FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our first time going with MDE and FP+. My wife set up the MDE account and the rest of the family is listed under Family and Friends. She has a 10 day hopper while I have an annual pass. Do I need to be "in charge" of the account to get the 7 day annual pass (once we have reached 30 days) window for booking? We are offsite this trip. Thanks for any help.

OP, can you please report back if you are able to book your 1st offsite day 60 days in advance vs 30? Thank you, and hope I'm wrong! I'd forgotten about the great "throwaway room" debate, so ckelly is likely correct and you'll be able to start booking again in 3 days :)
I just jumped in with a reply-onsite stay June 1-7, but was able to book FP+ for June 12 today (only have 5 day ticket currently so had to cancel out our epcot day FP+) - for the Star Wars shows, no less, that today appear to be all Tier 2 :)

I think you may be misunderstanding the 7 day window for AP's or I'm reading your question wrong. AP holders are not able to book 7 days from the 30 days out but are limited to having 7 days of FP's at any given time (within that month since that's how far you can book). So you will still need to book each day one day at a time 30 days out. You will be limited with the AP to only booking 7 days though total (one at a time) unless you are staying at a Disney resort (then it's length of stay). So you won't be able to book days 8-10 until you use day 1 (for day 8), 2 (for 9), etc.

To answer your original question (in case I misread) it should make no difference who is in charge of the account as long as the tickets/AP's are assigned within it. Either of you can make selections for the other (assuming you have her log-in information). Hope this helps!

This is our first time going with MDE and FP+. My wife set up the MDE account and the rest of the family is listed under Family and Friends. She has a 10 day hopper while I have an annual pass. Do I need to be "in charge" of the account to get the 7 day annual pass (once we have reached 30 days) window for booking? We are offsite this trip. Thanks for any help.

Park hopping question...if I'm doing AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon, can I book the 3 FP at HS and also get same-morning passes, one at a time, in AK? I'm thinking we would be better saving the FP for toy story, etc.

Or, will we need to use the standby line (hopefully not too long in the morning if going for extra magic early hour)?

Park hopping question...if I'm doing AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon, can I book the 3 FP at HS and also get same-morning passes, one at a time, in AK? I'm thinking we would be better saving the FP for toy story, etc.

Or, will we need to use the standby line (hopefully not too long in the morning if going for extra magic early hour)?
In this situation, you would need to ride SB at AK. You cannot get additional FPs until you have used your first 3. This is exactly what I would do, FWIW - save my FPs for park #2 and ride SB in the morning. You shouldn't need FPs before 11 am in most cases.

I apologize if this has been answered already (but come on, there are 127 pages in this thread!). I have heard rumor that at the 30-day mark, some more FPs are released for certain experiences (7DMT, A&E, etc). Anyone find this to be true? Even at 60-days I was not able to get everything that I wanted. I'm wondering if staying up until midnight would be worth it at the 30-day mark.

TIA!!!

I apologize if this has been answered already (but come on, there are 127 pages in this thread!). I have heard rumor that at the 30-day mark, some more FPs are released for certain experiences (7DMT, A&E, etc). Anyone find this to be true? Even at 60-days I was not able to get everything that I wanted. I'm wondering if staying up until midnight would be worth it at the 30-day mark.

TIA!!!
There was speculation early on that they might do this to make things more "fair" for offsite guests and AP holders, but there is no evidence at all that this is true. Often additional FPs are released if park hours are extended, which often happens around 30-days, but do not waste your time getting up at midnight 30 days out.

However, do keep checking, as FPs open up all the time as people rearrange plans. And you can watch this site for availability as well: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

TIA!!!

The first 2 posts tell you pretty much everything you need to know about FP+, and there's nothing there about additional FPs being released.

There was speculation early on that they might do this to make things more "fair" for offsite guests and AP holders, but there is no evidence at all that this is true. Often additional FPs are released if park hours are extended, which often happens around 30-days, but do not waste your time getting up at midnight 30 days out.

However, do keep checking, as FPs open up all the time as people rearrange plans. And you can watch this site for availability as well: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236
Thanks so much! I guess I'll just sleep through the night and keep checking during waking hours!

I got Anna & Elsa just by consistently checking BUT I got them by searching individually...not as a group.

I went on today and "played" with booking FP's for a day in May (my Window doesn't open until June). How do I delete them? I don't want to prevent someone else from getting them but I cannot find an option to delete or cancel them on the MDE website.

I went on today and "played" with booking FP's for a day in May (my Window doesn't open until June). How do I delete them? I don't want to prevent someone else from getting them but I cannot find an option to delete or cancel them on the MDE website.
Go back into your FP area of your MDE. Choose the "Modify" option and keep continuing through until you see Cancel as an option.

I apologize in advance....

Are Magic Bands automatically mailed once you "customize" them on the disney website??

Or do you need to purchase the tickets first?

Seems like a silly question but I'm finding conflicting answers.

Website asked me to customize once I booked our reservation. We have not purchased tickets yet.

Thanks!

Seems like a silly question but I'm finding conflicting answers.
Everyone with an onsite hotel/campsite reservation has MBs sent to them if they reside in the U.S. The MBs act as your room door key.

You should receive your MBs two weeks in advance of your trip whether or not you plan to enter any park.

Everyone with an onsite hotel/campsite reservation has MBs sent to them if they reside in the U.S. The MBs act as your room door key.

You should receive your MBs two weeks in advance of your trip whether or not you plan to enter any park.

Thanks!! That explains why it says 'you have until "...DATE..." to customize your magic bands....

Opinions needed, please. Both Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are listed as "B" priorities on the FP list. I currently have a FP for HM next Wednesday. Is Pirates the better standby line? Shorter waits in general? Per Easy WDW MK is most recommended and the overall crowds are estimated to be a 3.

Going by yesterday's wait times, I think I made the right choice ... I hate second-guessing myself. (My other FP that day are Meet Cinderella/Rapunzel and 7DMT.)

HM has an awesome SB queue, so I personally would FP Pirates instead. It has a good queue, too, though, and neither one of them probably need a FP. If there are folks in your party that want to ride Peter Pan or any of the mountains, you may want to switch to one of those if you can?
Opinions needed, please. Both Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are listed as "B" priorities on the FP list. I currently have a FP for HM next Wednesday. Is Pirates the better standby line? Shorter waits in general? Per Easy WDW MK is most recommended and the overall crowds are estimated to be a 3.

Going by yesterday's wait times, I think I made the right choice ... I hate second-guessing myself. (My other FP that day are Meet Cinderella/Rapunzel and 7DMT.)

HM has an awesome SB queue, so I personally would FP Pirates instead. It has a good queue, too, though, and neither one of them probably need a FP. If there are folks in your party that want to ride Peter Pan or any of the mountains, you may want to switch to one of those if you can?

Thanks for your feedback. We do have FP for both Peter Pan and Splash Mountain on 5/3... I may consider switching to Space Mountain instead if we don't manage to ride it standby on our first day. It's just my husband, myself and our 5-1/2 year old son who thus far has been afraid of "fast" rides. So we've been struggling a bit with FP picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter