then.

Andre
Book you FP+ from 3:30 - 6:30. You can enter the park around 4, But all FP+ windows must end by 6:30.

I've booked FP 30 days out for Disney Studios. Could only get 5 out of the 6 in our group in roughly the same FP window for TSM. The 6th is on their own way later in the day. How can I improve my chances of picking up an earlier FP when someone else drops theirs and it becomes available?
You just have to keep checking unfortunately.

Hoping someone here can help, I've spoken to two different CM's and gotten two completely different answers. We have annual passes and an upcoming 10 day trip. Half of our trip is onsite and the other half is offsite. MDE will only allow me to make fast passes for 7 days of our trip(which I've already made). I can not make any more fast passes in MDE until after I've used 1 day of the passes I've already booked. Does this also apply to booking fast passes in park at a kiosk? For example, if I were to go to Orlando for a business trip prior to the trip I've booked fp's for, stay offsite but want to spend one day in one of the parks, would I be able to go to a kiosk in park and make fast passes for the day? Or will I get the same message at the kiosk as I get in MDE that I have used all of my fast pass allotment and I have to drop one of the days I've made fp for before I can add more?

I booked my fast passes the other night for our upcoming trip Now I am thinking about changing a park day around...going to a different prk than I scheduled the fast passes for. How can I check to see if there are available fast passes for the attraction and park I want to change to without cancelling the ones I already have scheduled? So...I have FP scheduled for HS on a Monday and EP on a Thursday....I am thinking of switching the park days to EP on Monday and HS on Thursday....I don't know how to see what is available without cancelling what I already have. I went in and tried to modify them for that day but got a message that it would cancel them.

another question about booking on MNSSHP day... we have tickets to party... I know can't get in before 4 with these tickets, but when we get to WDW we will be upgrading our 3 day tickets to annual passes, so if I have already booked FP for times outside of the 4-6:30 timeframe (such as 2 pm) will we be able to use them since we plan to arrive at park about noon the day of our party?

I booked my fast passes the other night for our upcoming trip Now I am thinking about changing a park day around...going to a different prk than I scheduled the fast passes for. How can I check to see if there are available fast passes for the attraction and park I want to change to without cancelling the ones I already have scheduled? So...I have FP scheduled for HS on a Monday and EP on a Thursday....I am thinking of switching the park days to EP on Monday and HS on Thursday....I don't know how to see what is available without cancelling what I already have. I went in and tried to modify them for that day but got a message that it would cancel them.
It will not actually cancel your existing selections until you confirm the new ones. So you are doing it exactly right. If you don't like what you see, simply exit out and everything will stay as-is.

another question about booking on MNSSHP day... we have tickets to party... I know can't get in before 4 with these tickets, but when we get to WDW we will be upgrading our 3 day tickets to annual passes, so if I have already booked FP for times outside of the 4-6:30 timeframe (such as 2 pm) will we be able to use them since we plan to arrive at park about noon the day of our party?
Yes, you'll be able to use them. FPs aren't attached to specific tickets. Your AP will provide the access to your FP data when you are at the FP tapstile.

We're doing a split stay. We have room only reservations at AKV for 5 nights and then FD package for 4 nights with 5day tickets. The 2 reservations are on separate MDEs but they're linked as friends/family. I know we'll only be able to book FP+ for days during our package stay, but will we be able to book them 60 days before our AKV stay? Or do we have to wait for 60 days before our package start? Just wondering because I read that people can piggyback off someone else's FP+ window if they're linked, but not sure if it applies to packages.

Sorry if this is a repeat....If we book a 9:00-10:00 fp, but ride that ride first thing at opening, will we be able to ride it again within that hour using our fp? Or, will the fp "delete" when we scan our magic bands at the ride? Thanks!

I tried searching this thread, but did not find a clear answer, and most of the information was over six months old. If we are going to use a child swap for a ride that our DS4 is not big enough to ride, do both adults need to have a FP+ to be able to utilize the swap? I wanted to use my FP+ to do a character meet with DS4, but was then unsure if I could then use the child swap for the other ride.

I tried searching this thread, but did not find a clear answer, and most of the information was over six months old. If we are going to use a child swap for a ride that our DS4 is not big enough to ride, do both adults need to have a FP+ to be able to utilize the swap? I wanted to use my FP+ to do a character meet with DS4, but was then unsure if I could then use the child swap for the other ride.

You both don't need to have a fp for the ride you're using rider swap. One adult can fp and get rider swap for the second adult and you can use your fp as you like.

you dont scan your magic bands in the regular line so you can go again in the fast pass line
Not sure, but I think OP was inquiring as to whether or not they could ride multiple times within their FP hour? If so, the answer is no, the FP will be marked as "used" once you scan your band the first time.

Not sure, but I think OP was inquiring as to whether or not they could ride multiple times within their FP hour? If so, the answer is no, the FP will be marked as "used" once you scan your band the first time.

I see what your saying, now I'm not sure what they're asking but you are right for sure

I see what your saying, now I'm not sure what they're asking but you are right for sure

I think the first answer was the one the OP was looking for. We're thinking of the same thing. Planning a ride at rope drop, but also getting a FP+ as a backup, with the bonus of being able to ride twice if we manage to be there for rope drop.

I think the first answer was the one the OP was looking for. We're thinking of the same thing. Planning a ride at rope drop, but also getting a FP+ as a backup, with the bonus of being able to ride twice if we manage to be there for rope drop.
Yes, you can definitely do this. There are 2 separate entrances, one for FP and one for SB. In this case, you'd enter the SB line first, where your band is not scanned. Then when you enter the FP line on your second trip, you will scan your band and "use" the FP.

Made my first FP reservations last night. Can't say I was too impressed - guess I should have practiced. I didn't realize they'd just spit out a time as opposed to me being able to finagle it. But I guess that's what modify if for?

Why won't they let you just make one reservation? If I have 3 FP+ and miss the first one due to transportation or other time management issues will it cancel the other two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter