Fast passes

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by eeyorefanuk, Sep 16, 2009.

1. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Hello again

I assume since staying on disney property we get given fast passes???

A girl I work with (who stayed offsite) said she bought some fast passes when she arrived in orlando this year.

Does anyone buy these as well as having the free ones from disney?

Just thinking if we are going in August going to be very busy, so is it worth getting a second lot?

If so any idea of cost???

:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Scrap_Vamp

Scrap_Vamp DIS Veteran

Please don't buy any "FastPasses" that claim to be for Disney! Universal sells an Express Pass, but Disney's FastPass system is free to anyone who visits their parks.

The difference is that you put your park ticket into a machine that gives you a FastPass ticket with a time window to come back and ride via the Fast Pass queue. When the time stated on the bottom of the ticket comes round, you can get a Fast Pass for another ride.

But the main thing is, you don't have to pay for Disney Fast Passes at all!

4. SammieG

SammieG <font color=royalblue>I think i will have a teenag

you may be getting confused with Paris.. as they do give you some fast passes if u stay at certain hotels...
    but as Jen said, Disney fast passes are free! dont let anyone tell you anything else. I expect your friend was talking about universal....

5. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Ah, probably she got confused.

So what is the express pass in universal please ? :thumbsup2

6. Scrap_Vamp

Scrap_Vamp DIS Veteran

And I just wanted to add, our trip this year was three weeks in August - even though it is a busy time of year, the crowds are manageable if you do earlier in the mornings and later in the evenings, with a break in the middle of the day.

We did use FastPasses but for the first hour and a half in the morning you can get on most things with minimal wait - similarly late in the evening (as August opening hours are usually quite late).

7. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

One thing I wondered and please do not laugh, but if they EMH in the park after the normal closing time, how do they keep only the people staying in the hotels in the park :lmao:

Do you find that you can get the EMH in the mornings quite frequently as well??

8. Scrap_Vamp

Scrap_Vamp DIS Veteran

For EMH in the evenings, when it comes to the time that the EMH starts, they start asking you to show your room key (which is a card) at the entrance to the queues.

They used to have wristbands but they discontinued those a while ago.

And in August you will find that one of the parks has am EMH almost every day :thumbsup2

Our favourite EMH this trip were evenings at Animal Kingdom, as the animals are more active, and there seem to be fewer people around. We walked onto Everest twice in a row and probably could have done it 5 or 6 times in the last half an hour if we had wanted to!