Fantasy Eastern Feb 8-15 2014-Cupids in the Caribbean-TRIP REPORT COMPLETED 7/17!

Awesome report, I miss it so much :cool1:

Thanks for stopping in! I miss it too, especially since it has still been so cold back home. This was our first vacation during the winter and I can definitely see why people love it!

I am really enjoying your report! I remember reading your reports a couple of years ago - your girls have grown so much!

Thank you! I am so excited to have someone that has seen our past trip reports. It really is amazing to look back at how much the girls have changed.

Following along! :)

Thanks for following!

We dropped the kids off at the Lab and made our way to Meridian on deck 12 for our private mixology class! A fellow cruiser was nice enough to organize everything for us to be able to have a private class with members from our Facebook group. We ended up having a great group of 30 people! When DH and I arrived there were still a couple of spots open at the bar, so we had a seat.

Our bartender for the class was Marko.

The first drink he had us try was a mojito. It was fun to see the proper way to make this drink. DH took his muddling job very seriously!

The next drink was a Godfather, which is Jack Daniels, Disaronno, and a splash of Coke. This was too strong for my taste, but DH seemed to like it.

The next drink was a nutty flavored martini and I just can't remember the name. I do remember that I enjoyed this one much better than the Godfather!

We also had a Yellow Bird, which happened to be one of the drinks of the day while we were onboard. This was a banana flavored cocktail and while banana isn't my favorite flavoring the drink wasn't too bad!

Our last drink was a shot of some kind and I don't recall what it was. I think everything was starting to get a little hazy! The class was $15 and I feel like that was a real bargain. Five good sized drinks in an hour and good company made for a really enjoyable afternoon!

Up next: Formal Night

Fantastic trip report so far, I teared up a bit when you said you had got emotional due to finally being on-board. I just imagine being in your shoes in 230+ days and its so exciting!!! Thanks for posting!

Fantastic trip report so far, I teared up a bit when you said you had got emotional due to finally being on-board. I just imagine being in your shoes in 230+ days and its so exciting!!! Thanks for posting!

Thank you so much! It was such a fantastic feeling boarding the Fantasy and hearing our name. It is definitely worth the wait!

Wow, the mixology class sounds so neat and fun!

The Mixology class was one of the highlights of the trip for DH and I. I couldn't believe what a bargain it was!

After our Mixology class we decided to take a small break before picking up the girls. I had read that Deck 4 was a nice place to go to sit and not worry about crowds. I couldn't agree more! There were nice loungers and many of them were empty. Every now and then a runner would come by and there were a few people playing shuffleboard, otherwise it was pretty quiet. It was a perfect place to chill out after having a few cocktails.

We figured we better pick up the kiddos so we could get ready for formal night. The girls were so excited to finally be able to wear their fancy dresses. While we were getting ready we ordered some cookies and a cheese plate from room service. The food arrived quickly and was a fun snack to have while we were getting ready.

We made our way to the atrium for the Captain's Reception. There were drinks being passed out while we waited in line for formal pictures. I really didn't need another drink, but we were on vacation! The girls were excited because they were passing out "kid" cocktails too.

I like this picture of DH because he looks so relaxed.

I have to say it took me a little while for me to truly relax on this trip. I was really stressed the week before because I was afraid we wouldn't make it because of weather and I am generally stressed any time I have to fly. I can see in myself in the next few pictures that I have finally let the stress go and I am so excited that we are having such a great time!

We made a quick stop in the Vista Gallery because Don "Ducky" Williams was on our sailing. Ducky is a character artist for Disney. I will talk about him more when I post about our second sea day.

Next we made our way to see Minnie in her formal night finery.

Tonight we had dinner at Royal Court. I had to laugh at the girls because there was melon and strawberries on the appetizer menu. When they asked our server if they could just have strawberries they were told yes. They thought that was just the best thing ever! We were so stuffed from our appetizers in the room and then dinner, that we declined dessert. This really seemed to throw our server off, but we didn't want to waste the food that we just knew we weren't going to eat.

We decided to skip Aladdin tonight because we figured that it would be similar to the Aladdin show we saw when we went to Disneyland. Instead we decided to head to the pools and the Aquaduck. This was a great decision for us because we were able to ride the Aquaduck several times with a minimal wait. Bolt was playing on Funnel Vision and we had a good time sitting in the pool while watching the movie.

The girls and I settled in for the night, but DH still had a whiskey tasting at 10:30. I was glad that I wasn't signed up for it because there is no way I would have made it. DH said the class was in Meridian and it was also with Marko. He must have snuck back in when he finished because when I woke up it was the start of our next sea day!

Up next: Well, it hurt!

Loving your report. We are considering March 2015, dd will be 5 and ds 15. Love all your pics and input, thanks!

Loving your report. We are considering March 2015, dd will be 5 and ds 15. Love all your pics and input, thanks!

Thank you! The thing that is so great about a Disney cruise is that both a 5 year old and a 15 year old will be happy because there is such a great variety of activities for everyone.

Great report so far. Can't wait for more!

Thank you so much! I can't believe I am only through our first sea day. So much more to come!

You all looked so nice on formal night! Your girls are lovely.

How was the weather on that night? You mentioned it was chilly on the first day, and I was curious if it warmed up for you!

Great trip report!! Thank you for taking the time for posting.

We are doing our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy this Christmas and your report really showed us what we had to look forward to!

Great report!

Thanks!

You all looked so nice on formal night! Your girls are lovely.

How was the weather on that night? You mentioned it was chilly on the first day, and I was curious if it warmed up for you!

Thank you so much. They felt pretty special getting all dressed up.

The weather was great as soon as we left Florida. It was a little breezy that night while we were swimming, but compared to what we had come from it felt fantastic! We couldn't have asked for better weather the rest of the week.

Great trip report!! Thank you for taking the time for posting.

We are doing our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy this Christmas and your report really showed us what we had to look forward to!

Thanks for stopping in! I bet the Fantasy will be awesome during the holidays!

Thank you so much for your report! We leave in 12 days!

You are welcome! :cheer2: for only 12 more days!

Our next sea started much like our first-bright and early. I don't know what it was about this trip, but DH and I were just not able to sleep in. DH ended up going for a run again, while I snoozed for a little bit longer. When he returned we made our way up to Cabanas for breakfast.

After breakfast DD10 had an appointment that she was really excited about. Prior to the trip we told the girls that they could each pick something extra special to do on the trip. DD10 decided that she wanted her hair braided! We decided to wait until the second sea day and she had the first appointment of the morning. The women that were doing the braiding were set up on the starboard side by the hot tub. DD10 decided that she wanted just the front half of hair braided. She ended up with 13 braids, so it was $26 plus we added a tip. It only took about 30 minutes and the results were very cute. Some advice that we received was to make sure that we sun screened the parts that were created by the braids. I would not have thought of that!

DD7 had fun dipping her toes in the hot tub while she waited for her sister.

It was nice to have the movie playing on Funnel Vision while we waited. It wasn't too busy at the pools yet, but it was still early.

You can see in DD10's body language that this was not the most comfortable experience. I had warned her that I heard it was quite painful to get the braids done, but I'm not sure that she believed me.

Here is the pricing sign that was on the counter.

At 9:30 DH and DD7 made their way to the atrium to line up for the Princess Gathering. When he arrived he was 3rd or 4th in line, but less than 10 minutes later there were about 30 groups waiting. When Erin was done with the braids we met up with them in line. Stu interviewed Erin on video about her experience getting her hair done.

DH: How did it go?"
DD10: Well, it hurt.
DH: Well, tell me more about it.
DD10: Well, it really hurt."

So, apparently it hurt! :rolleyes1

While we were waiting to meet the Princesses, Aladdin made his way through the line. He was sure a cutie.

The gathering began and the first lovely lady that the girls met was Cinderella

Next was Tiana.

The last princess was Belle. It was funny because DD10 walked right up to her, but DD7 was hanging back. I asked her what was going on and she said she wanted to meet Belle by herself without her sister. This was a first, but not the last time during this trip. It was nice to see her exert some independence from her sister.

We finished with the Princess Gathering and made our way to deck 4. You can see the line that has now gathered to meet the Princesses.

The reason we needed to go to deck 4 because DD7 had another character that she wanted to meet, Princess Sofia!

Up next: More sea day fun

Such a great report! Our family is taking our first cruise in October with this same itenarary. Your girls are dolls!!!

What great formal night photos!!

And, I totally hear you on taking a few days to really relax and get into vacation mode...that switch can be so hard! But so sweet too!

And I love that Sofia was greeting --- DD loves her, and will be so excited! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter