Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by jcarwash, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Smittycait

Smittycait Earning My Ears

Yeah the more I think about it...it may make sense to just push it and do the whole way down in one shot, and then do something similar to what you guys do on the way back. And really, I'm gonna be WWAAAAYYY too excited to sleep, probably. :cool1:

Yes please let me know. B/c they told me it was the track between the two...if it's south of Sanford, I don't see why they're canceling at all.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizJohn

DizJohn Mouseketeer

Just got this email from Amtrak so looks like all clear to go South... but I have my backup plan in case...

Dear John Whittel,
    Thank you for your recent email.
    My information only states that the Auto Train will be affected between February 21-25, 2013.
    Train 52 (origin dates from Sanford Friday-Sunday, February 22-24) and train 53 (origin dates from Lorton February 21-23) are cancelled entirely.
    I hope this information is helpful.
    Sincerely,
    Linda
    Amtrak Customer Service

4. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

ONE MONTH from TODAY we will be getting ready for our first dinner onboard the Fantasy! :cool1: After having explored the ship all afternoon, lunched at Cabanas, signed kids up for the clubs, had a lovely drink of the day, enjoyed the sailaway party, and maybe even ridden the Aquaduck a time or two.:banana:

hooray! Hooray!! HOORAY!!!:yay: :cheer2: :yay:

5. kk92476

kk92476 Mouseketeer

Just got a job offer and will be starting a new job next week. During the interview process, I must have mentioned 10 times "...but I'm traveling February vacation week!" :). :cheer2:

6. Disney1430

Disney1430 In love with Disney

:rainbow: CONGRADS and GOOD LUCK!!! :cool1:

I just started working a new job too in August, and I too mentioned several times I would be gone for 2 weeks in February - I was very surprised when they offered me the postion before I even got home!! :woohoo:

7. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

Congratulations to you! Way to go! :woohoo:

8. jengrabinski

jengrabinski Earning My Ears

Let's talk about seasickness. I've been one 2 cruises before & always get light-headed/dizzy that 1st night & while sitting down for dinners. Do you call your dr for med? Over the counter?

9. kk92476

kk92476 Mouseketeer

My ex gets sea sick from riding a merry go round. The OTC stuff caused extreme drowsiness, so last time he got a prescription patch that he stuck on his shoulder before we even got on the boat, and he didn't have one bit of problems for the full 5 days.

10. threeboysny

threeboysny Mouseketeer

I too get motionsick very easily and used the patch (scopolamine) last time. I only felt mildly "off" twice during the week, both times when the seas were extremely rough. I'll definitely be using it again.

One word of advice if you plan to try the patch-get the prescription filled ASAP. For some reason that med seems to frequently have production issues, and can be hard to find. Last year I waited until a week before the cruise and had to call about ten pharmacies before I found one that had it in stock.

11. jengrabinski

Thanks for the info. I have an appt next week with my dr, so I'll definitely be asking for it!

12. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

Bonine has always worked well for me. I just take it the night before the cruise. Then I take it right before bed every night. Everyone is definitely different. Your doctor should be able to help you out.

13. kshark1958

kshark1958 Mouseketeer

YYYYYYAAAAHHHOOOO. We received our cruise docs today. Can't believe I'm 54 and I'm as excited as a little kid at Christmas. lol

14. jengrabinski

FE question for theholmesbunch (sister) : the other 2 holmes are next to each other & your room is down the hall 5518. Is that right?

15. threeboysny

threeboysny Mouseketeer

Has anyone else NOT gotten their docs yet? I'm getting worried!

16. Disney1430

There room would be Starboard (right) the others are on port side (left)

all numbers on Disney Ships #0## - #1## are Port Side and #5## - #6## are starboard :)

17. Disney1430

My Travel Agent just received ours on Wednesday. You can always call the cruise line at (800) 951-3532 and ask when they were sent.

18. jengrabinski

Thank you!

19. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

Did you book through a Travel Agent? If so, it may take a couple of extra days for you to get your docs, as they are sent to the TA first. Don't worry too much, I still don't have mine, but I'm on the west coast. It takes a bit longer for them to make it this far. :)

20. DizJohn

DizJohn Mouseketeer

Haven't received mine yet but the Agency owner emailed me that she has them :)

21. momtoleasawav

momtoleasawav Mouseketeer

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I didn't check the mail today