Fast passes being enforced

rastuso said:
And who knows, for "security reasons", if a 40 year old man walks through, and the CM's iPad says their band is that of a girl, that could raise a flag, since the CM wouldn't know if the band was stolen.
I imagine that the ride CMs have better things to do than run an ID check on every bandholder that walks into the FP queue.
Losing a band will become a BIG DEAL.
Losing a band is a very minor deal since practically the only thing that the finder would be able to do withy it is use the FP return line if they knew your return window. I guess that they could get PP pics taken, also, but they'd be tied to the owners account making the miscreant easy to ID. It should be noted that the bands have no personal info on them and will be easily replaceable.
It becomes similar to you saying it's OK for her to use your admission ticket for the day, even though her finger doesn't match the info on the ticket. Will they allow that?
It is nothing like that since the finder would not be able to enter a park with a found band.

d1gitman said:
so i wonder, does Disney actually define the word 'transferrable' in the 'non-transferable' clause on FP's? i ask because it seems some get on i high horse regarding giving away FP's or heaven forbid, having another person be a FP runners.
FP runners do not violate the non-transferable clause because the FP is used by the person for which it was issued. The mere fact that another person held it for a period does not transfer it's ownership.

FP runners do not violate the non-transferable clause because the FP is used by the person for which it was issued. The mere fact that another person held it for a period does not transfer it's ownership.

I was wondering why the thread headed in that direction. A person using other peoples tickets to pick up their FP and then give it to them, is not a transfer, it's just a convenience. The person gets the exact same FP they would have it they had been standing in line. Nothing transferred at all. Even using someone elses FP is of absolutely no concern to Disney and it shouldn't be. They don't charge for it. No one stole anything and the same number of FP riders went through the gate and that is all they care about. If they even care about that.

You will need to be more specific because you are making generalized Disney assertions. Are you just talking about WDW? Because you know that DISNEY just opened Carsland in DL.

Yes they are talking about WDW. Is this the Disneyland section of the DIS? No....it's not.

So I guess the whole Fantasy Land Extension has been a failure in your eyes?

I don't know. Fantasy Land Extension sounds like something I would see advertised on an infomercial at 2 am. I think the expansion has delighted and disappointed. IMHO I think people expected more out of WDW than what it ended up being. There are a lot of people that are disappointed with it, and that is a fact. If we were on the Disneyland section of the DIS you would be fully aware that Under the Sea ride is a clone of their ride with the exception of the que. It's pretty much a walk on out West. I will give you credit though...the new bathrooms that open next week do look pretty cool.

Soarin is most definitely an E Ticket attraction. And TT was refurbed lately but apparently people dont like the changes but still would be considered by many to be an E-ticket attraction

Snorin' most definitely used to look like an E-ticket attraction and appears to still attract people. Unfortunately it's quality has soured many many people. DISNEY could get a little respect if they would take the time to replace the screen and update to digital. I'm pretty sure their concerns and billions were focused on other areas. It's simple things like that make me lose more faith in them by the day.

TSMM would be considered an E-Ticket attraction and not because of being a Wii game as you claim but its an attraction that the whole family can enjoy together.

That ride makes my arm hurt and I think it should immediately by removed!:thumbsup2 Or if we were on the Disneyland part of the board you know that the wait and pandemonium aren't nearly as extreme as they are at WDW. I think the longest wait we saw was 30 minutes. The reason being, DISNEY hasn't invested in anything else for "the entire family to enjoy" at MGM...err DHS.

Two different demographics. Disney isnt trying to be in an "arms race" with Universal.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.......you really don't get this do you? DISNEY is very aware of what is happening in the Orlando theme park world. While they continue to rest on their laurels (and nasty Snorin' screen) the other parks have invested in themselves and have DISNEY very aware of their existence. Both Universal and Seaworld have attractions opening soon (and slightly more complicated than the Dwarf train) that have people genuinely excited. Trust me....DISNEY is pulling up the rear in the "arms race".

And the guests love Enchanted Story Time with Belle. Be our Guest is booked solid. They have added a second Dumbo and changed the queue waiting scheme. You have no idea whats in the works and how long it would take Disney to build an attraction. You cant extrapolate the time it is taking the Mine Train to be built on any future construction projects. Keep in mind that the Mine Train is not a one off attraction in an existing land. It was part of a new expansion land and the timing of construction may have been delayed as part of a phased opening of other attractions in FLE. You dont have the information base to make those assertions or assumptions. It is definitely not as simplistic as you make it sound.

In order of appearance:

They haven't waited 90 minutes in a 90 degree day with no cover to get inside only to see someone else's kids get to play with cardboard cutouts and a Wardrobe that sometimes works. Personally, that is not the Disney I grew up with and find it disappointing.

Dumbo looks cool and can't really argue with that. I do have a problem with the Splash Zone, though. I hope responsible parents read the warnings to kids not to swallow the water that they are being drowned with because it is non potable.

Just curious. How old are you? You say "we" in the above. Have you even spent any money on admission?

Personally, I first went to DISNEY at the ripe old age of 6 in 1972. I did not spend money on admission back then but my Dad did. It cost $1.25 for my admission ticket and $4 for my 7 Adventure ticket book. I am having flashbacks in the year 2013 except for the ridiculous cost, of course.

They just didnt spend 1 Billion on FP+. It was part of the larger My Magic initiative. Time will bear out on your predictions.

And since you brought up that other park....they also spent the same on that improvement. Which seems to get a more positive response?

Again, please return once FP+ has been in place for 6 months to a year and lets compare notes then

Oh, we will:thumbsup2

It's funny how things go in groups.

Now there are several FP themed threads all on the front page of TPA&S, sometimes there are several about love bugs, or inclement weather, or WDW changing their maintenance schedules so as to not inconvience a family's trip.

Just an observation.

What's the next trend?

I vote. . .
madras shorts, for, or against

Apparently there are two groups of Disney visitors. Those that go to take it all in, and are happy to spend their day spending lots more money on food, watching parades, and hitting a few D tickets.

The other group, the one I'm for sure in, feels that when they drop a few hundred for their family to go somewhere for the day, the last thing they want to do is spend that time eating overpriced food, or watching a parade for an hour. For a 12 hour day, I'm paying about $25 an hour for us to be there. We want rides. The BIG ones! And as many as possible.

That's why to me, losing a band would be a BIG deal, becuase you are losing your E ticket ride, possibly. If we are relegated to one E FP, the value of that ride becomes tremendous, simply because that is the biggest entertainment provider, and we can't get another one without an hour wait for a ride we've ridden dozens of times. If a visit goes from getting 4-5 E ticket rides, plus everything else, to 1-2 E tickets, that is an ENORMOUS loss of value to the folks in my group. And a fanccy App isn't going to address that.

To the people in the first group, it has no impact. And to the first timer, who really doesn't even know what it used to be like, they will be ignorant to it.

I'm looking forward to the new FL, but it's definitely not a vacation maker, even with the small coaster addition.

And I refuse to say that TSMM is an E ticket. There is a park in Europe that uses the same ride system, and it supposedly blows TSMM away. An E ticket is the best of the best, and unique to Disney. TSMM is a 3 minute long arcade game. I mean, really, TSMM could easly be a stationary arcade game, two seats, two shooters, and it goes through the 5 scenes. And the experience would be EXACTLY the same. They could sell an enclosed two seater cabinet with the same size screen appearance for $10-15k each That's not an E ticket.

And Universal totally redid Spider-man, it just didn't advertise it like it was the greatest new thing. Disney has been squeezing every last drop out of the whole resort for a long time now. And instead of new capital, they are adding a fancy wristband that will have a few neat features, but it's not something that will bring people in. It's something that they think will extract more money from the same people.

As I get older, I realize going on the same vacation over and over just makes them blend together, and I ask myself "why did I spend thousands on a vacation that created no real new memories, just similar ones to the last 3 trips"

The WDW parks are really stagnant. REALLY stagnant. Splash opened over 20 years ago. The MK has refreshed a few things in that time, but no major addition until the new FL, which is out of our demographic, since we dont' have a little girl.

And a new system limiting our BIG rides sure as hell isn't going to get us there. And I can't wait to compare notes after FP+ rolls out. It's an absolute impossibility that it will improve the number of rides a savvy visitor will get. Anyone used to using FP to it's fullest is facing probably a 50% reduction in E ticket rides without using standby.

But I must thank Disboards for allowing debate on the topic. Theme Park Review is now removing any anti-Disney posts.

-R

Now there are several FP themed threads all on the front page of TPA&S, sometimes there are several about love bugs, or inclement weather, or WDW changing their maintenance schedules so as to not inconvience a family's trip.

Just an observation.

What's the next trend?

I vote. . .

For!! :cheer2:

Just an observation.

What's the next trend?

I vote. . .

I'm not sure! Would they make my butt look fat? Or would the fat on my butt make the madras look like a picnic table cover? All things to consider!

I'm looking forward to the new FL, but it's definitely not a vacation maker, even with the small coaster addition.

And Universal totally redid Spider-man, it just didn't advertise it like it was the greatest new thing. Disney has been squeezing every last drop out of the whole resort for a long time now. And instead of new capital, they are adding a fancy wristband that will have a few neat features, but it's not something that will bring people in. It's something that they think will extract more money from the same people.

As I get older, I realize going on the same vacation over and over just makes them blend together, and I ask myself "why did I spend thousands on a vacation that created no real new memories, just similar ones to the last 3 trips"

The WDW parks are really stagnant. REALLY stagnant. Splash opened over 20 years ago. The MK has refreshed a few things in that time, but no major addition until the new FL, which is out of our demographic, since we dont' have a little girl.

And a new system limiting our BIG rides sure as hell isn't going to get us there. And I can't wait to compare notes after FP+ rolls out. It's an absolute impossibility that it will improve the number of rides a savvy visitor will get. Anyone used to using FP to it's fullest is facing probably a 50% reduction in E ticket rides without using standby.

But I must thank Disboards for allowing debate on the topic. Theme Park Review is now removing any anti-Disney posts.

-R

It's fairly obvious that "little girls" are Disney's big money makers. At some point we all have to decide if Disney is still offering us enough to make it worth our time and money. I'm at the beginning of my Disney journey now (been married less than 5 years with a 2 year old son) and I imagine Disney will still have plenty to offer me in 10 years from now...maybe even 20 or 30 (my siblings will have kids, then my kids will have kids). I'm not all about going for the E-tickets though. I LOVE just about every aspect of Disney, and could easily have an enjoyable vacation without riding a single roller coaster. In fact, on our last vacation, we didn't ride very many, because we were traveling with a 3 month old, so riding the E-tickets meant riding apart. Most of the stuff we did without him was while he was sleeping...
The same thing will be true for our trip in April. Our goal will be to spend time as a family, and while we probably will do some stuff without the shorty, our focus will be the things we can do together.

We don't always do Disney, but it's certainly the most comprehensive vacation we can do right now.

No other park has so many attractions that the WHOLE family can enjoy. That's what Disney does best.
Change always alienates someone.

Also, these threads do tend to get closed on here, usually when people start attacking each other.

I don't know about the billion spent on FP but it's always worked for us. We always returned during the time allowed and if we could not use them, we discarded them! In my mind it's no different than that deli number, you wait till your number is called! If you change your mind mid wait, you do not give your number to someone who's just arrived and put them ahead of all those who've been waiting!

How will the new FP system work, I guess we wait and see!

I'm not sure! Would they make my butt look fat?

P.S. Madras shorts make everybody's butts look fat!

Apparently there are two groups of Disney visitors. Those that go to take it all in, and are happy to spend their day spending lots more money on food, watching parades, and hitting a few D tickets.

The other group, the one I'm for sure in, feels that when they drop a few hundred for their family to go somewhere for the day, the last thing they want to do is spend that time eating overpriced food, or watching a parade for an hour. For a 12 hour day, I'm paying about $25 an hour for us to be there. We want rides. The BIG ones! And as many as possible.

That's why to me, losing a band would be a BIG deal, becuase you are losing your E ticket ride, possibly. If we are relegated to one E FP, the value of that ride becomes tremendous, simply because that is the biggest entertainment provider, and we can't get another one without an hour wait for a ride we've ridden dozens of times. If a visit goes from getting 4-5 E ticket rides, plus everything else, to 1-2 E tickets, that is an ENORMOUS loss of value to the folks in my group. And a fanccy App isn't going to address that.

To the people in the first group, it has no impact. And to the first timer, who really doesn't even know what it used to be like, they will be ignorant to it.

And I refuse to say that TSMM is an E ticket. There is a park in Europe that uses the same ride system, and it supposedly blows TSMM away. An E ticket is the best of the best, and unique to Disney. TSMM is a 3 minute long arcade game. I mean, really, TSMM could easly be a stationary arcade game, two seats, two shooters, and it goes through the 5 scenes. And the experience would be EXACTLY the same. They could sell an enclosed two seater cabinet with the same size screen appearance for $10-15k each That's not an E ticket.

-R
That's some post. It's too bad that it's all based on supposition and a misunderstanding of how the 'magic band' works at it's most basic level.

I was wondering why the thread headed in that direction. A person using other peoples tickets to pick up their FP and then give it to them, is not a transfer, it's just a convenience. The person gets the exact same FP they would have it they had been standing in line. Nothing transferred at all. Even using someone elses FP is of absolutely no concern to Disney and it shouldn't be. They don't charge for it. No one stole anything and the same number of FP riders went through the gate and that is all they care about. If they even care about that.

Exactly. Using a FP runner is not transferring the FP. Not only is there absolutely nothing wrong with one person retrieving the FPs for their entire party, it is preferable... Why would you want the queue for the FP kiosk to be more crowded? Having one person collect the FPs is more efficient and keeps the area from being a mob. In fact, when I visited DCA, the CMs and signs DIRECTED that one person should collect World of Color FPs for their entire party. They would only let one person per party INTO the FP kiosk queue. This practice is not rule breaking. It is common sense.

I disagree with some earlier posts, but it seems we do agree on this point. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter