• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another thread, a poster stated he could not manipulate SDFPs in his MDE account, but could at a kiosk. If you tapped the actual tickets at a kiosk, it would allow you to book Fastpasses. I'm not sure why MDE is not allowing you to book.

It works the next morning. Something in the system must clear overnight- both mornings since my first attempt after park close have worked.

It works the next morning. Something in the system must clear overnight- both mornings since my first attempt after park close have worked.
Thanks for confirming! I had been concerned about your 11th day but it appears all is well. Hope you're having a great time!

Since you HAVE to pick 3 FP+ what would you choose at Hollywood Studios for a 5-1/2 year old boy who is NOT into Frozen and won't ride most of the rides there--yet we'll be there for one evening and two mornings for character meals and to see Fantasmic (no package... just going to do standby). We'll do our best to get 1. TSMM and 2. Star Tours (hoping he won't be too afraid of it) but have no idea what to do for #3.

For our EPCOT day we're going to choose 1. Illuminations (just in case he isn't too tired to stay up), 2. Spaceship Earth and 3. Turtle Talk -- he is afraid of heights so no Soarin'.

At AK we'll likely choose: 1. Safari, 2. Lion King, 3. Nemo -- considered Kali River Rapids but not sure he'd go on it.

For MK we're going to try for the following (staying off site so I realize I may have to revise this):
Day 1: 1. Meet Ariel (my son's request), 2. Under the Sea Little Mermaid ride, 3. Festival of Fantasy parade
Day 2: 1. 7DMT (I realize this may be impossible), 2. Meet Tinkerbell (another request), 3. MSEP
Day 3: 1. Buzz Lightyear, 2. Tomorrowland Speedway, 3. Haunted Mansion

Since you HAVE to pick 3 FP+ what would you choose at Hollywood Studios for a 5-1/2 year old boy who is NOT into Frozen and won't ride most of the rides there--yet we'll be there for one evening and two mornings for character meals and to see Fantasmic (no package... just going to do standby). We'll do our best to get 1. TSMM and 2. Star Tours (hoping he won't be too afraid of it) but have no idea what to do for #3.

For our EPCOT day we're going to choose 1. Illuminations (just in case he isn't too tired to stay up), 2. Spaceship Earth and 3. Turtle Talk -- he is afraid of heights so no Soarin'.

At AK we'll likely choose: 1. Safari, 2. Lion King, 3. Nemo -- considered Kali River Rapids but not sure he'd go on it.

For MK we're going to try for the following (staying off site so I realize I may have to revise this):
Day 1: 1. Meet Ariel (my son's request), 2. Under the Sea Little Mermaid ride, 3. Festival of Fantasy parade
Day 2: 1. 7DMT (I realize this may be impossible), 2. Meet Tinkerbell (another request), 3. MSEP

I guess Muppets, Indiana Jones, or Lights Motors Action. All are virtually worthless, but if any of those appeal to him at all....

This may have been already asked, but can you set up Fastpasses for one park early on in the planning process, but then modify and change them to a different park if you choose to go to another park instead?

This may have been already asked, but can you set up Fastpasses for one park early on in the planning process, but then modify and change them to a different park if you choose to go to another park instead?

Absolutely. But you have to change all three to be in the same park.

Jungle Cruise is supposed to open the last full day of our trip and I was hoping to fastpass it. My window opened last night and I booked everything, but Jungle Cruise showed as already booked up on that day and down for repairs on the other days. Do they only release a small amount of fastpass+ for a ride on re-opening day or did it just book up that fast? Is it possible that they will release more fastpass down the road?

Jungle Cruise is supposed to open the last full day of our trip and I was hoping to fastpass it. My window opened last night and I booked everything, but Jungle Cruise showed as already booked up on that day and down for repairs on the other days. Do they only release a small amount of fastpass+ for a ride on re-opening day or did it just book up that fast? Is it possible that they will release more fastpass down the road?

I would love to know the answers to your questions as well. :goodvibes

[Additional/Day-Of FP+

1. One additional FP+ can be selected per guest, subject to availability, at an in-park kiosk once the 3 prebooked ones are used or expire. When that FP+ is used, another FP+ can be scheduled and used (and so on).

you said that once the 3 prebooked are used or expire. so do i actually have to use all three before i can get a 4th? my thinking is,lets say for example that at epcot with the tiering that if i booked us a Test Track for 9, mission space for 10 and figment for 11, all early in the morning, we could then go get a soarin FP. are you saying i could use my test trach for 9, go walk around the world until noon and not use the other two fast passes and then go at 12 and try to get one for soaring for later in the day? mind you we go in september so there is a chance a FP could still be availiable at that time. im just trying to understand this because last year when we went i just took our bagic bands to the green mickey head thing and just redeemed them so we could go get another but if we could let it expire that would be even better.

I'm wondering if maybe they don't release FPs for closed rides until they're absolutely positive about the re-open date. I mean, there would be a lot of unhappy people if they got a FP for the day Jungle Cruise was supposed to re-open, but due to some unforeseen delay, it didn't.

[Additional/Day-Of FP+

1. One additional FP+ can be selected per guest, subject to availability, at an in-park kiosk once the 3 prebooked ones are used or expire. When that FP+ is used, another FP+ can be scheduled and used (and so on).

you said that once the 3 prebooked are used or expire. so do i actually have to use all three before i can get a 4th? my thinking is,lets say for example that at epcot with the tiering that if i booked us a Test Track for 9, mission space for 10 and figment for 11, all early in the morning, we could then go get a soarin FP. are you saying i could use my test trach for 9, go walk around the world until noon and not use the other two fast passes and then go at 12 and try to get one for soaring for later in the day? mind you we go in september so there is a chance a FP could still be availiable at that time. im just trying to understand this because last year when we went i just took our bagic bands to the green mickey head thing and just redeemed them so we could go get another but if we could let it expire that would be even better.

You have to use them or wait for them to expire.

[Additional/Day-Of FP+

Yes,your thinking is correct, subject to the availability of Soarin' after 12 pm. Possible, but not probable. Once your existing FPs are used OR expired, you can schedule a 4th, which is not subject to any tiering regulations.

I'd go with a FP+ for Muppets at HS but definitely go see the Lights Motor Action show, he'll love it! :)

How hard do you guys think Wishes will be now? We are going in August and I would like it for arrival night. If not I'll try for another day.

@mesaboy2 I have used my old bands to book kiosk FPs in park. On my next trip, I will have an extra night and also have one set of hard tickets outside of the package. Would I be best to tie the one night and hard tickets to my old bands or would that only still entitle me to one days worth of FP+s.
If I did not have a hotel stay, and tied the hard tickets to my old bands, could I then book 7 days worth of FP+s on that account? Or would it max me at one.
Thanks!

@mesaboy2 I have used my old bands to book kiosk FPs in park. On my next trip, I will have an extra night and also have one set of hard tickets outside of the package. Would I be best to tie the one night and hard tickets to my old bands or would that only still entitle me to one days worth of FP+s.
If I did not have a hotel stay, and tied the hard tickets to my old bands, could I then book 7 days worth of FP+s on that account? Or would it max me at one.
Thanks!

Nothing is "on" your Magic Bands, they're just a link to access the information on your MDE account. So what you have then is 2 tickets on your MDE account that can be accessed by any Magic Bands that you happen to have. Normally, you can book FP+ for the number of days you have tickets for, but I'm not sure how it works if your stay is for fewer days than you have tickets for.

If a park closes at 9 pm what's the last slot for FP+?

I think I read that you can't book a FP past 845 (so no 8-9 slot) at Epcot?

Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter