Fantasy 2014 Opening Day Compiled Pricing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please tell me what TIME the website opens up tomorrow? :upsidedow I wanna play a little even though I don't know that we would book anything at these prices...

jaygalterio said:
Shhhh.... This rez is a surprise birthday present. So don't tell anyone.

Jan. 11, 7 Nights on the Fantasy.
Category 7A, 2 Adults $2917 with insurance and no transfers.

Waited on hold about twenty seconds before I reached a person.

Sweet, thanks for posting! According to my calculations, this will translate into about $4200 - $4300 for me with my hubby and two little kids. Doable, but I was hoping to get a family stateroom with verandah for that price.

Maybe this helps a bit, Earlier this morning, I booked 2 adults on the 5/31 Eastern Fantasy. We booked a cat. 8A after our 10% (OBB discount) our total is $2,090.24 (price looks good :woohoo: to me based on our 2012 cruise see below)
We took the same cruise this year (western) and it was $2,861 for an cat. 8C, ** important note: our 2012 cruise was not booked at opening prices; I believe we booked it in late march or early April 2011. Good Luck pixiedust:

Thanks so much for the information...that is a good price. pixiedust: for everyone tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the information...that is a good price. pixiedust: for everyone tomorrow!

I booked earlier this am for 5/24 too and got a good rate, however I understand they realized they had pricing errors and took the month down and then brought it back up with higher prices. You can see a few posts ago someone booked 5/24 cat 11 for much higher then what both of us booked. i am not sure if it is true about the pricing errors, it is just what I have heard- I guess we will see as more people book it.

July 19, 2014 3A1C(16) Cat 4A $7,630.88 (with 10% OBB). No insurance or transfers. I booked around 9:45 this morning.
Comparatively speaking I think it's fairly good as we are sailing July 27, 2013
3A1C Cat 7A $6,419.00(with 10% OBB). No insurance or transfers. It might have been opening day, but I don't recall.
Our first cruise was a summer cruise 10 years ago on the Magic and we had a Cat 9 with 2A2C and 2A next door for around $5,000.00. I miss those days!

Maybe this helps a bit, Earlier this morning, I booked 2 adults on the 5/31 Eastern Fantasy. We booked a cat. 8A after our 10% (OBB discount) our total is $2,090.24 (price looks good :woohoo: to me based on our 2012 cruise see below)
We took the same cruise this year (western) and it was $2,861 for an cat. 8C, ** important note: our 2012 cruise was not booked at opening prices; I believe we booked it in late march or early April 2011. Good Luck pixiedust:

Our family was looking at that cruise! But not everyone in our group will be out of school ):

Congrats to those who booked May before they discovered the error. I am hoping for a May Eastern for $3000 (after OBB discount) for 2A in a cat. 8A. We shall see.......

I read someplace on this thread that the May 2014 bookings are on hold because of a glitch in the system. I wonder if some of these really great May prices I am seeing on the Fantasy were obtained by some very lucky people, and that DCL may have discovered a mistake that when they fix it, will make prices go up for everyone else to what they were initially supposed to be. If you look at the pricing for every month except May, as has appeared on this thread, the May prices are significantly lower..

That is very true.. :sad2:

Congrats to those who booked May before they discovered the error. I am hoping for a May Eastern for $3000 (after OBB discount) for 2A in a cat. 8A. We shall see.......

Didn't this same thing happen when 2013 itineraries came out and some people get an awesome deal on some March/Spring Break 2013 cruises?

Today's bookings are available either online, by phone or through a travel agent only to Gold and Platinum CC cruisers. Silver level and anyone who has never booked with DCL before can book (same three ways) starting tomorrow.

Actually you cannot book online today no matter what your level. It is only via phone. Tomorrow online bookings will be open to everyone.

Didn't this same thing happen when 2013 itineraries came out and some people get an awesome deal on some March/Spring Break 2013 cruises?

Yes it did. There was a glitch this morning that priced many of the May dates extremely low. DCL caught it pretty quickly. So for those of you booking tomorrow expect to pay more than what many folks booked at earlier today.

Could someone price 5/3/14 for 2 adults?? We are really wanting to go on this cruise for our honeymoon but it may be too pricy!

Does anyone know if it is normally the case that they make prices/booking available online day one it is open to the general public?

It will be online when it is open to silver/public. There wasn't an advance day for 2013 cruises so I am surprised that there is for 2014. Seems to be a decision based on what DCL feels like doing at the time.

In the past people have called for prices but I think that this year many have been disgusted with the prices and haven't been checking back after they posted their quotes.

You were lucky and booked a glitch cruise. The price was adjusted when the system was taken down for those cruises and it was higher when they were released again. Same thing happened last year for March & Thanksgiving cruises. Your price won't go up though. They will honor the prices people were able to book before DCL caught the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter