Fantasyland expansion vs Harry potter? Which one to choose.

Toebiz

Earning My Ears
We only have one afternoon in Orlando coming up in February on a cruise stop. Which place should we visit? We have been to magic kingdom before but never to islands of adventure. We have a 4 year old son. Is the fantasyland expansion worth it or should we go to islands of adventure since we have never been there before?

If the Fantasyland expansion was truly complete I would lean that way but the seven dwarves coaster is still under construction.Since you have never been to IOA I would probably suggest you visit there,however since IOA has more rides geared to older kids there might not be enough for your 4 year old,there is the Seuss landing area,the smaller roller coaster in the Potter area,the playground area in Jurassic Park with the Pterenadon Flyers and a few other things so there are things there along with Potter and all the major attractions like Spider Man,research the park and see if you would rather visit it now or do MK again and wait until your son is a bit older.If you can't decide go with Sea World if you've never been,it's a park everyone loves and has plenty of things for everybody.

We only have one afternoon in Orlando coming up in February on a cruise stop. Which place should we visit? We have been to magic kingdom before but never to islands of adventure. We have a 4 year old son. Is the fantasyland expansion worth it or should we go to islands of adventure since we have never been there before?
Where do you want to go? Your child will be happy either way.

For only 1 afternoon, I would likely skip going to a theme park and just go to Downtown Disney

Toebiz said:

We took my DD (4) and DS (3) to Islands of Adventure and they liked it as well as Disney. There are many rides they cannot do but rider swap made it pretty quick. My children loved the Seuss land, pteranodon flyers (near the Jurassic park ride) and Flight of the Hippogriff in HP. We were visiting for a one week trip and the kids actually I begged to go back to IOA. We had a great time and I would not hesitate to take them back. It was hard for them on the rides they had to sit out on, but a great family experience.

With a child that age there should be no question that it is the Magic Kingdom. I love IOA but for a 4 year old it has to be Disney!

If it were just adults, or older kids, I'd say the Potterverse hands down. Having seen them both, I think it is much more impressive than New Fantasyland. However, with a 4 year old, I'd be inclined to go to MK instead.

With a 4 year old....... MK. But, the Harry Potter theme is incredible. And the butterbeer (I would suggest frozen) is reason to go alone. So, for you Harry Potter, for your 4 year old MK (but 4 year old would probably love the butterbeer). He'll like honeydukes (candy store themed via Harry Potter). Anyway, have fun!

If it was a 4 year old daughter, I would say MK. For a 4 year old son, I would say IOA. He would probably love the Jurassic Park discovery centre with all the dinosaurs, Marvel Heroes with the superheros and Suessland with its rides. Probably would be less busy as well and you'd get more done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter