FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your is not uncommon, but it is interesting that you quote the web site ad an experienced user ad you can probably tell that other paragraphs on that page actually contradict actual in park operations. It has never been accurate.

But I also said "officially" as far as getting a rider switch pass...and I said they may give one anyways, or accommodate through alternate means.

I actually had no idea that this was not the official policy and was certainly not purposely trying to mislead anyone. As I said, this has been our experience. Last year at SDMT when my DS3 was tall enough but did not want to go on, the CM even told us if he changed his mind, he could ride later with the rider swap. My daughter went on the ride herself, and all three of us ended up going back on later in the day.

I actually had no idea that this was not the official policy and was certainly not purposely trying to mislead anyone. As I said, this has been our experience. Last year at SDMT when my DS3 was tall enough but did not want to go on, the CM even told us if he changed his mind, he could ride later with the rider swap. My daughter went on the ride herself, and all three of us ended up going back on later in the day.

I wasn't saying you were trying to mislead our anything like that. But we need to stress that the website had been wrong for about a decade now on various things like this. Unless there have been operational changes in the last couple years when I last verified, and I am not aware of any our been informed by the CMs I know who work the lines at the attractions, what I have given is official policy.

We have 3 day park tickets, but plan on upgrading to 4 or 5 day once we arrive at Disney (& once we have used it on the first day).

My question is that I was going to make FPs for MK (2 days) and 1 day at Epcot. We are visiting AK on our first day. Are we able to make FP while at the park if we already have 3 days of FPs before we upgrade?

My question is regarding FP+ and APs. We are mulling over the idea of just getting them for DH and I as last year and this year we ended up taking a short adults only trip in addition to family trip. When we go with the kids we stay onsite maybe 4 nights then move offsite for 10 nights. With 8 total park days. So how would scheduling FP go? Last year we scheduled the first 4 days at 60 days (onsite) then the next 4 on a rolling basis. This was with regular tickets. I see that you can schedule up to 7 days offsite but is that consecutive as we don't go everyday when offsite. Hope this makes sense!

Ok. Re-read post on first page. So with a split stay (on/offsite), with APs, I can schedule 7 days of FP+ 60 days in advance of onsite stay of 5 days, then move offsite and book remaining 1 day at 30 days in advance? (figuring 8 park days). Now, 3 kids will not have APs just regular PHs. So can I only book our 5 days onsite 60 days in advance and have to wait on the other 3 days to be be booked at 30 days from offsite? Or does only 1 person have to have AP and everyone in party on MDE can still book together? Sorry if this is confusing! :sad2:

Okay...I think I have at least a bit of an understanding about this FP+ thing. I think...:crazy2:

I'll be doing an on/off site split stay. I understand that I will be able to book the first 3 park days when I'll be ON site 60 days out, and my second 3 park days when I'll be OFF site 30 days out. I also understand that parades, fireworks, Anna & Elsa and 7DMT will all likely be gone if I try for them on the 30 day mark.

With that said, of MSEP, Wishes, Anna & Elsa and 7DMT, which 3 does expertise say I should choose as my FP+ reservations for my first MK day that I will be able to book 60 days out if this day is also an Evening EMH that we will stay in the parks for?

Also, does this same rule apply to the other parks? Meaning, will I probably not be able to book Fantasmic or IllumiNations 30 days out?

TIA!!!

Okay...I think I have at least a bit of an understanding about this FP+ thing. I think...:crazy2:

I'll be doing an on/off site split stay. I understand that I will be able to book the first 3 park days when I'll be ON site 60 days out, and my second 3 park days when I'll be OFF site 30 days out. I also understand that parades, fireworks, Anna & Elsa and 7DMT will all likely be gone if I try for them on the 30 day mark.

With that said, of MSEP, Wishes, Anna & Elsa and 7DMT, which 3 does expertise say I should choose as my FP+ reservations for my first MK day that I will be able to book 60 days out if this day is also an Evening EMH that we will stay in the parks for?

Also, does this same rule apply to the other parks? Meaning, will I probably not be able to book Fantasmic or IllumiNations 30 days out?

TIA!!!
Working off the OP. In the MK, in order - Anna & Elsa, 7DMT, MSEP for FP+ (then find a good spot for wishes) Have you seen Robo's maps?
I personally would try to book any FP I wanted no matter how many days out. Never know when you would get lucky.

Post # 2, is a good place to start.

Working off the OP. In the MK, in order - Anna & Elsa, 7DMT, MSEP for FP+ (then find a good spot for wishes) Have you seen Robo's maps?
I personally would try to book any FP I wanted no matter how many days out. Never know when you would get lucky.

Robo's Maps?? - Is there a link

We have 3 day park tickets, but plan on upgrading to 4 or 5 day once we arrive at Disney (& once we have used it on the first day).

My question is that I was going to make FPs for MK (2 days) and 1 day at Epcot. We are visiting AK on our first day. Are we able to make FP while at the park if we already have 3 days of FPs before we upgrade?
No, you can only book FPs for the number of days' tickets you have linked in MDX.

TIA!!!
Not sure about the popularity of the other fireworks shows, but wanted to offer a tip. If you have a FP for MSEP, follow the parade up Main Street once it passes the reserved viewing location, and you will be in a great position for Wishes (assuming crowds don't bother you!)

I've used FP+ before and am one of those people who actually like it more than the old "run for your life" strategy.

I planned my next trip well within 60 days though and while I'm happy with my picks, I'd love to be able to score a 7DMT (like everyone else).

So my question is, what's the best way to check for those most coveted fast passes? If feel like I don't always get EVERYTHING that's actually available no matter what option I chose in MDE.

Is it best to change one? All? Choose the new option?

Thanks!

Oh, oops, I guess I should have thought of using the OP for the order myself. That's what it's there for and all. Duh! Thank you for the suggestion and for going through the trouble of finding the link!

Not sure about the popularity of the other fireworks shows, but wanted to offer a tip. If you have a FP for MSEP, follow the parade up Main Street once it passes the reserved viewing location, and you will be in a great position for Wishes (assuming crowds don't bother you!)

Would you mind going into a bit more detail about this? I have never visited the parks before so I'm not quite sure how the switch over goes. Where should I follow the parade to? Just find an empty spot and grab it? Or, are you saying that while the parade is moving up Main Street I can watch and walk at the same time? Thanks for taking the time to offer a tip, I really appreciate it!

Oh, oops, I guess I should have thought of using the OP for the order myself. That's what it's there for and all. Duh! Thank you for the suggestion and for going through the trouble of finding the link!

Would you mind going into a bit more detail about this? I have never visited the parks before so I'm not quite sure how the switch over goes. Where should I follow the parade to? Just find an empty spot and grab it? Or, are you saying that while the parade is moving up Main Street I can watch and walk at the same time? Thanks for taking the time to offer a tip, I really appreciate it!
Wishes won't start for about 15 or so minutes after the parade passes. Follow the parade up Main Street toward the castle (the fireworks are best viewed from the front of the castle). You will not be alone - just stop when you are close enough, or when everyone else does!

We are planning a trip for next summer. I think I understand how to book my Fast Passes.

I have a question that may be breaking the rules--but was curious if anyone else has tried it. If I book a stay for 10 days, my FP window opens 60 days prior to day 1. But If I really only want to stay days 4-10, does it work to make FP for those days but then change the dates of my trip with Disney? Essentially, I'm booking a few days on the front ent I will not use in order to get earlier access to the FP system. But didn't know if it was worth it or if changing my trip dates would mess up my FP reservations.

We are planning a trip for next summer. I think I understand how to book my Fast Passes.

I have a question that may be breaking the rules--but was curious if anyone else has tried it. If I book a stay for 10 days, my FP window opens 60 days prior to day 1. But If I really only want to stay days 4-10, does it work to make FP for those days but then change the dates of my trip with Disney? Essentially, I'm booking a few days on the front ent I will not use in order to get earlier access to the FP system. But didn't know if it was worth it or if changing my trip dates would mess up my FP reservations.
You need a different thread
http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...before-posting.3218652/page-127#post-54339606

This is my first trip... I'm trying to sort all the fast pass & rider swap info. Some blog posts I've read make it seem like gaming the system and others say it's just common sense to not reserve fast passes for the 2nd adult in your party who will be participating in the rider swap. I've got 2 adults and a 48" child plus a 38' child and an infant so no matter what we have to do rider swap for the sake of minding the infant. Some rides only one child will ride with parents and some rides they'll both ride but if I don't book the same fast passes for both adults utilizing rider swap then I could potentially book other passes for different rides for adult #2... but then if the kids want to ride the rides with that adult they can't because they wont have a fast pass right? Or am I confusing things?

Right now both adults and both kids have the same fast passes but my reading has made me consider splitting the fast passes but I'm reluctant about what is okay and how it is supposed to work. Any experiences?

"We’ve checked with a number of Cast Members who have investigated for us, and according to them there is actually no policy on how the combination of FASTPASS/FastPass+ and Rider Switch should be used. Whether this means that Cast Members are free to decide how it should be used or not is uncertain. These occurrences are rare, but they still happen. We cannot say for certain that you will not encounter a problem if all of your party’s members do not have a FastPass+ reservation. Note that the Rider Switch “trade” is still a plus – the Rider Switch pass is good for at least the rest of the day you received it (whereas your FastPass+ will expire – possibly before you get to ride when the rest of your party returns), and is good for up to three guests including yourself, so you don’t have to ride alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter