Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

We are using DCL Transportation with a PAT of 11-1130. The bus will probably arrive 1045 ish. Luckily they let you in with their transportation.

robhawk said:
We are using DCL Transportation with a PAT of 11-1130. The bus will probably arrive 1045 ish. Luckily they let you in with their transportation.

We originally were going to do this but We were told pick up at SSR was between 11 and 1. With closer to 1 being the time. It would get us to PC a lot later then we wanted. Next time we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take DCL which gets u there earlier. Oh well first time is a learning experience.

I posted this on FB but I don't remember if the person who asked is on there so I am re-posting it here.

Butterbeer martini recipe. 2 shots Butterscotch schnapps, 1/2 shot vanilla vodka, 1/2 shot whipped cream vodka, a few squeezes of butterscotch sundae topping, and cream soda. Enjoy my muggle friends!!!!

:thumbsup2

Thank you - I can't wait to try it (I must have missed the links about FB, so I am not in that group)

Thanks again!

So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!

As others have said, when you check in, ask them where you need to go to try to change your dining time. Go there first and get in line. They may be able to accommodate your request. I hope they can change it for you. pixiedust: (There's some pixie dust to try to help)

Ok.. You are both overachievers! I am halfway done with A.C.Es, going through summer clothes to see if anything fits. I will probably work 35 hours this week Monday through Thursday.. We fly out at noon on Friday!

In all fairness, we had a baby shower for my daughter yesterday that took a bit of my time the last few weeks. If it weren't for that I would be partially packed already! ;)

I hope your summer clothes fit!!!! I would think it would be kind of hard to find summer clothes this time of year in Wisconsin!!! :scared1: If not....there's always Safety pins. :laughing: (assuming you're worried they'll be too big...not too small) :thumbsup2

Hope you didn't get lost. ;) But, I finally finished! Woohoo!

I'm not lost....I'm right here in front of my computer! :rotfl2: I'm glad you finally finished packing....you sure were cutting it close!!!

I bought ours from eBags.com. They are fabric and mesh boxes that zip shut. I can pack seven days of shorts and t-shirts in a large cube. I couldn't travel without them now. My mom saw mine last time we traveled together and she bought herself a set. They are good for just about everything.

You'll have to show these packing cubes....I'm curious....especially after everyone's high reviews on them!.

I finally completed all of the A.C.Es yesterday. I will start packing tonight. We've got 3 more sleeps until we head out to WDW :banana:

I will be using packing cubes for the first time this trip. I got ours from Ebags too. I kept hearing such good things about them and when I saw that they were giving 15 airline miles per dollar with one of my Chase cards I jumped on it :lmao:

We have 3 more sleeps before we leave, too! Except...we have much farther to drive, so we won't get there until 4 more sleeps. :sad1: :laughing:

ok, they are preliminarily forecasting another nameable winter storm for my area on Thursday! Too close for comfort for me. We will have to watch this one carefully. After this I think I am going back to April vacation for trips this is too much stress!

:eek: I sure hope the new forecast changes...and doesn't affect your travel plans!

About 10 years ago, we went on a cruise with some friends. We went to WDW prior to the cruise and our friends flew in the morning of the cruise. They flew out of Chicago and a big winter storm hit Chicago overnight. They were the last flight out before all flights got cancelled. That could have turned very ugly very fast....it was a 7 night cruise and they didn't have trip insurance. That's why we NEVER wait till the day of the cruise to arrive at the port.....especially when cruising in the winter months.

Wondering when everyone is arriving at port. I ask this because I am seeing different threads with different answers about when you can arrive at port. Our plan was to leave WDW about 9:00 am drop off my wife at port with luggage at about 10:15 then take car to Budget then take shuttle back to port. Even though our PAT isn't till 11:30 I don't like to be late or rushed so if their are no delays such as traffic or issues at Budget I don't mind waiting at port for gates to terminal to open. I am reading some threads that if you get to port before 11 they will tell you to come back at 11. They won't even let me drop off the wife and luggage. I'm not complaining I just don't want to leave WDW too early and drive in circles around PC till 11.

I believe the earliest you can arrive at the port is 11:00 am. If you get there earlier, they may make you park in a reserve lot until 11:00. At 11:00, you can enter the terminal....even though you have a an 11:30 PAT...you just may not get a boarding pass #2.

If you get to the port too early, you could always go check out the DIS welcome center. That's what we plan on doing. :thumbsup2

:confused3 What is A.C.Es :confused3

Instead of calling it a "Fish Extender Exchange"....some of our friends call it an "Aquatic Creature Exchange" because on the Dream & Fantasy, there are more than just Fish outside of the staterooms....there are Seahorses too. So, one of our friends from the DVC Member Cruise re-named it "A.C.E" instead of "F.E.".

Instead of calling it a "Fish Extender Exchange"....some of our friends call it an "Aquatic Creature Exchange" because on the Dream & Fantasy, there are more than just Fish outside of the staterooms....there are Seahorses too. So, one of our friends from the DVC Member Cruise re-named it "A.C.E" instead of "F.E.".
Thank you :thumbsup2

LOL, I was trying to figure that one out too! Hmmm, wonder what creature we will have.

We originally were going to do this but We were told pick up at SSR was between 11 and 1. With closer to 1 being the time. It would get us to PC a lot later then we wanted. Next time we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take DCL which gets u there earlier. Oh well first time is a learning experience.

I think staying ay WDW before is pretty cool. We just didn't have the time. You'll have to tell us how SSR was. We have stayed at OKW, BWV, & BCV. Would like to try the others some day but always end up going back to BCV!

Rob & Sue

:thumbsup2

Thank you - I can't wait to try it (I must have missed the links about FB, so I am not in that group)

Thanks again!

You are welcome!!!

OK, I've GOT to check these out now. 3 glowing reports for packing cubes from ebags. Egad!

Ooooh, I found a COOL thing yestrday at Target. It s a "pop up recycle container". They come 3 in a pack for <$6. I figure it will work great as a pop up hamper that I can throw away for the trip home! OK, I was pretty pleased with my purchase--although I am sure I will get the eye roll :sad2: from DH. he is so frugal. I can hear it now, "Why pay $2 for that when we could just use a garbage bag?"

That's a great idea for a hamper! Thanks for sharing.

I was talking with DD and DS and they wanted to know if there was a place that we are meeting so the kids can get together and meet each other? I have a DS 8 and DD 12

Thanks! :goodvibes Oh, no doubt our luggage will be bulging at the seams! I've got the hubby's bag packed. He lays everything out, but I roll and fold everything into packing cubes. It's just darn amazing what you can fit in those things! Now I just have to finish packing all the joint stuff (toiletries, etc.) and the rest of my clothes and I'll be 95% done. :banana:

Yep, those packing cubes (and Ziploc baggies) are the secret to packing tightly. I'm mostly packed; I'll finish packing on Thursday (the night before the flight) since some things I can't pack yet (like my purse contents).

As with my previous cruises, I'll be able to go with just my carry-ons. Taking two since my FE stuff takes up too much space... but I will likely be able to disembark at the end of the cruise carrying just my one carry-on. :-D

Just announced today, bookings open this week for more 2014 sail dates, so if you're planning to book onboard, we have some great timing here. :goodvibes

The DW and I have booked the Mayan ruins/ beach excursion on Cozumel. Looking at some recent reviews about the ruins on this excursion which are the San Gervasio ones right on the island and they haven't been very favorable. I have come to trust the opinions of the experienced cruisers on this thread so was wondering has anyone else done these ruins and what you thought

jcarwash said:
Just announced today, bookings open this week for more 2014 sail dates, so if you're planning to book onboard, we have some great timing here. :goodvibes

Nice! I was hoping for that. We want to book Alaska for next year.

Yep, those packing cubes (and Ziploc baggies) are the secret to packing tightly. I'm mostly packed; I'll finish packing on Thursday (the night before the flight) since some things I can't pack yet (like my purse contents).

As with my previous cruises, I'll be able to go with just my carry-ons. Taking two since my FE stuff takes up too much space... but I will likely be able to disembark at the end of the cruise carrying just my one carry-on. :-D

Wow... I Haven't even started packing yet. Not one thing. I usually do it 2 days before we go.

Our first Disney cruise, we had 12 bags (including carry-ons) for FOUR of us. This summer we went to Europe for 3 weeks and did a 2 week Med Cruise & had 5 bags for 5 of us. This time I am hoping for the same. Plus a small personal item for the plane for each of us. I have teenage boys...they can carry stuff. :rotfl:

I just scored a Palo and Remy brunch!

Great!

The DW and I have booked the Mayan ruins/ beach excursion on Cozumel. Looking at some recent reviews about the ruins on this excursion which are the San Gervasio ones right on the island and they haven't been very favorable. I have come to trust the opinions of the experienced cruisers on this thread so was wondering has anyone else done these ruins and what you thought

I have not done this excursion. Have you checked out the cruisecritic.com boards? They usually have a larger number of excursion reviews. The newest Passporter DCL Guide has the excursion rating listed as "n/a", so it must be very new. HTH

You'll have to show these packing cubes....I'm curious....especially after everyone's high reviews on them!.

There are a lot of great packing cubes but here are some I personally recommend:

Tom Bihn Packing Cubes (http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB091.html). These are designed mostly to fit their travel bags, but they are very well-made. The holy grail of his packing cubes is the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0921.html), which converts into a purse/shoulder bag. Love it.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Spectre Cubes (http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-specter-cube-set/d/1229) win for being the lightest of them all. The zippers are pretty strong and won't bust even when you stuff these.

Various packing cubes via eBags (http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes?origin=flyaway); they sell their own brand, as well as others, in various sizes.

Some of the cheapest and best packing cubes are 2-gallon Ziploc resealable baggies (http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/FreezerBagsSmartZipSeal.aspx?SizeName=Two gallon). You can stuff quite a few folded clothes in there, then slowly squeeze out all the extra air by literally sitting on them (or as I do, lying down face down over them). Super cheap, and they pack flat as a pancake.

Packing cubes are the secret to well-organized packing. Once you start using them, you won't want to just toss stuff into your luggage ever again. ^_^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter