Fast Pass question RE: Nemo submarine voyage

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
Now that Nemo has been open almost a year, has the fervor died down a bit? I was wondering what people were doing for fast pass strategies now, and does Nemo have FP? Plan to be there when park opens, unfortunately on an early entry day which we are not eligible for. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Now that Nemo has been open almost a year, has the fervor died down a bit? I was wondering what people were doing for fast pass strategies now, and does Nemo have FP? Plan to be there when park opens, unfortunately on an early entry day which we are not eligible for. Any suggestions? Thanks!

It's still crazy lines (we were there last week). We did Nemo as suggested on the board, during EE - first thing after arriving at security at 6:30 and power walking to the line. We were on the 2nd sub! We also went during the fireworks (because some friends joined us and they wanted to ride it) and it was about a 1/2 hour wait.

There is no FP for this ride.

If it's a Magic Morning day and you don't have MM, then definitely do not try and go for Nemo in the morning. Get there still early, but tour the left side of the park (Indy, Pirates, Splash, HM, BTMRR) in the morning because Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rides will already have lines. If you really want to ride Nemo, try in the evening around fireworks/Fantasmic time or even around dinner time. If those don't work out, ride it at park closing. As long as you enter the ride's line before closing, they will let you ride, no matter how long the line is.

No FP for Nemo. I was there last Saturday (6/14/08) and arrived at 8:30. We probably didn't get to Nemo until about 9:00. The wait was 25 minutes.

Don't expect FP there ever, either. The logic stated here is that it's too slow of a loading ride for fastpass to be feasable.

If it's a Magic Morning day and you don't have MM, then definitely do not try and go for Nemo in the morning. Get there still early, but tour the left side of the park (Indy, Pirates, Splash, HM, BTMRR) in the morning because Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rides will already have lines. If you really want to ride Nemo, try in the evening around fireworks/Fantasmic time or even around dinner time. If those don't work out, ride it at park closing. As long as you enter the ride's line before closing, they will let you ride, no matter how long the line is.

I agree 100%.

Don't ever torment yourself by doing FL or Nemo at park opening when the park has been open an hour before you're allowed to go in.

We are going on a Thursday and Friday. Thursday has MM, but since we bought two day tickets we don't. I was thinking that maybe we would be there at opening, skip Nemo since we don't have MM, and do BTMRR, POTC, Indy, etc. (left side of the park first). Then on Saturday, before DCA opens, hit Nemo at rope drop, then go back to DCA. Does that sound like the best way to do it?
Thanks!
Melanie

Lanie, do you mean on *Friday* hit Nemo, then go over to DCA? If you're taking a day between, Saturday is MM as well. I'm thinking you mean Friday.

If so, then that's a good idea.

But also don't discount the idea of going back and forth on Thursday later in the day...DCA is a great park, and can sort of refresh you after several hours of DL.:goodvibes

Yes, I mean Friday. I just wanted to get a "start" plan for each day and go from there. Since the MM is Thursday, but the kids really want to go there on Thursday, I thought a plan without Nemo would be good and then plan Nemo for 1st thing Friday. I am sure we will park hop depending on crowds, rides, etc. I just wanted to get a start plan for each day.
Thanks!

Lines are still just as bad as last June when we were there. Two weeks ago we only got to ride it once, and that was with lining up extra early at the gates (non MM day), and making the mad dash over to the ride. Otherwise the line was always long.

No fast pass. But I don't think there should be either. It's just a slow loading (and unloading) ride. I think FP would just make the lines worse.

Someone mentioned that they rode during the fireworks and it was a 1/2 hour wait. That would seem to indicate that the lines have died down from last year. At this time last year, it was over an hour wait no matter what time of day you got in line, including during the fireworks.

We are going on a Thursday and Friday. Thursday has MM, but since we bought two day tickets we don't. I was thinking that maybe we would be there at opening, skip Nemo since we don't have MM, and do BTMRR, POTC, Indy, etc. (left side of the park first). Then on Friday, before DCA opens, hit Nemo at rope drop, then go back to DCA. Does that sound like the best way to do it?
Thanks!
Melanie

Melanie, I agree with this, but begin your FP collecting EARLY on each day. (imo have a runner pick up an Indy FP on Thurs. at rope drop while the rest of you walk to BTMRR or get in line at Indy.....& on Friday, have a runner pick up a FP at SM while the family walks purposefully to Nemo.

In each case the runner should easily be able to "catch up" with the family. On both days you should try to have 3-5 FPs from DL the first 2.5 - 3 hours. (or 2-3 FPs the first 90 min. if you're bailing for DCA after 90 min.) Save the FPs for the evening....you'll need them....especially on Friday.

Have fun.

Melanie, I agree with this, but begin your FP collecting EARLY on each day. (imo have a runner pick up an Indy FP on Thurs. at rope drop while the rest of you walk to BTMRR or get in line at Indy.....& on Friday, have a runner pick up a FP at SM while the family walks purposefully to Nemo.

You read my mind! This is exactly what I had planned. Thanks for the help!
Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter