Fast Pass for 24 hour event May 22nd

V2000

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Which shows offer fast pass? Where do I get them? :magnify:
They will probably run out early. Any guesses as to what time they will sell out?

I looked up the Dining Packages for fast passes but they are booked up already.

Of the nighttime entertainment only F! and WoC have FPs. F! FPs are distributed on Big Thunder Trail, close to the ranch. WoC's FPs are distributed at Grizzly Rapids. There is a WoC at 3:00 am, but I don't know if that one will have a FP (I can't remember from last year). Both F! showings should use the FP system. I would guess FPs are likely to run out mid to late morning for F! (depending on crowds). I don't have as good a sense about WoC, but I would guess mid-morning or earlier (especially if they only distribute FPs for the first show) because a new show is debuting.

Of the nighttime entertainment only F! and WoC have FPs. F! FPs are distributed on Big Thunder Trail, close to the ranch. WoC's FPs are distributed at Grizzly Rapids. There is a WoC at 3:00 am, but I don't know if that one will have a FP (I can't remember from last year). Both F! showings should use the FP system. I would guess FPs are likely to run out mid to late morning for F! (depending on crowds). I don't have as good a sense about WoC, but I would guess mid-morning or earlier (especially if they only distribute FPs for the first show) because a new show is debuting.

Last time you were at the 24 hour event did the fast passes for rides have a return for late hours?
I am wondering what time fast passes will be gone for rides. I was thinking of entering the park at noon.

I saw this...:oops:

1050x591

and it freaked me out. Last 24 hour event.

Last year we had fast passes for Space Mountain for 3:30AM. Took a picture of them for fun. :) I think we got them around 10PM or so??

I did the same thing! I pulled a FP for Indy Jones with some crazy return time (like 4:00 am) just because! I also had an RSR FP for the middle of the night, but I ended up missing that one (meant to use it, but the schedule didn't work out).

It's not as bad as it looks...yes the Esplanade was pretty busy by the time the parks opened, but remember, there was a dance stage set up in the middle of the area (taking up room). Look at this way, this was the same area (different angle) about an hour before opening last year:
DSC_0151_zpsc66086de.jpg

The crowds are there, but in the end, the lines moved very fast to get into the parks. I was in line about halfway between the monorail beam and the center of the Esplanade and it only took 8 minutes for us to get into the parks. Things may be different this year, but I was able to get into DL (do some shopping) and then hop over to DCA to get the Times Guide and then get back into DL in under an hour.

The crowds are there, but in the end, the lines moved very fast to get into the parks. I was in line about halfway between the monorail beam and the center of the Esplanade and it only took 8 minutes for us to get into the parks. Things may be different this year, but I was able to get into DL (do some shopping) and then hop over to DCA to get the Times Guide and then get back into DL in under an hour.

I heard that after the initial rush to get into the park the last 2 years the morning was fairly light with the parks getting busy after work/school ended. I also believe the closures happened later at night (excluding first year), though that may be different with the new parade and fireworks debuting. Do you think this is pretty true?

I went for the first time last year (2014), so I'm not as familiar with how things went in 2013 and 2012. As far as I know, the parks never reached capacity during the 24-hour event in 2014. I know I was able to easily hop between DCA and DL around 6:00 pm (and again at midnight). I agree that there looked like there was a big crowd in the Esplanade pre-opening, but once folks got into the parks and dispersed, it was actually pretty light. I do think the new shows will likely change the crowd patterns this year; with capacity closures being much more likely in the late-afternoon/early-evening as folks get off of work and school.

If you mean "closures" as in when the rides closed, there were some rides that had alternate schedules on the 24-hour day. For example, last year, Space Mountain was open from 6:00 am to 3:00 am and RSR operated from 8:00 am until 4:00 am. My guess is that some rides will have reduced operating hours again this year, but we might not know which ones (and their schedule) until the day of the event. If you are going, it's worth getting the Times Guide for both parks as early as possible so you can see what is happening in both parks and which things only happen on a limited schedule.

For last year's event, we arrived around noon and had no trouble parking at M&F and getting into the parks. We had to leave in the early evening and when we returned around 8pm, it took us over 2 hours to park at the convention center, wait for a shuttle, and get into DL. Needless to say, this year we plan to stay in the parks.

Oh I meant gate closures. I know the first year there were gate closures at DL. I wasn't sure about the last few years, but I heard the park got busier at night. We'll be leaving after the parade and fireworks, so around 10pm. It's a bit late for our kids, but it's the only way to see the night shows.

If you mean "closures" as in when the rides closed, there were some rides that had alternate schedules on the 24-hour day. For example, last year, Space Mountain was open from 6:00 am to 3:00 am and RSR operated from 8:00 am until 4:00 am. My guess is that some rides will have reduced operating hours again this year, but we might not know which ones (and their schedule) until the day of the event. If you are going, it's worth getting the Times Guide for both parks as early as possible so you can see what is happening in both parks and which things only happen on a limited schedule.

Oh I meant gate closures. I know the first year there were gate closures at DL. I wasn't sure about the last few years, but I heard the park got busier at night. We'll be leaving after the parade and fireworks, so around 10pm. It's a bit late for our kids, but it's the only way to see the night shows.

Yes, I am also curious. If we go early and get a hand stamp to hop between parks, is there a chance we won't be able to get in until more people come out?

I was wondering about all of this too. I am not too concerned over ride times as we will have ridden all rides we want during the three days before. Though it would be cool to ride BTMRR, RSR, or Screamin' at say 4a.m.!!!

My concern will be the shows. I do want to see DLs fireworks and because of the risk of entry closure plan to be in DL by 2pm. Then I was planning on hopping to DCA around midnight to see WOC at 3am. But I think lots of other people might plan a similar strategy and now am worrying about DCA reaching capacity. Oh well, it'll be what it'll be :-(

I was wondering about all of this too. I am not too concerned over ride times as we will have ridden all rides we want during the three days before. Though it would be cool to ride BTMRR, RSR, or Screamin' at say 4a.m.!!!

My concern will be the shows. I do want to see DLs fireworks and because of the risk of entry closure plan to be in DL by 2pm. Then I was planning on hopping to DCA around midnight to see WOC at 3am. But I think lots of other people might plan a similar strategy and now am worrying about DCA reaching capacity. Oh well, it'll be what it'll be :-(
My plan is to hop over to DCA as soon as the fireworks are over. Another plan is to wait until the later showing of the night parade (1 am) and hop over to DCA while that is going on or right before it starts (assuming that a substantial number of people are going to be in Disneyland instead of DCA to catch the new parade).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter