Fantasy room 5520 window viewing?

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
I was lucky enough to snatch one of these special cat 8A rooms with the two big portholes. But after looking at a video of the "sister" room 5022 on the Dream I noticed the windows are right over the part of the ship that extends back out. So it looks like you have to look at about 2-3 feet of ship before seeing water. I was just wondering if anybody who has had the cat 8A on 5th floor of the Dream or Fantasy has found this any distraction from the value of having two portholes and extra floor space.

We were in 5522 on the Fantasy in an 8A in August. We didn't find that to be an issue at all. The ledge didnt detract from the views at all as we're looking out and not directly down!

Loved the extra room and the huge portholes.

Thank you. I didn't figure it would be bad...just a bit surprised to see. My nephew was always looking at the fish on our last Fantasy cruise (8D cat window) but I think I spent more time looking at sunrise/sunset which would still be very visable.

Though I should have realized it when I first booked. Looking at the outside I could see where the room was located. Now it just looks clear as day!!!

One other thing if I may ask....do any crew walk along there for any maintenance??? I like to sleep with the drapes open. Would hate to wake up & see someone (though probably more tramatic for them than me:rotfl2:)

canyoncam said:
Thank you. I didn't figure it would be bad...just a bit surprised to see. My nephew was always looking at the fish on our last Fantasy cruise (8D cat window) but I think I spent more time looking at sunrise/sunset which would still be very visable.

Though I should have realized it when I first booked. Looking at the outside I could see where the room was located. Now it just looks clear as day!!!

One other thing if I may ask....do any crew walk along there for any maintenance??? I like to sleep with the drapes open. Would hate to wake up & see someone (though probably more tramatic for them than me:rotfl2:)

No. Only thing I ever saw was a bird once or twice in port!

They will put a letter in your room before any scheduled maintenance is done that requires someone to be outside your room where they might see inside a porthole or verandah letting you know when that will happen.

We're looking at booking this room for a 2013 sailing. For those that have stayed in this room - did you experience any problems with noise from the Walt Disney theater?

Thanks!

We're looking at booking this room for a 2013 sailing. For those that have stayed in this room - did you experience any problems with noise from the Walt Disney theater?

Thanks!
No noise from the theatre or Vibe teens club...none at all...love the 2 huge window seating portholes!

disneybeachprincess said:
No noise from the theatre or Vibe teens club...none at all...love the 2 huge window seating portholes!

We did find noise from the theater (Fantasy 5522) but only because we skipped the shows 1-2 nights and went to bed early. We could hear occasional thumping (like music beat thumping) but only for the duration of the show and then it was quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter