• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastest way to get from Beach Club to DHS

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
The options (at least as far as I know)...

*by bus
*by foot
*by boat
*our own car

I have to say that while we'll have our car there, I'm really not a fan of driving while at WDW...plus time in the parking lot will also eat up time...but we'd consider it if this is the fastest option. I also know it's supposed to be a nice walk, but since we're really not stopping to smell the roses I don't know if it's worth going this route. I know lots of people love the boat, but not sure how frequently they run and if we'd be better off on the bus. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

If you don't have to wait for a boat, then the boat is faster. If you do, I would think walking would be faster. Half of my family walked and 1/2 took the boat -- the walkers started first but the boat came quickly and we got to DHS at the same time.

I don't think there is a bus to DHS from the BC.

Never tried to drive it, since the boat gets you close to the front entrance and we hate looking for parking, etc.

There is no bus from BC to DHS.

True, the boats do run a little slow and if you have to wait -- walking will at least keep you moving and not sitting there waiting saying, "This is so painfully slow, we should have walked!"

The last few trips, we actually have just driven over to DHS. If you head out of the parking lot, driving toward BW, you just do straight through the light and into the parking lot.

We don't take the tram, however, we just walk up on the side with the walkway and enter near Guest Services. There is a bag check there and even with a line, it is nothing compared to how long it takes to go through bag check when the boat lets out at the main entrance before park opening.

I'm not sure how fast it is but we love taking the boat. We have small children too and they really enjoy the boat trip. Even when we have to wait, it's painless...and the best is that it is direct...

I agree with the timing thing. If there's a boat waiting for you, then it's likely faster, but if you've just missed the boat or something, then walking. You may also be able to hop on the boat later on depending on your time. You just have to make sure you get on going to right way.

The "fastest" is probably walking because you can control the speed. It's about one mile from the BC to DHS, so not a short walk, but not a really long one. Most people say they do it in about 25 minutes. The boat should take about the same amount of time (including stops at S/D) because the travel time is about 35 minutes from Epcot to DHS (stops at BW before BC/YC), but might take longer if you have to wait for the boat.

Personally, I would take the boat because you already have to do so much walking in WDW, why tire yourself out on the walk to the park...I'd rather conserve the energy for the time in the park! :)

As PPs have said, there are no buses from the Epcot resorts to DHS or Epcot. The only time buses run are when there are no boats (e.g., lightning storms prevent the boats from running).

We will be at BC this December. Since I will have a stroller to push around, I am planning to just drive to DHS (for rope drop.) But if we go there later in the day, I will take the boat.

I love the walk. It is much quicker and it is a good time to chat with your family.

Here's the deal with the boat versus walking.

If you come out of the Beach Club and see the boat coming from Epcot and heading over to the Boardwalk or is at the Boardwalk dock, then take the boat since it will head to the Yacht/Beach Club right after the Boardwalk. If you don't see a boat at all or you see one heading towards the Swan/Dolphin, then walk.

And if you decide on the boat, make sure you can get out to the end of the dock before the boat pulls away.

And I agree with being in a hurry. Not quite sure why you need to be but if that's your decision, that's your decision.

After our 1st trip and taking the boat, we always drive.

That year we got caught in a thunderstorm with lightning, the boats weren't running, busses never showed up (busses were supposed to be running because the boats could not), and I did not want to chance the walk back in a storm with a 3 yr old and 7 yr old.

There is normally no bus service from BC to DHS, only the boats.

We go in September, so it is usually blazing hot.....not a great scenario for walking with kids!

The drive is only a couple of minutes, parking has always been easy, and we only have to rely on ourselves! ;)

No bus. So, that's out. The boat will take about 18-20 mins. I do know that the time my friend and I left the International Gateway at the same time the boat was leaving, we beat it to DHS by about 8 mins. The boat got to BW about a min before we did. But, then the last we saw of the boat was it heading over to YC/BC. The next time we saw it, we were at the bag check area and the boat was just coming around the bend, to the DHS dock. My friend and I probably move a wee bit faster than the norm, but we are running!!
Driving is probably the quickest, but it all depends on where in the parking lot you end up. You may very well have to use the tram, or face a lengthy walk.

I wouldn't walk just because I get tired enough walking the parks. The boat could be a long wait but we liked the boat. Driving was the fastest and perhaps the easiest - and we could put a cooler in the car with some ice and water there waiting for us to have on the way back - always nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter