Fantasy May Cruise 7 Night Eastern Carib.

Tinkerboy00

DIS Veteran
Better late than never but we just got off the 7 night Eastern Caribbean onboard the Fantasy. This was our 3rd Disney Cruise.

General Ship and Stateroom:

This ship is so amazing. Definitely their best to date. We had no problem boarding and had signed up for an earlier boarding so we didn't have to hang out in the port so long. I'll do the first post as the trip repot then post some pictures.

We had a oceanview stateroom with a verandah on the 10th deck. It was just had we had last time, spacious, clean and everything was perfect. I love the having the two bathrooms and the rainfall shower. Makes getting ready feel like a luxury. The verandah was quiet and we had quiet neighbors that we never saw so that was nice.

My only complaint about deck 10 was that we were obviously right under deck 11 which is where the pools and everything are. So if you were outside of the verandah door was open you could hear every scream, running step tec. And during the night time parties, even with the door closed you could hear the TV, music etc. That was kind of annoying. I think next time we will stick with 9 or 8 decks.

Im glad we had several days because it took us the first two days at sea just to figure out where everything was.

Dining and Restaurant Experiences:

All of the restaurants were each different and magical in their own way:

*Animators Palate - so much fun, and the food here was some of the best. Definitely don't miss it on the last night. So cool!!! They really out did themselves on this experience and it was completely unexpected.

*Enchanted Garden - food was nice, the atmosphere wasn't as nice/cool/interesting as I had hoped. We also did the buffet breakfast here but it wasn't as good as the breakfast buffet in Cabanas.

*Royal Court - this was visual heaven for me. The tile murals of all the princesses are breathtaking. I took pictures of them all of course. Food here was also very good.

*Cabanas - buffet heaven. Seriously there is something here for everyone. The options for lunch and breakfast always seemed to change a little too so you didn't get bored. They even had Krispy Kreme donuts and that made me very happy. I got one every morning. It's also open for a few hours so you can come and go pretty much whenever, and it's easy to get in and out.

*Palo - We did Palo for dinner on our last cruise so we decided to do it for Brunch this time. This brunch was seriously the best meal of the whole cruise. And probably one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food, and gave us some great suggestions. We ordered the pizza with goat cheese and grapes which sounds weird but I now dream about that pizza it was soooooo good.

*Cove Café - a great place to stop in the morning and get a latte. They also have some small desserts, breakfast pastries that are complimentary. So if you want to avoid Cabana's crowds, and eat light. Stop in here and grab a coffee and pastry. Its 18+ and over, has wifi, and was also dead and very quiet. So perfect spot to sit and check email or Disboards in peace and quiet.

*Flos Café - quick counter service near the pools. Pretty much always open and you can quickly grab burgers, pizza, salads, and wraps. They had the best cream chese stuffed soft pretzels. I died!! But they only seemed to have them one day. Great place to grab lunch if they kids don't want to leave the pool to head into Cabanas.

***Sidenote - I was vegetarian while on this cruise, and after a few nights the vegetarian options during dinner got really old. It was mostly all dishes with lentils. I didn't think to request anything in advance however.*****

We had lovely table mates and we had a great time with them. One of our table mates really loves the Mickey Head Ice Cream and it's is special treat when he goes to the parks. They brought him one every night for his dessert. Then one night our server overheard me mentioning that I love the Rice Krispie squares from Disney and always get them. The brought me some as a surprise for dessert. I was so shocked. Now that's service!!

Entertainment On Board

*Buena Vista Theater - This is a really nice movie theater with state of the art sound etc. They play mostly first runs too which is fun. We got to see Iron Man 3 on opening day, just like the rest of the world. In 3D too!! There is a small concession stand that sells beverages (including beer and wine), and candy and popcorn. Just like the movies at home! Although, being on a rocky boat, watch a fast moving, action packed 3D movie, did make my stomach flip a couple of times. :crazy2:

*Walt Disney Theater - this is where the live Broadway caliber shows are. We never went to these on the last two cruises, so we didnt want to miss them this time. Especially with so many days just at sea. We are so happy we didn't miss them. The shows were more magical than we could have expected. Funny, brilliant, fireworks, great music and animation and more! They do serve concession items during the shows here too which is nice.

Definitely save the movies and shows for a at sea day. They seem to run more shows at that time too. During port days the showings are smaller and limited.

Fun for the Adults:

There are so many fun lounges, bars and nightclubs for adults only!

*Bon Voyage - a small bar near the main center part of the ship. You can easily grab a drink and mingle around the lobby. Word of caution though, before dinner times, and during M&G its a zoo in the lobby. So better to avoid Bon Voyage at this time.

*Skyline - a fun bar with themed drinks from major cities like London, Paris, and NYC. The bar has a city skyline wrapped around it, moving parts included. And it changes, as the scene changes so does the music to fit the theme. Its like a martini bar, so small, but swanky. Nice couch and table areas to sit and have a drink and chat.

*La Piazza - this is basically the center of the clubs, bars and they all branch off from here. Nothing to exciting about it really. Just a small bar, with a few seats. We only had one quick drink here.

*Outlook - we kept trying to get up here but it was always closed for a wedding (I think there were like 5 weddings onboard that week). We finally managed to get in but the bar was closed and no one was there. It's small and cozy, and has a great view (probably the best on the ship). I think its more of a small function room, that is rented out, and not a full service bar that is always open.

*OGills - a very fun bar made to look like an old pub. Imagine smoky wood, comfy couches, beers on tap and football (that's soccer for you yanks) on the telly! We were hoping for some chess boards here. On the other ships we have been on we always found a small pub like OGills with chess boards and we would spend a lot of time down there playing and drinking. But sadly not onboard the Fantasy.

*The Tube - is the really only "club". Dance floor, DJ, fun atmosphere! Lots of couches, chairs, tables etc. They had themed nights like 80s where they would play tunes from that decade and had drink specials to go with that theme. Fun place if that's your thing.

*Oh La La - I saved the best for last. Im a HUGE champagne connoisseur and this was heaven to me! Its a very cute, Parisian chic bar that serves only champagne drinks (they can get you other drinks from another bar if you wish though). My favorite was the Elderbubble made me one of my favorite liquers St. Germain. We spent most of our drinking/bar hopping time in here. It also helps that we met the two sweetest bartenders here - Billie and Vanessa. We became dear friends with them, and they really made our trip on board extra special. There is also a guest book here, so make sure you read it and sign it. And look for the a drawing from the creator of Toy Story. Super fun!! They also carry a special champagne made by Tattinger just for this bar with Jessica Rabbit on the label. I really wanted that label ha ha.

*Quiet Cove Pool - this is very small and was always crowded. Its nice that its right by the bar though so you can easily get a drink. Its very shallow mostly, and small, so its not like you are full on swimming here. Its mostly just to get in and get wet to cool off for a bit. If you can find a spot.

*Satellite Falls - There is also Satellite Falls at the front of the ship, and although its not really a pool its a good place to get in and cool off for a bit. The adults only area up by Satellite Falls was usually quieter and less crowded. A ton of lounge chairs under a canopy so you were in the shade, but very few in the sun if you want to get some tanning action on. I had to pull a chair out in order to be in the sun.

*Aqua Duck - I was very nervous to ride this, especially climbing the stairs to get up there as it felt so high up. But I had a blast, and wanted to ride it at night but we never made it. Its well worth the wait though. Try to get on it during the lunch, dinner or at port times when there are less people by the pool.

Spa and Fitness:

*Senses Spa - we didn't book any treatments or services this time, but I have on previous cruises and its such a treat! Definitely book something to treat yourself and get some pampering. We did get the Rainforest package again this time. The Rainforest is something we did everyday after being in the sun all day, and before we went to get ready for dinner. Start with a steam in one of the three rooms, all different types of steam. Then rinse off with one of four or five sensory rainfall showers. These have different pulses, temps, types of rainfall and some are even aromatic. You can then go out and lay in one of the heated beds, or in the Jacuzzi. Its only open to those who buy the package so its never really crowded and well worth the cost! My only complaint is the people who go there and fall asleep for HOURS on the warm beds snoring. Go to your stateroom if you want to nap, youre just hogging the beds from others.

The spa gives you complimentary slippers and a robe while you are Senses. But please remember that the Rainforest is public shared space. Meaning its both women and men in there. While we were in there a women was completely naked under her robe and then sat that way in a sauna. Uhm Im sorry but we are not in ancient Rome, cover yourself up for petes sake.

*Fitness Center - although every cruise I say Im going to be good and workout in the mornings before breakfast it never happends. But the Fitness Center has every thing you could want, treadmills, weights, ellipticals, etc. And they offer daily classes. I was really hoping to take a Yoga or Pilates class but they were never at good times. Seems most of the classes they offered were more boot camp style.

Ports of Call:

*St. Maarten/St. Martin - being a Francophile we decided to explore the French side and the capitol, Marigot. That was a mistake. It was totally disappointing! Its a very dirty city/part of the island, many homes, buildings, parts of the street were in total disrepair and falling down. There was graffiti and trash every where.

I was really saddened by it, because its such a beautiful island, and you can tell that the inhabitants just don't take pride in it or care of it. We actually didn't feel very safe there either and left after an hour or two. If you do venture here though, don't miss Sarafina's bakery. Heaven! And the shopping want as good as I had heard or had hoped.

We were tricked into taking a cab, everyone kept saying there was no bus, even though all the guide books say there is. No one would tell us where to find it, and kept pointing us to the cabs. We later found out they all worked for the cab companies. It's $20 one way to go from the Dutch side (where the cruise docks) to the French side. The neat part of the French side was the old fort that is there, Fort Louis.

*St. Thomas - this island was so tropical and beautiful. It was mjuch nicer and cleaner than St. Maarten/St. Martin. In fact we are planning on doing a trip to just stay on St. Thomas at some point. We did a Port Adventure here where we took a open air bus all the way up to the highest point of the island, with some stops along the way. Of course every where you stop is a gift shop, or people selling things. But it was a great and relaxing way to explore the island and we got to see a LOT of the island this way, without walking everywhere.

There are some really cute shops and good duty free shopping right near where the ship docks, so check those out on your way back onboard.

*Castaway Cay - what can be said that hasn't already been said before. It's Disney, they do it the best. This island is so beautiful, well kept, and has tons to do for everyone in the family.

Last cruise we got a Cabana, which is really the way to go. But this year they all sold out before we could grab one. We stayed on the adults beach for a few hours, and just enjoyed that little slice of heaven.

Picture Time!!!

125_zpsd994269c.jpg

Animators Palate - Table 33

122_zps3cae0797.jpg

Fantasy docked at Castaway Cay

115_zps47c19bda.jpg

Beautiful chandelier in the main lobby/atrium

110_zpsde1cdad4.jpg

Snow White mural - Royal Court

109_zps63c9fad4.jpg

Royal Court

108_zpsdcbba27f.jpg

Royal Court

107_zpscf296bf0.jpg

Ariel's Wedding Mural - Royal Court

106_zpsd52fced3.jpg.html

Beauty and the Beast Mural - Royal Court

105_zps3926e3f8.jpg.html

Cinderella - Royal Court

104_zps1419b8e1.jpg

Cinderella Mural - Royal Court

060_zps55511824.jpg

St. Martin - a lot of the buildings were boarded up and falling down like this one.

055_zps82528d59.jpg

Fort Louis

053_zps860e23a4.jpg

Me in Tree at Fort Louis, Marigot, St. Martin

052_zpsdfd1d093.jpg

Fort Louis, Marigot, St. Martin

048_zpscb803ebf.jpg

Marigot, St. Martin

045_zpsbeea39ad.jpg

Enchanted Garden

041_zps61cf0f0c.jpg

Enchanted Garden

tiles_zps02de3a08.jpg

taittinger_zpsadc7fb34.jpg

Oh La La Tattinger

GuestBook_zps24cd6456.jpg

Oh La La guestbook

sailingaway_zps1f0a0a55.jpg

035_zpsad742c7b.jpg

Satellite Falls

029_zps93dd1797.jpg

The Tube

028_zpsdf99d80d.jpg

The Tube

024_zps2ea1ad59.jpg

My home away from home - Oh La La

023_zps07e8139a.jpg

Oh La La

022_zps6c2e34af.jpg

La Piazza

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE SHIP OR THIS INTENARY AND PORTS OF CALL!!

Spa and Fitness:

*Senses Spa - we didn't book any treatments or services this time, but I have on previous cruises and its such a treat! Definitely book something to treat yourself and get some pampering. We did get the Rainforest package again this time. The Rainforest is something we did everyday after being in the sun all day, and before we went to get ready for dinner. Start with a steam in one of the three rooms, all different types of steam. Then rinse off with one of four or five sensory rainfall showers. These have different pulses, temps, types of rainfall and some are even aromatic. You can then go out and lay in one of the heated beds, or in the Jacuzzi. Its only open to those who buy the package so its never really crowded and well worth the cost! My only complaint is the people who go there and fall asleep for HOURS on the warm beds snoring. Go to your stateroom if you want to nap, youre just hogging the beds from others.

The spa gives you complimentary slippers and a robe while you are Senses. But please remember that the Rainforest is public shared space. Meaning its both women and men in there. While we were in there a women was completely naked under her robe and then sat that way in a sauna. Uhm Im sorry but we are not in ancient Rome, cover yourself up for petes sake.

*Fitness Center - although every cruise I say Im going to be good and workout in the mornings before breakfast it never happends. But the Fitness Center has every thing you could want, treadmills, weights, ellipticals, etc. And they offer daily classes. I was really hoping to take a Yoga or Pilates class but they were never at good times. Seems most of the classes they offered were more boot camp style.

Hi! I also want to get the rainforest package, but I can't seem to find it online... how were you able to book that? thanks! :)

Hi! I also want to get the rainforest package, but I can't seem to find it online... how were you able to book that? thanks! :)

You have to do it when you get onboard the first day. They only sell so many to keep it from getting crowded. The first time when we were on the dream, and they tell you to come and tour the gym, spa etc at a set time and then you can get it discounted.

Last time we were on the Fantasy and didn't want to do the tour again (it takes forever) so we just went there as soon as we got onboard and asked for them and paid the regular price of $110 for the week (I think that was it)

I don't think you can order them online. They are first come first server once you are onboard Im pretty sure. But SOOOOOO worth it. We are already planning on getting them for our next cruise in the Spring

Your pictures are awesome. Thanks so much for such a nice detailed trip report. We are going next May and I can't wait. Ooh la la sounds like my kinds of place.

Your pictures are awesome. Thanks so much for such a nice detailed trip report. We are going next May and I can't wait. Ooh la la sounds like my kinds of place.

It was nice. It was never really crowded or loud like some of the other places got. Its more swanky and upscale.

My favorite drink was the elderbubble and they taught me how to make it so Ive been having them at home! :rotfl:

If Billie and Vanessa are still there tell the Roberts said Hey!

Thanks for your report ... brought back memories of our B2B last year ... we can hardly wait till next year ...

Thank you very much for posting about your recent cruise on the Fantasy. I enjoyed reading your report and loved your pictures. We are doing an Eastern cruise on the Fantasy in 21 weeks (but who's counting ;)) and we can't wait!

Thank you very much for posting about your recent cruise on the Fantasy. I enjoyed reading your report and loved your pictures. We are doing an Eastern cruise on the Fantasy in 21 weeks (but who's counting ;)) and we can't wait!

Have fun! Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer.

Thanks for the island reviews. So disappointing to hear about Marigot. Appreciate the info as we plan for May 2014!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter