Fantasy Cabin 10078

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by FamilyG, Oct 26, 2012.

1. FamilyG

FamilyG Earning My Ears

Hi - Sailing out on 5 January next year.

Has anybody stayed in this cabin or nearby - any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

2. Stitch'sCousin

Stitch'sCousin DIS Veteran

Check out this link to the Stateroomsmenu listed at the top of this page.
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm
    It has room reports for all of the ships. Althought 10078 is not listed for the Fantasy, you can see what people on the Dream thought of the identical room. We stayed in 10580 on the Dream and liked its location/convenience, so we picked 10080 for the Fantasy. (Same location in the ship except port side instead of starboard side). You will hear some noise from deck 11, but it didn't really bother us that much. We liked the deck 11 overhang as it provided some protection from wind/sun.:)

3. aaklang

aaklang Mouseketeer

We recently stayed in 10098. The room itself was great - very spacious and plenty of storage for our stuff. Able to fit three large suitcases and a stroller under the bed. We had a baby in a pack n play in the room, right up by the veranda doors. My son (5) slept most nights in the upper bunk but a couple of times in the lower bunk. I loved having the split bathrooms.

Noise from above was definitely apparent at all times of the day. It never woke me up and it didn't keep me up at night, but I definitely noticed it whenever I was in the room and we were being quiet (i.e. when I first woke up in the morning, during my daughter's afternoon nap, at night while going to sleep). The only time I found the noise to be truly disturbing was during the party on pirate night, when they BLAST the music until midnight. We could easily sing along to every song from inside our room with the veranda door closed. Other than that, the noise was there but didn't negatively impact us at all.

The location is good - well situated between both sets of stairs. 10078 will be closer to the midship elevators/stairway, so that will be nice for you. We were pretty much smack in the middle, or at least it seemed that way. We used both sets of stairs equally often, depending on what we were going to do.

We had nice views of Cuba from our room as we sailed by (Western itinerary)..

You're going to have a great trip! Wish I was heading back myself!