Fast pass test and Magical Express...

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Charleyann, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ldnon

ldnon Earning My Ears

My Fastpass+ options show Standby for Wishes, but is grayed out, and I can't select it.

This would be my first choice if available.
    Does anyone know what area is reserved for Wishes?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommycal

mommycal Mouseketeer

so if I pick say space mtn and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. can I go back in and change my selections after? and pick 2 other rides?

4. levenhopper

levenhopper DIS Veteran

Yes. You can revise your picks until you use them.

5. MDChris

MDChris Ready for Vacation!

Mommycal - have you tried your reservation number on your yellow ME tags? That worked for my sister in-law today. Worth a shot!:stir:

6. Ferrentinos

Ferrentinos DIS Veteran

I guess we didn't get the pixie dust either... Tried our ME number without any luck. I called and were told that we aren't eligible without the email. Boo!!! We are there from the 9th until the 12th. Oh well.....

7. CaliKT

CaliKT Mouseketeer

We're also staying Dec. 8-14, but we're staying Deluxe... but still didn't get to participate in the trial, either.

Gotta admit -- I'm pretty bummed! Annoyed that we're going to be there the whole time of the trial but not get to participate.

8. mommycal

mommycal Mouseketeer

YES. thank you so much. It worked. Is that a glitch or we just haven't rec'd the invite yet?!? Almost seems too good to be true!!! But I did sign up.

What is everyone signing up for?????

9. Charleyann

Charleyann <font color=purple>Someone spilled the beans<br><f

I copied and paste straight from the email from Disney.....

Charleyann

10. Charleyann

Charleyann <font color=purple>Someone spilled the beans<br><f

I haven't received an email either:badpc: what is everyone signing up for ?

Charleyann

11. czmom

czmom DIS Veteran

My cards came in the mail today. I never got an email, just tried entering my confirmation number on the fastpass website. They are like credit cards and have our names on them already.

12. Laketravis

Laketravis This avatar sponsored by: FastPass+

I got the email this morning - and when I got home tonight the actual Fast Pass cards (shaped like credit cards) where in the mail.

Went online, setup an account, and was able to pick 4 things to get Fast Passes for in the MK on one day, and 3 things for HS on another day.

Decided the best use of the MK FP's was to reserve preferred seating for two Parades (Mickeys and ELP in front of the castle) and Wishes (in an area near the Tomorrowland terrace).

Then reserved fast passes for another day in HS for TSM for 10-11a, ToT for 11a-noon, and Star Wars for noon-1p.

It's prettty cool how the website works and how you can adjust the times/events/attractions you've chosen.

The reason I decided not to "waste" the MK allotments on things like Space Mountain or Dumbo is because when we go it's not an issue getting fast passes for those things anyway. Last year, we went on SM something like 10 times in a row with no waiting. Figured I'd see what all this "preferred viewing" is like for the parades and Wishes.

13. ashleyasiegel

ashleyasiegel Mouseketeer

The passes arrived in the mail today for us. Too bad we arrive in the afternoon of the 14th so we probably won't be able to take advantage as we didn't plan to go to MK or HS on the 15th.

14. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Does anyone know where the FP+ seating for MSEP is? Wondering if we could stay for Wishes afterward.

15. levenhopper

levenhopper DIS Veteran

FP+ seating for the afternoon parade is in front of Cinderella's castle. I'm not sure if its the same for MSEP or not.

16. Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

sorry, never mind

17. levenhopper

levenhopper DIS Veteran

I'm at AoA, and I got two parks (MK on the 14th, DHS on the 15th).

18. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Anyone care to join me in predicting the future of "FP postings" here on the DISboards?

19. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Not funny, because I would totally do this, lol. :rotfl: I hope something works out for you! :hug: I would *LOVE* to be picked for this!!! :goodvibes

~WOW! J.J., didn't you also win a trip last year or something, and now you get picked to test FastPass+?! pixiedust: Anyway to answer your question, from what I've read and based on past administered FP+ tests, you will be able to get other FP's! Participating in the FastPass+ trial will have no impact on your ability to acquire regular fastpasses as usual! That's a super nice bonus! Congrats on all that pixie dust! Have a fabulous trip! :dance3:

Yay!!! That's so nice, thanks for sharing this! I'm very excited for you. Have a great trip!!! :yay:

~That so awesome! I'm so glad to hear that this is simple! It sounds like a lot of fun, too! Have a great trip! :cheer2:

~Yay! I'm so excited for you and all of the other lucky participants!!! :cool1:

~Wow! Congrats on the pixie dust!!! :cool1:

~I am just overwhelmed with all of the excitement in this thread! I'm so happy for all of the super fortunate people who got picked to test FP+! I would just *LOVE* to be chosen for something like this!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous trip & I am looking forward to hearing the reviews! If this is anything like the last trial, the reviews should be great, if not better! I'm sure Disney is continuing to tweak FP+ with each test. Have fun!!!
    party: party: party:

20. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

As far as I can tell you seem to be in the pool if you are registered on DME in the window *in either direction*. We arrive on DME on the 3rd, switch resorts on the 11th and return in DME on the 15th. And I got cards in the mail yesterday for the second resort which only has return DME.

Actually I only got cards for one room. If the others don't arrive by tomorrow I'll pick them up at MK.

21. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

That's great!