Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by jcarwash, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kpd320

kpd320 Earning My Ears

Got our docs yesterday....we are official!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kpd320

kpd320 Earning My Ears

What's the adult/ kid count for FE's?

4. MatthewsMommy

MatthewsMommy Mouseketeer

Congratulations!! Good luck next week.

I just checked the google docs in the first post and there is 108 total with 59 adults and 49 children.

We got our docs on Tuesday and we booked through DU. Getting harder and harder to keep this secret!

5. kk92476

kk92476 Mouseketeer

Seems like so many of you booked through Dreams Unlimited. What are the perks (besides the cool gift bag)? and do they take transfers? Any cons to the TA?

6. MatthewsMommy

MatthewsMommy Mouseketeer

This is my first time cruising DCL, but I went with DU because of the OBC and the great recommendations here. With other cruiselines, I usually book directly with the cruise line. Through DU, I received $150 OBC, plus $25 from Disney and another $50 for booking on my Dis Visa.

I believe I have read that you can transfer an existing booking to DU, but not sure if you can do that after final payment. I found out about the baskets long after I booked. Looking forward to seeing it!

7. DizJohn

DizJohn Mouseketeer

Just ordered a basket from "The Perfect Gift" :cool1: they are the same that make the baskets for DU cant wait to see it when we get to our room

8. silmarg

silmarg SIL

Transfer.. yes.. but they at least need a few weeks before final payment date to do it in time.

9. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

i was all set to transfer our bookings to DU, but then they checked the OBC and Visa deal and onboard booking credit, and they said they could only get us like another $50 in OBC, and there was some faxing of forms that would need to be done, etc....to me it didn't seem worth it.

Now if I would have known there were gift baskets involved.... :rolleyes:

10. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

[​IMG]

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 4 WEEKS! THAT IS 28 DAYS!
    :banana::banana::banana:
    [​IMG]

11. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

We have booked 2 expensive cruises with DU and never received anything extra other then the OBC.

Unless they have changed in the last few months.

Our DCL to Hawaii was not that long ago.

Just looked and there is still Remy options even Palo and Palo brunch.

Hurry if you want the Brunch(one left).

12. silmarg

silmarg SIL

Pali brunch is gone. Rats

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

The DU gift baskets are only on the cruises out of Port Canaveral, as they have a setup tied to the DISboards.com welcome center in Cocoa Beach to get them delivered to the ships. The started the gift baskets in 2012.

14. calypso726

UPDATE for Pink Champagne Girls event!

DCL has let me know that they only day they would be able to accommodate our group at Ooh La La would be on the SECOND sea day, February 21st at 11:15 am. We have 24 signed up. I would like to get confirmation from each person who is participating that this date and time works for you before I send DCL the names and stateroom numbers. Please post back on FB or PM me here to confirm.

Thank you!!!​

15. kshark1958

kshark1958 Mouseketeer

Terrie
    Is definitely going to happen or do you need to make sure you get to 25 people. The only reason I ask is because I don't have a pink shirt and will need to order online.

16. calypso726

Hi Kevin,

Right now I am short one person for 25, but I will pay for "Harvey the Rabbit" who is staying in our room :lmao: Four couples have already confirmed back as of this latest update. I am hoping to get confirmation back from everyone by tomorrow at the latest. I am planning for this to happen. I've got the feather boas and tiaras all set!

If you have a Michael's craft store near you they carry t-shirts. They usually have pink in stock and are only about $4.99. You can also do a search for Michael's online printable coupons and print off a 40% off coupon too! Several of the guys in the last group did this since they didn't have pink shirts :goodvibes

I will keep everyone posted!

17. nanandibob

nanandibob Earning My Ears

HI. - I tried to send a PM but I don't have enough posts so I was not allowed.

We are part of the FE group. I went to print out the Goggle doc today for the FE and noticed that my DD was listed in the left columns but was not carried out through the age specific column counts. I see a few others that had the same thing happen.

Thank you for all your efforts on this.

nanandibob

18. kshark1958

kshark1958 Mouseketeer

Has anybody used the rainforest pass before. I was wondering what it was like. I checked online at the DCL website and it doesn't give a great description on what it includes.

19. calypso726

We have and really enjoyed the experience. There are 3 steam/sauna type rooms. One has dry heat, one is very very humid and the other is for aromatherapy if you choose. There are several shower expereinces with different lighting, patterns and temperature of water. There are a few jacuzzis that overlook the ocean to enjoy. Lastly they have some nice chaise loungers that are heated and also overlook the ocean. I hope this helps.

20. kshark1958

kshark1958 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the response to my question. I was wondering did you have a pass for the whole week and how crowded was it. We are thinking of doing this on first or second sea day. Being first time cruisers we may use first sea day to explore ship.

21. calypso726

Happy to oblige!

No, we just had a day pass. We used it on a port day since we had nothing planned.